Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #29

No jealousy here ... possibly a bit of pity though. For instance, I sort of felt bad for the kid that started out with a lavish gift, and likely more free stuff in the future. He will miss the priceless pleasure of hard work, self-accomplishment, and pride that "we who did it from the ground up in life" have had. It's a good feeling.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
No jealousy here ... possibly a bit of pity though. For instance, I sort of felt bad for the kid that started out with a lavish gift, and likely more free stuff in the future. He will miss the priceless pleasure of hard work, self-accomplishment, and pride that "we who did it from the ground up in life" have had. It's a good feeling.
Agree. Not jealous; just not interested in over-indulgent, self-serving bores.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #31
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Agree. Not jealous; just not interested in over-indulgent, self-serving bores.
X3!! Not jealous at all.

There are some very interesting segments on these shows, like the antiques being brought back to life by Flyte Camp, the full-time hard-working Band Buses, and of course the very innovative and most excellent Outlaw Class A Toy Hauler!

I say - let's have more of that!

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #32

I enjoy seeing the different rigs out there and those that buy them. Very, very few of us will be out there buying the Featherlites or Marathons or even Foretravels, but it I certainly don't have an issue with those that do buy them. If someone has the where with all to be able to afford the multi-million dollar rig, so be it.

I didn't see the show where the 18 year old was given the million dollar rig, but it does bring to mind another reality TV show and the outcome for the couple on the show. The show was a wife swap show where they would take a woman who was a slob and have her switch places with a woman and a family that were neat freaks and things of that nature. Well, this couple that was on the show had a daughter and they would buy her a gift a day. For her 16th birthday they bought her a brand new Tahoe for $60,000. Apparently these two geniuses didn't think that any IRS employees watched TV. Someone at the IRS looked up this couple's tax return and they didn't report income even remotely close to being able to support their lifestyle. Bottom line is they were tried and convicted of criminal tax evasion and are both currently in federal prison. Pretty steep price to pay for some fleeting fame or should I say, infamy.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #33

Wonder if the daughter brings them a "gift-a-day" while they are in the government hotel.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Wonder if the daughter brings them a "gift-a-day" while they are in the government hotel.

The really sad post script to the whole story is the daughter was working as an "exotic dancer" and just got arrested on prostitution charges and she's only 20. The whole story is just a sordid mess.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #35

Off road rigs tonight. Among other stuff like a custom karaoke lounge in the RV. Never crossed my mind to build one of those into my bus. Maybe it should go up on the roof disco patio. 😳
Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just make sure your rotating disco ball isn't mounted to high. Wouldn't want it to get knocked off at the first overpass. Will you be having a cover charge?😎

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
Same shows over and over, same theme over and over...."Loook at how much I spent on my _______"

yep, that is pretty much all I saw.
I recorded a bunch of episodes, hoping they would have some neat RVs, and spent more time fast forwarding through them than watching them.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
I like seeing what is bing done with new rigs - though I personally have no desire for 99% of it. What I don't understand is why people would want to be featured in the segments. Their 15 minutes of fame, I guess.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
This show has become sick, ostentatious, and unrepresentative of RVing in the US. They should retitle to lifestyles of the rich and famous. They most sickening was the father son Prevost combination. Who gives their son a 1m+ coach, puts it out there on TV, and is seeking anything more than "look at me". Makes me wonder if he really put it in his son's name...if so, maybe the IRS needs to look at the gift tax aspect...hmmmm, 50% tax, well maybe not!
I saw the show about the guy that gives his kid the RV. This is my take on the situation: Dad wanted a new RV, son going off to school, cheaper to give the kid your old RV than pay for dorm or apartment. Now since son has old RV you are justified in buying new one for yourself...........
Also dad said he was taking the old RV back if the kid didn't get good grades.
Blackmail AND saving money........ glad to see people from Louisiana doing well.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #40

I'm struggling with the "real crystal chandelier" option. As much as it is my life's goal to be the first in an RV resort to have that bragging feature, just how does it travel going down the highway? Swinging and swaying, bouncing and bumping. Next worry is ... who is going to clean the dust off of it every day? Will I need to contract with a maid service upon arrival at each RV resort?

Now the "Patagonia" back road RV did speak my language. Price? Meh ... that may be an issue, but mooseing over nearly non-existent trails to remote sites ... looks like fun. It would put a little distance between me and my neighbors ... and the bounty hunters.

Tags
travel