Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,751
How about is does not matter, what color, what religion, your interest you have, as long as you are a AMERICAN person that pays towards taxs.........you are "IN"
RV' ing is suppose to be fun, no matter of color, race or believes!
Just do not tread on others!

Have fun enjoying our country!!!!!
__________________

__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Glenn and Kathy's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: May 2000
Location: California Central Coast
Posts: 1,200
Don't want to limit it to Americans, we have some very interesting people from other countries who are welcome to come and visit our country and they can even join our groups as far as I'm concerned.


Glenn
__________________

__________________
2006 Sea Breeze LX 8341 on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with 22.5 Alcoa Alum wheels,
2011 Chevy Colorado 4X4 with Ready Brake
Glenn and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Robmat's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Wildwood, NJ
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
I personally think the OP's post is perfectly fine. Letting people know of social groups for like minded people is great. I also think that if a group of "Fill in the blank" RV'ers want to form a social group, plan events, trips for that group that's fine too. If they have rules that exclude skin heads or other people with questionable motives that's fine too.
I agree - nobody has to like everything that every person wants to believe in or do all we have to do is respect their right to do so. It is human nature that we feel more comfortable with people with similar values. Aren't we all here because we joined a social group of like minded people when it comes to RV's and this social group has many sub-groups that many of us join and display below our handles or in our signatures . . .
__________________
Bob and Cathy
2015 Itasca Sunova 33c towing a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 73
Jewish RVr's

I am sitting here wondering about your request to extend your membership to a club for Jewish people only. Trying not read more into it, but really question your true ulterior motive. I am really wondering why. Do you only relate, feel comfortable with and/or trust only those of your ethnicity/religion. I'm trying to see the other side and maybe I'm not being fair. Wondering if I/We should start a Catholic, Polish, Baptist, Carpenter, French, Methodist, Police Officer, Buddhist, Gay, Lesbian, Islam, Paganism, Mormanism, and last but not least Palestinian club/s. Guess we want to surround ourselves with others that we feel comfortable with, but maybe it's more than time to attempt to feel comfortable with other than our Own Kind. Maybe You/I should invite a White, Black, Jew, Baptist, Cop, Poor Man, Yuppie, Pot Smoking, and all the so many others to sit at our fires, even if they are not Jewish. So stop thinking about yourself and act like someone who is a kind and compassionate person and is an asset to our mankind. Wishing All The Best, Mike B
__________________
timeforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:15 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
MartySQ's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,164
Wow... That original post touched a couple nerves... How's it differ than a Newmar group, or Tiffin group....folks are a bit touchy these days. He was simply responding to a previous question he remembered from the forum.
__________________
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute or a yellow Jeep Wrangler.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,133
Just a friendly reminder that our Community Rules require us to discuss the topic and not each other.
Thanks Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Selah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,319
Holy c#^, the OP made a simple statement about trying to find other Jewish RVers. That is no different that trying to find others interested in glass blowing or joining a group to do sporting clays.
I read nothing in his post to suggest he wanted to limit himself to only Jewish organizations or that other organizations are some how not worth joining.
__________________
Paul, Kathy, and Tux the Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
MRUSA14's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeforus View Post
Maybe You/I should invite a White, Black, Jew, Baptist, Cop, Poor Man, Yuppie, Pot Smoking, and all the so many others to sit at our fires, even if they are not Jewish. So stop thinking about yourself and act like someone who is a kind and compassionate person and is an asset to our mankind. Wishing All The Best, Mike B
Mike, you could have written the exact same thing and substituted the words "Christian" or "Catholic" for the word "Jewish". Nobody needs to start a group for Catholic RVers or Christian Rvers because these groups already exist as FMCA chapters and have been in existence for many years. There are also clubs (although maybe not RV clubs) in existence for all of the other groups you mentioned. I don't see this as part of a sinister plot. It is part of human nature for birds of a feather to flock together.

Are you saying that every member of Coaches for Christ is not a kind and compassionate person? I don't think that is true. Your "let's include everybody" message is a good one when it standing on its own. But when you couple it with a judgement that goes against the right of people to associate with their own kind, then the message loses much of its appeal.
__________________
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 PM   #23
Senior Member


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Holy c#^, the OP made a simple statement about trying to find other Jewish RVers. That is no different that trying to find others interested in glass blowing or joining a group to do sporting clays.
I read nothing in his post to suggest he wanted to limit himself to only Jewish organizations or that other organizations are some how not worth joining.
I have to agree here, nothing wrong with getting together with folks like yourself! I'm a former Marine, and like hanging out with other former Marines. Does that make me anti- "other services"? Heck no! It's really no different (to me anyway) than a Fleetwood group, or any other like minded folks getting together. I like Mickey Mouse, maybe I should start a Mickey Mouse RV Club!
__________________
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx T28RKX
USMC/USNR Seabee (SCW/FMF) Retired
VFW Life Member
Bob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:38 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
desobelman's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 247
Jewish RVr's

Well, I am happy to see that some of the replies understand my post. It is NOT about exclusion, only the sharing of experience, just like Fleetwood owners, Poodle owners, glass-blowers........etc.

