Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2016, 08:35 AM   #43

Im going to put Class A back on the list to look at. With 3 days of looking at Class C, it seems that for 15K I can get a Class A that will have the floor plan that we will need. I realy liked Class C for the bed above the cockpit, but the right Class A will work too.

Something like this:

2003 Hurricane 30Q for Sale - A818 - PPL Motor Homes

G-JLD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #44

The Hurricane looks good in the pictures.

Keep in mind that you may only get 5-6mpg and that 1 AC unit is barely going to work if it gets in the 90's.

Good luck.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
The Hurricane looks good in the pictures.

Keep in mind that you may only get 5-6mpg and that 1 AC unit is barely going to work if it gets in the 90's.

Good luck.
Good point about the A/C, the 36' we had befor had 2 and that was great. I will need to so some reserch on one a/c for 30'. Going to have to reserch the Ford V10, alot of what Im looking at in that year range have that engine. Houston is a whole days drive but I really like PPL website and if we went there would be lots to look at. Going to think about this one.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I saw this 05' class C (14k miles) for $10k in your Olk. City Craiglist. I thought $10k was too cheap, unless that is what they want for a down payment to some kind of loan they are willing to deal out...
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
I saw this 05' class C (14k miles) for $10k in your Olk. City Craiglist. I thought $10k was too cheap, unless that is what they want for a down payment to some kind of loan they are willing to deal out...
I saw that ad and instantly thought it was a scame becuase the email address. I have seen that email address, or something like that email address, on another ad and they were selling a DP for way cheep. Its too good to be ture, I think. But I could be wrong.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some good information and a lot of it. I am retiring in the next few years. Originally it was 18 months but the stock market will drive my date. I need a certain number in there before I can pull the trigger. Unlike many I do not have a pension so it's all on me money wise. Anyway, I plan on retiring in the near future. I knew what I wanted (I had a prior coach). So, I just kept looking. RV shows, CL, RV dealers, etc. The right rig at the right price came to me and I pulled the trigger. I have it now and will spend the time until I retire using it and setting it up the way I want. After all it is all about me right????
So, take your time, do what you can afford and most of all make time to use it.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
I thought scam as well.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #50
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I thought scam as well.
When looking for a DP, about half of them on CL were scam. They are easy to spot as they don't usually respond very quickly and want to use an escrow service or private offer through ebay. I guess they are busy.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
We've been talking about full time RVing for almost 10 yrs. my wife is 51 & I'm 49. Neither one of us have any real retirement to speak of anymore . We took a big hit when the economy dived . No pensions, wife has some 401k money . The idea of waiting till we're 65 seems pointless . When we really think about it, what are we really waiting for? The day when we're sitting around looking at each other wondering why we never did it ?
So, we are shooting for 2017 to become gypseys.
stepside454
I have never regretted retiring at 62.
(I would have retired sooner but my Uncle Sam wouldn't help me financially until I turned 62).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 02-04-2016, 01:15 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jen,

When looking at a RV, male sure the basement storage compartments are large enough to fit things in. This will help you while you own it and help with resale.

The one at PPL has SMALL basement compartments. They will NOT even fit an propane grill in there so will limit you storage space. This is VERY important when buying and probably the reason it is for sale, others found out it was just too small.

Some basement storage areas are big enough to put a bed it. Comes in handy for bins of TP, Paper towels, non-disposable foods, that grill, bikes, balls, shoes, whatever you need to take. Tool box, chairs, swim boards, skate boards, bottled water. Whatever you will take along with you. Coolers of beer. You get the idea. Sounds to me like you need the storage space for those games and things you want to take people to. With those several people comes clothing and items.

You want what you need now to work for you and then be able to sell it when you are ready to retire or maybe keep for a year or two and play a while.

Keep looking girl, you will find it when the time is right. Don't let your excitement have you make a mistake with the wrong rig. Maybe add another $5,000 to $7,000 to get what you need and be able to sell for more when done.

Good luck, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:46 PM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I sell on Craigslist and do get the fake buyers here and there. But their emails are a total dead give away...

Buying on either FeeBay or Craigs, your going to have to know you have a good title.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-JLD9 View Post
Your right about some times when you try to wait for the perfect retirement date, that some people don't make it. So we need to get something now and enjoy.
Exactly!!
We planned for retirement, ordered a 2002 Dutch Star. I did actually retire in Feb. 1999 at 51. Went back to work waiting for the DW. In Aug 2008 she put in her retirement papers. Mid Aug her daughter died, leaving us with two grandkids so she continued to work. Then the DW's health started going, and she went on short term then long term disability. Then seemed to be OK but still couldn't go back to work so in late Feb 2015 we traded the DSDP in on the Magna. April 30th they terminated her employment so we went on COBRA for medical (about $1700 a month). On June 7th they diagnosed her with inoperable liver cancer. Now she's on the national liver transplant waiting list. No we have no chance to get away due to her health and the youngest grandson is 16 so school takes up the rest. She's 68 and I'm 69 so time is getting short for both of us.
If you can possibly afford to get away DO IT!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 AM   #55

Starting over on my list, I want a DP

After 3 days of looking at class c and gasser class a we just keep wondering over to the diesel pushers. This is what we have always wanted and I think Im just going to get want I want. So we are upping the budget to 35K plus 5K for taxes and repairs for the now rig. We can do this without touching the full time rig fund, so Im still going to look at everything, but now that Im looking at DPs to, this is going to be even more fun.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and this week has been an eye opener to our plans. We can do this now, no need to wait 3 years....any thing can happen befor then like everyone is saying. My father died 4 years ago form panceatic cancer at 63, took him quick. Dad was waiting for SS and Medicare to do thire plans. Mom is so lonly and sad, and they never got to do their dreams. I have lots of leave time saved and we can easly go one 3 two weeks trips this year, and may weekend trips. Before we know it 3 years will have gone by and Im will be retired too. In those 3 years with a RV, I will learn so much more about full timing then just dreaming and planning at home. Why have I waited so long

Hope to meet you out there some day,
Jen
Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
personally, I would not be comfortable in a class c the size you are looking at, especially if full time..........we bought a class a Monaco, 40 ft, last august, in preparation for wife retiring in may of this year (I have been retired since 7-2013). the 40 ft is easy to wheel around (even with a towable), and provides enough room for two people and "the puppy" to comfortably live............and yes, get it now if you can..........you never know what the next couple of years hold...........best of luck