Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #1

Jack Daniel's tour in Lynchburg...anyone ever go?

My brother in law are really wanting to make a visit to whiskey country in Lynchburg, TN.

I'm sure somebody here has made the trip in a class A for the tour and the surrounding Lynchburg area attractions.

What am I in for and ANY tips/advice is very welcome.

Also, my mother is in a power chair. I hope this is something she can participate in...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
My brother in law are really wanting to make a visit to whiskey country in Lynchburg, TN.

I'm sure somebody here has made the trip in a class A for the tour and the surrounding Lynchburg area attractions.

What am I in for and ANY tips/advice is very welcome.

Also, my mother is in a power chair. I hope this is something she can participate in...
We did tour a couple months ago. Did not take our coach but there is RV/bus parking. Basic tour is free and there is an add on for about ten bucks that gives you a chance to sample three or four products and learn more about JD. The entire tour is not suitable for anyone that can't climb stairs. There may be an abbreviated tour available but I would call to confirm. There is a co store where you can buy various products and if you wish get the bottle custom engraved

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

Makers Mark is near by. It is a small distillery. As I remember there are no stairs, but look them up on the web and give them a call to ask. The roads around the county where a lot of distilleries are located are very narrow. I would use a towed auto. Barton Distillery is located at 501 Cathedral Manor, Bardstown, KY. Hours 9-3. The tour is about 1 hour. Barton's Reserve is a blended whisky that is so close to Seagram's VO at about 1/2 the cost.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

Go? My question is... why would anyone ever leave???

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In KY, I recommend taking the Bourbon Trail and visit a list of distilleries.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly Blithe View Post

Go? My question is... why would anyone ever leave???

Its a "DRY" county..........I think

Interesting facts http://www.flask.com/5-facts-about-j.../#.VZHiVEarGhY
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #7

We stayed in Nashville and drove the tow car to Jack Daniels. As mentioned above there is bus/RV parking but not a lot of space if memory serves me correctly. It is a great tour but there are steps and a lot of walking. Check out this site: http://www.jackdaniels.com/visit
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We went on the tour two years ago and paid for the upgraded tour. There aren't that many stairs. There are a couple of buildings that are two story that you have to walk up and then down. The upgraded tour includes a sit down at the end where they have you sample a 1/3rd of ounce of three different blends. They can only legally allow you to taste 1 ounce total.

There is a neat store where you can have your company logo, name etc, engraved on a bottle of your choice. It was very interesting and well worth it. I would try and drive a toad there rather than a large RV.

Here's something very few people know and JD won't tell you. They have a special room where JD landowners can visit. You must be a landowner and ask to be taken to the room. The land consists of one inch square parcels that have been acquired by people over the years. I don't recall how our friends got theirs. The room is filled filled with memorabilia that landlords bring/donate, such as tiny fences for their property. If it's your first visit as a landlord, they give you.... I think it was a mug.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #9

Went there last year, one of the best tours we've been on. We took our toad, parking wasn't a problem. They do have accessable tours. The distillery is in a dry county, but they get around that by selling you a bottle, if it happens to contain a liquid, so be it.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might enjoy this video; the actual tour begins at about 2:05.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We did the tour a couple of years ago. It was very nice. I recommend it. Wish I went when the flowers were in bloom.

2014 Keystone Outback Tavel Trailer
2012 Ram 1500
Retired Navy
Old 06-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #12

Plenty of RV parking in the City Park on the south side of the square. We have carried as many as 10 motorhomes at one time and everyone had plenty of room in the City Park. If you plan ahead, lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House is a "Must Do" (Reservations are required most days). A walk around the square is very entertaining and it is a short walk to the distillery.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Its a "DRY" county..........I think

Interesting facts 5 Facts about Jack Daniel’s Whiskey | Flask.com
That is funny
Old 06-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #14

We do the tour every 2-3 years, and Lynchburg is a very picturesque little town. The countryside is also very beautiful with zero crime and 100% employment. Tims Ford Dam is about 7 miles south and there's a state park with campsites. Tullahoma is about 10 miles east, and it's the nearest wet county. George Dickel is the other large close by distillery (north of Tullahoma,) however it's a much smaller operation than JD. This is a very good stop for those going to Florida from the Midwest.