In my 40 plus years on the road, i have found, since I am Jewish, many other Jewish RVr's who are surprised to find other Jewish RVr's and are interested in sharing with them. My Jewish RV club is NOT exclusively Jewish, but began with a few Jewish families camping together, then finding more like minded folks, and so it started.

Thank you for the support of those who understand my intention.

Never thought it would raise such criticism.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
__________________
Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Signal Hill, California
Posts: 3,296
That is what is GREAT about America you are FREE to join any group (terrorist group excluded) that you want. Square dancing, musical, Ham Radio etc. you get the idea. Each "group" does things differently and that is why we have chocolate and vanilla ice cream. So join a group if you want and have FUN. Sanford
__________________
Sanford, Linda & R cats: Molly, Levi, Cody
2011 Monaco by Navistar RV
Good Sam Life Member Good Sam Hams Chapter
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:12 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by desobelman View Post
Well, I am happy to see that some of the replies understand my post. It is NOT about exclusion, only the sharing of experience, just like Fleetwood owners, Poodle owners, glass-blowers........etc.



In my 40 plus years on the road, i have found, since I am Jewish, many other Jewish RVr's who are surprised to find other Jewish RVr's and are interested in sharing with them. My Jewish RV club is NOT exclusively Jewish, but began with a few Jewish families camping together, then finding more like minded folks, and so it started.



Thank you for the support of those who understand my intention.



Never thought it would raise such criticism.



Sorry if I offended anyone.

You hit the nail on the head with pointing out the multitude of diverse groups that are out there ! I'm sure you have offended no one on here .
Just post that your tires are rubber !
Stand back and watch the excitement . It will go on for 20 pages before a moderator has to cut it off.
It was nice hearing about the group that you belong to. I actually had never thought about the different groups that RV. Thank you for you post .
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Motor7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Mike, you could have written the exact same thing and substituted the words "Christian" or "Catholic" for the word "Jewish". Nobody needs to start a group for Catholic RVers or Christian Rvers because these groups already exist as FMCA chapters and have been in existence for many years. There are also clubs (although maybe not RV clubs) in existence for all of the other groups you mentioned. I don't see this as part of a sinister plot. It is part of human nature for birds of a feather to flock together.

Are you saying that every member of Coaches for Christ is not a kind and compassionate person? I don't think that is true. Your "let's include everybody" message is a good one when it standing on its own. But when you couple it with a judgement that goes against the right of people to associate with their own kind, then the message loses much of its appeal.
Not picking on the OP at all, & I don't agree with the formation of those other groups you mentioned either. Don't get me wrong, I will never advocate that anyone can not form or join any group they wish....that is their right as an American. But in {my opinion}, separating ourselves based on race/religion/sex into these thousands of sub-groups has a long term negative effect. The "birds of a feather" theory is precisely the reason that one group, which has chosen to seclude themselves will tend look out at others differently then they would if they were not in a group. Exclusion may not be the intent, but sometimes the result.

As Rv'ers we are already a "group". As a motorcyclist I fall into that group, as a firewood burner another group, the over 50 retired group, the "I like the Blues music group"....the list goes on and on. Some groups are much more volatile than others and we can all agree that race and religion are at the top based on worldwide past and current history. Where does the division of our identity end? How deep do we anchor our separatism?

I reckon I have beat the subject up enough so I will zip it. Being able to discuss this out in the open here is pretty cool. I know we don't all agree, but both sides have valid points.
__________________
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W "Sheila"
Workhorse 8.1, Ally 1000
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeforus View Post
I am sitting here wondering about your request to extend your membership to a club for Jewish people only. Trying not read more into it, but really question your true ulterior motive.
Same for me, except I'm wondering about your ulterior motive. Would be questioning the OP if he said "Christians" instead of "Jews"? Of course, there'd be no need to start yet another Christian RV group since so many already exist.

There's nothing wrong with people forming subgroups, as long as they still associate with those outside the group, and don't preach hatred for those not in the group.
__________________

__________________
cwsqbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another "Ethnic Humor" (Jewish Modesty) ALBQ RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 0 10-29-2014 10:47 AM
Happy Country Coach RVr HappyCCRVr New Member Check-In 7 03-27-2012 02:06 PM
Hello Fellow RVr's desobelman New Member Check-In 2 06-30-2011 08:42 AM
New Member Old RVr trower New Member Check-In 6 12-10-2010 08:10 PM
New RVr from SoCal hootgibson New Member Check-In 3 03-15-2010 08:52 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.