Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #1

Unhappy Item Missing

We traveled for 9 years with a trailer and now a Motorhome and have never had anything stolen. This year my wife bought some decorative rocks to hold down the mat outside and one was taken. I had the coach in two places for service and my I-Pod had grown legs. I hope this is not a trend that is beginning.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
we are in penscola fl and last sat a whole TT was stolen out of the park while the couple were out.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
we are in penscola fl and last sat a whole TT was stolen out of the park while the couple were out.
I highly doubt that it was stolen it was most likely a repo..
Old 11-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #4

Your rock was most likely picked up by a passing kid. A true thief would have taken something more of value to market.
We sell christmas trees and people always ask if theft is a problem. The answer is NO, family people that want a tree are not going out at 3 AM to steal a tree and there would not be much of a market for a stolen tree from a thief either.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yeah, I have to agree with above. And now that literally everyone has a smartphone the ipod is not all that desirable. Heck, I'm not even sure when the last time I saw one was. I bet you find it behind a drawer or piece of furniture.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry about your missing rock! We've been camping since 2000 and never had anything come up missing!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #7

Fortunately it didn't come flying through one of your windows
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinstone View Post
I highly doubt that it was stolen it was most likely a repo..
it was stolen since the police/sheriff came out for reports
if it was a repo the police get notified and do not take reports
Old 11-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry about the rock. I agree probably a kid saw a pretty rock. An adult would have taken all of them.

My wife recently found here phone that was "stolen" last year. It was in the bottom of a clothes drawer.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Not necessarily true. Had an ex's car vanish and she claimed I probably stole it. State Trooper went so far as to call my employer to see if they could vouch for where I was during that time period (I'm 2x states away). Once I got wind of it I called the trooper and gave him the contact info for the finance company that had called me several weeks before looking for her. You guessed it, was repo'ed.
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
That is not always true. I had the police come out for a car down the street that was "stolen". They started a report than saw my cameras, and asked if they worked. Pulled up the video and it was a repo. If I didn't have cameras they would have still made the report.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #12

Had a cooler full of beer stolen on Pensacola Beach a couple of years ago. Kids probably had a fun night. Only thing I have ever had taken in 20+ years. Had a lot more than that stolen out of my driveway.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #13

Yeah - that a gypsy towing company with no name on the truck would call the police before snatching a repo target... That's comedy right there.

Sit around late at night in lower income neighborhoods, and you will see the unmarked tow trucks cruising around looking for their targets. Someone comes outside in the morning, their car is missing and the cops are called... The cops never have notice.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundwaldo View Post
That is not always true. I had the police come out for a car down the street that was "stolen". They started a report than saw my cameras, and asked if they worked. Pulled up the video and it was a repo. If I didn't have cameras they would have still made the report.
Well thats to bad the repo guys did not do their job correctly, that does not change the fact it was stolen the owner have posted a reward cause in fact like my coach it was/is paid for and the park put out a notice not wanting TT to have a hitch lock