Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've often heard ( in jest ) that " I want the last check I write to bounce". Maybe not in jest for some. .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #16

I never wanted, nor expected to inherit anything from my parents. My two kids are very succesful in their own right, and don't need anything that might be left from us. We're having too much fun to worry about what MIGHT happen in the future. My eldest once told us to just go for it and enjoy life....as if we needed any encouragement.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
If I wanted something big like a new Class A and the monthly payments caused me no angst.....I would probably go for it if I were retired......Like folks say..you can't take it with you......Although if you ran into a health problem and couldn't RV anymore and had to sell the rig.....you probably wouldn't get what you owed on the rig......Then What?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
If I wanted something big like a new Class A and the monthly payments caused me no angst.....I would probably go for it if I were retired......Like folks say..you can't take it with you......Although if you ran into a health problem and couldn't RV anymore and had to sell the rig.....you probably wouldn't get what you owed on the rig......Then What?
But if you don't run into health problems, and could RV for a long time, look at all the fun you will have missed because you worried about something that may or may not happen.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I signed that bill of sale last year at age 67, really didn't think that either the RV or me would be running to well in the year 2033. But until one or the other of us breaks down, we'll keep on moving down the road.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
When I signed that bill of sale last year at age 67, really didn't think that either the RV or me would be running to well in the year 2033. But until one or the other of us breaks down, we'll keep on moving down the road.
This has to be my favorite quote yet! Can I borrow it?
Joyce
Old 09-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJoey View Post
This has to be my favorite quote yet! Can I borrow it? Joyce
Thank you and you may!
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I bought my last coach "first" back in 2003 after many months of research. It was purchased from the original owners with nothing down. I financed the entire purchase, $165,000 through my credit union at 4.5% interest for 20 years. I now have less than 10 years left providing I make it to age 80. If not then it's not my problem.

Since it has been my HOME since purchase, the interest on the loan has been deductible up until last year when my itemized deductions were not greater than the standard deduction.

There have been some threads about paying cash for an RV versus having it financed. Then there are those that are adamant about not financing and others like myself that prefer to keep my tax deferred IRA money making more than the interest charged on my RV loan.

Am I upside down, certainly, but whose cares. I made the choice back in 2003 for a coach that would continue to meet my needs and expectations for many years, 20, to be specific. I have done so many upgrades and improvements that there isn't a coach out there that could replace what I have currently without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's not going to happen in my lifetime.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
I'm not too far behind you, Mrfoto. I'm 66 and only 226 payments to go. I'm enjoying the coach, and not worrying about the last payment ...
I thought about paying off my new TT, financed for 10 years, but then since the rate is low and I have no children to leave anything to I figured what the heck. Like you I am enjoying the TT and not worrying about the last payment. The dealer wanted to sell me GAP insurance and I asked why? If I croak and the unit happens to be undeerwater...who cares other than the finance company...
Old 09-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
I'm not too far behind you, Mrfoto. I'm 66 and only 226 payments to go. I'm enjoying the coach, and not worrying about the last payment ...
65 and 234 more to go.....Plan on this being the last one but, who knows. I figure we are spending our kids inheritance. We have to pay taxes on all withdrawals from our IRAs so current low interest rates and adequate market performance, make it a good choice for us. Add in that you can deduct the interest........

2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote