Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
How about is does not matter, what color, what religion, your interest you have, as long as you are a AMERICAN person that pays towards taxs.........you are "IN"
RV' ing is suppose to be fun, no matter of color, race or believes!
Just do not tread on others!

Have fun enjoying our country!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't want to limit it to Americans, we have some very interesting people from other countries who are welcome to come and visit our country and they can even join our groups as far as I'm concerned.

Glenn

Old 03-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
I personally think the OP's post is perfectly fine. Letting people know of social groups for like minded people is great. I also think that if a group of "Fill in the blank" RV'ers want to form a social group, plan events, trips for that group that's fine too. If they have rules that exclude skin heads or other people with questionable motives that's fine too.
I agree - nobody has to like everything that every person wants to believe in or do all we have to do is respect their right to do so. It is human nature that we feel more comfortable with people with similar values. Aren't we all here because we joined a social group of like minded people when it comes to RV's and this social group has many sub-groups that many of us join and display below our handles or in our signatures . . .
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #18

Jewish RVr's

I am sitting here wondering about your request to extend your membership to a club for Jewish people only. Trying not read more into it, but really question your true ulterior motive. I am really wondering why. Do you only relate, feel comfortable with and/or trust only those of your ethnicity/religion. I'm trying to see the other side and maybe I'm not being fair. Wondering if I/We should start a Catholic, Polish, Baptist, Carpenter, French, Methodist, Police Officer, Buddhist, Gay, Lesbian, Islam, Paganism, Mormanism, and last but not least Palestinian club/s. Guess we want to surround ourselves with others that we feel comfortable with, but maybe it's more than time to attempt to feel comfortable with other than our Own Kind. Maybe You/I should invite a White, Black, Jew, Baptist, Cop, Poor Man, Yuppie, Pot Smoking, and all the so many others to sit at our fires, even if they are not Jewish. So stop thinking about yourself and act like someone who is a kind and compassionate person and is an asset to our mankind. Wishing All The Best, Mike B
Old 03-13-2016, 08:15 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow... That original post touched a couple nerves... How's it differ than a Newmar group, or Tiffin group....folks are a bit touchy these days. He was simply responding to a previous question he remembered from the forum.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a friendly reminder that our Community Rules require us to discuss the topic and not each other.
Thanks Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #21

Holy c#^, the OP made a simple statement about trying to find other Jewish RVers. That is no different that trying to find others interested in glass blowing or joining a group to do sporting clays.
I read nothing in his post to suggest he wanted to limit himself to only Jewish organizations or that other organizations are some how not worth joining.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeforus View Post
Maybe You/I should invite a White, Black, Jew, Baptist, Cop, Poor Man, Yuppie, Pot Smoking, and all the so many others to sit at our fires, even if they are not Jewish. So stop thinking about yourself and act like someone who is a kind and compassionate person and is an asset to our mankind. Wishing All The Best, Mike B
Mike, you could have written the exact same thing and substituted the words "Christian" or "Catholic" for the word "Jewish". Nobody needs to start a group for Catholic RVers or Christian Rvers because these groups already exist as FMCA chapters and have been in existence for many years. There are also clubs (although maybe not RV clubs) in existence for all of the other groups you mentioned. I don't see this as part of a sinister plot. It is part of human nature for birds of a feather to flock together.

Are you saying that every member of Coaches for Christ is not a kind and compassionate person? I don't think that is true. Your "let's include everybody" message is a good one when it standing on its own. But when you couple it with a judgement that goes against the right of people to associate with their own kind, then the message loses much of its appeal.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Holy c#^, the OP made a simple statement about trying to find other Jewish RVers. That is no different that trying to find others interested in glass blowing or joining a group to do sporting clays.
I read nothing in his post to suggest he wanted to limit himself to only Jewish organizations or that other organizations are some how not worth joining.
I have to agree here, nothing wrong with getting together with folks like yourself! I'm a former Marine, and like hanging out with other former Marines. Does that make me anti- "other services"? Heck no! It's really no different (to me anyway) than a Fleetwood group, or any other like minded folks getting together. I like Mickey Mouse, maybe I should start a Mickey Mouse RV Club!
Bob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:38 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jewish RVr's

Well, I am happy to see that some of the replies understand my post. It is NOT about exclusion, only the sharing of experience, just like Fleetwood owners, Poodle owners, glass-blowers........etc.

In my 40 plus years on the road, i have found, since I am Jewish, many other Jewish RVr's who are surprised to find other Jewish RVr's and are interested in sharing with them. My Jewish RV club is NOT exclusively Jewish, but began with a few Jewish families camping together, then finding more like minded folks, and so it started.

Thank you for the support of those who understand my intention.

Never thought it would raise such criticism.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
That is what is GREAT about America you are FREE to join any group (terrorist group excluded) that you want. Square dancing, musical, Ham Radio etc. you get the idea. Each "group" does things differently and that is why we have chocolate and vanilla ice cream. So join a group if you want and have FUN. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:12 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by desobelman View Post
Well, I am happy to see that some of the replies understand my post. It is NOT about exclusion, only the sharing of experience, just like Fleetwood owners, Poodle owners, glass-blowers........etc.

In my 40 plus years on the road, i have found, since I am Jewish, many other Jewish RVr's who are surprised to find other Jewish RVr's and are interested in sharing with them. My Jewish RV club is NOT exclusively Jewish, but began with a few Jewish families camping together, then finding more like minded folks, and so it started.

Thank you for the support of those who understand my intention.

Never thought it would raise such criticism.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

You hit the nail on the head with pointing out the multitude of diverse groups that are out there ! I'm sure you have offended no one on here .
Just post that your tires are rubber !
Stand back and watch the excitement . It will go on for 20 pages before a moderator has to cut it off.
It was nice hearing about the group that you belong to. I actually had never thought about the different groups that RV. Thank you for you post .
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Mike, you could have written the exact same thing and substituted the words "Christian" or "Catholic" for the word "Jewish". Nobody needs to start a group for Catholic RVers or Christian Rvers because these groups already exist as FMCA chapters and have been in existence for many years. There are also clubs (although maybe not RV clubs) in existence for all of the other groups you mentioned. I don't see this as part of a sinister plot. It is part of human nature for birds of a feather to flock together.

Are you saying that every member of Coaches for Christ is not a kind and compassionate person? I don't think that is true. Your "let's include everybody" message is a good one when it standing on its own. But when you couple it with a judgement that goes against the right of people to associate with their own kind, then the message loses much of its appeal.
Not picking on the OP at all, & I don't agree with the formation of those other groups you mentioned either. Don't get me wrong, I will never advocate that anyone can not form or join any group they wish....that is their right as an American. But in {my opinion}, separating ourselves based on race/religion/sex into these thousands of sub-groups has a long term negative effect. The "birds of a feather" theory is precisely the reason that one group, which has chosen to seclude themselves will tend look out at others differently then they would if they were not in a group. Exclusion may not be the intent, but sometimes the result.

As Rv'ers we are already a "group". As a motorcyclist I fall into that group, as a firewood burner another group, the over 50 retired group, the "I like the Blues music group"....the list goes on and on. Some groups are much more volatile than others and we can all agree that race and religion are at the top based on worldwide past and current history. Where does the division of our identity end? How deep do we anchor our separatism?

I reckon I have beat the subject up enough so I will zip it. Being able to discuss this out in the open here is pretty cool. I know we don't all agree, but both sides have valid points.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeforus View Post
I am sitting here wondering about your request to extend your membership to a club for Jewish people only. Trying not read more into it, but really question your true ulterior motive.
Same for me, except I'm wondering about your ulterior motive. Would be questioning the OP if he said "Christians" instead of "Jews"? Of course, there'd be no need to start yet another Christian RV group since so many already exist.

There's nothing wrong with people forming subgroups, as long as they still associate with those outside the group, and don't preach hatred for those not in the group.