Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-05-2016, 07:26 AM   #57
Originally Posted by G-JLD9 View Post
My father died 4 years ago form panceatic cancer at 63, took him quick. Dad was waiting for SS and Medicare to do thire plans. Mom is so lonly and sad, and they never got to do their dreams.

My dad also died of the dreaded pancreatic cancer Oct 2006. He was totally healthy up until Sept. 2006 (we thought). He was given a clean bill of health summer of 2006. My mom is doing her best but lonely.......My dad would have loved our RV and it would have been my pleasure to set it up at the lake for my parents to enjoy.

okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #58
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I don't think we see ourselves growing older until something happens with our health. Time has a habit of slipping away while we're not looking. Enjoy today, but don't lose site of tomorrow either.

barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #59
I will be 74 this July.
There is a commercial on TV where this woman is walking along and says she is only 63 and has a nice, long life ahead of her.
My first thought is: OH YEAH?? Who gave her an unbreakable warranty on life?

You just don't know when your clock will stop.
Did you ever wish you had one last chance to tell your parents how much you loved them? I did.
What is ahead of you in life is a mystery. What is behind you is history.

Now go and make some pleasant memories/history.
Buy the darn coach of your dreams.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
DW and I started looking at MH's a couple of years ago since I am scheduled to retire in 2017. Fell into a good deal on a 2002 Winnebago sightseer Class A gasser, and it is the best move we've made in a while. So far we have taken a 2 week trip from our Home in Michigan to New Orleans in 2014 when DW retired. We are gone most weekend in the summer camping somewhere.

Find your self a Class C if that is what you want and enjoy the camping. Good Luck.
Chris & Randy FENNER and
Claire the overly affectionate Brittany
2002 Winnebago Sightseer
Rfennermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #61
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
She's 68 and I'm 69 so time is getting short for both of us.
If you can possibly afford to get away DO IT!!
10-4 on that.

After 3 days of looking at class c and gasser class a we just keep wondering over to the diesel pushers. This is what we have always wanted and I think Im just going to get want I want. So we are upping the budget to 35K plus 5K for taxes and repairs for the now rig. We can do this without touching the full time rig fund, so Im still going to look at everything, but now that Im looking at DPs to, this is going to be even more fun.
Agree. Why buy something, fix it up to fit your needs for the moment, and then buy a DP a few years later for your retirement needs. Ya, if you had money to burn, there wouldn't be a problem. Go out and spend 200 or $300k on a new rig. But paying the high registration fee twice would be a real downer. Glad we don't have that in Ohio.

Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote