Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #1

It's time

OK, enough is enough!!!! Our winter has been such a disappointment that I am ready for Spring and getting the MH out of storage and lets do some trips/camping! I know that there are places in the 'lower 48' that have been getting their back sides kicked with snow and cold weather. We started off OK, but then the jet stream changed and we have had nothing but [moderator edit] weather. Either it has been warmer then normal, no snow or it has rained. I only had the snow machine out once this season and only used the plow truck twice.
So lets get Spring going and start to have some fun. On the up side, we are planning our bi-annual trip to the 'lower 48' next month, so we will be 'on the road again'!!!!!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #2

Hi R2Home. Yep, really ready for some spring weather. We will get one day tomorrow in the 50's then back to the frigid stuff for a few more days, here 40 miles south of St. Louis on the river.
I don't like to look out at the MH and see it covered in snow.
But real soon back out for some fun.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #3

I can't really feel bad for you. I just plowed the driveway for the 3rd time in a week. We have not seen temp above freezing since sometime before Christmas. As for being ready for Spring, ah at least a month ago. I find that groundhog he better be running!
TheQuades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #4

This was my place a few days ago:

and my Class B which has been sold and waiting for it's new owner:

We still have a foot on the ground and I have a lot to do to my new to me A befor ewe go on the road.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 AM   #5

Gee, third time in a week for plowing the driveway.....we've been doing that daily! Currently we have had just under 17 FEET of snow and guess what it's doing today? Yep, it's snowing! Cold, cold and more cold. We're all just sick of this nonsense but hey, it's got to end sometime, doesn't it?
Old 03-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #6

Our lakes (Finger Lakes) have been frozen for a while, moderating our snowfall. Out where you are the lake effect is still pumping off of Erie. Just think spring is only 18 days away!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #7

Well here in the South...last week snow, today in the high 50's, tomorrow in the 70's and Thursday a chance of snow again....I am ready for spring!

Dixie Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
My birthday is on March 20th, typically the first day of spring.

COME ON BIRTHDAY!

We moved to the mountains of Colorado 3 years ago, and this week was the first time I had to use the snow-blower. Now, the temps are going back up, and the long gravel driveway is a quagmire. We are taking our spring trip soon, so either dry up, or freeze up, so I can get the moho down the driveway soon. Pretty please?

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I live in Michigan and if I never see another flake of snow or temperature below 30 I will be happy. Problem is three more years until retirement. Come on spring, Firebug is counting on you.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Almost 70 degrees here today. Checked the spare tire. Mounted a holder for the outside shower so we could use it standing upright and hands free. All my interior bulbs changed to led except one. I am really itching to hit the road.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
We just went through the coldest February on record, with in 2" of record show fall totals ever. And we were to be in Georgia this winter but nooo, I had to have a new knee put in so here we are still in New Hampshire . More snow due on Wednesday. And I am a California native. What am I doing here??
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have family in North Pole (AK.) where it has been warmer than we have been here in NE. Ohio the last month. I thought last winter was the worst (coldest) I have experienced in my lifetime, but I think this one has taken the cake.

The local news channel just reported Feb has been the coldest on record. Old record (1800's) was a average mean temp. of 18 degrees, new record 13 degrees. Dec and Jan were also brutal.

I usually like to get out about April 8 or 12 for the first weekend to a local state park. But with a two foot snow-pack on the ground the campsites may still be soggy.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #13

Cornell University just anounced that the average temp for February was 10.2º in Ithaca. (Cornell's location) that is the coldest average month since they have been keeping records. Sometime in the late 1800's. Broke the previous record by more than 10º.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #14

Yep, I am with you. Here in MA it has been a crazy winter and I am ready for the snow to be gone. As much as I want it too be gone we need it to melt slowly or we could be close to 40% over the 100 year flood mark. Hopefully we will be able to camp in May.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote