Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jewish RVr's

Some time ago there was a post asking, "Are there any other Jews who Camp?" or something to that effect.

I am here to say that Jewish families are no different than any other religious or ethnic group. I am a member of a Jewish RV club in Southern California with over 50 members, The club has been active for over 40 years! As was mentioned in the old thread, FMCA has a chapter called The Chai devoted to Jewish RVr's. There are more than 175 members of that chapter from coast-to-coast.

As was also mentioned, I am aware of three chapters which are all, or mostly black campers.

If you are Jewish, own an RV, live in Southern California and are interested in joining an RV club comprised of mostly Jewish people, send me a PM and I will direct you to them. We have a Facebook Page under Lovin' Levelers.

Darryl Sobelman

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #3

We RV with all religions, ethnicities and political points of view. Bring a good attitude and beer or beverage of choice and all are welcome. Happy camping
Old 03-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #4

Wife and I are Jewish, BUT, sorry, not and never would be interested in joining a club or organization that is limited by religion, race, color, ect.
Just no place for it in todays society.
In fact, three of the things about people I associate with, that I don't discuss, or care about, are religion, politics, and sexual orientation. Everything else, grab a beer, pull up a chair and we'll go at it.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jewish RVr's

It seems that those who replied are missing the point. I belong to 3 other RV clubs plus Good Sam besides the Jewish group. It id NOT about exclusivity, only folks with a common experience joining together. I am simply trying to reach out to people who may feel the need to contact someone they feel a connection to.

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great to see everyone enjoying this great lifestyle. Without limitations to anyone.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by desobelman View Post
It seems that those who replied are missing the point. I belong to 3 other RV clubs plus Good Sam besides the Jewish group. It id NOT about exclusivity, only folks with a common experience joining together. I am simply trying to reach out to people who may feel the need to contact someone they feel a connection to.
Oh I got the point, clearly. Just not something we buy into. ...."feel the need to contact someone they feel a connection" I thought iRV2 was just that.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #8

desobleman I do understand your intent, however I have grown weary of all the sub-groups which are pulling all of Americans away from each other. The politicians and media push it and where does it end? Agnostic RV club, Presbyterian RV club, Lesbian RV club, Redneck Rv Club.....etcetc.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't RV to socialize, I do it to see this great country we live in. I don't shun other Rv'ers, am glad to help anyone on the road if I can. I don't mind yapping a bit with a neighbor at a campsite, but we really are there to do our own thing. I could care a less if you do or do not belong to the above mentioned sub groups...we are all Americans. What I would like to see is less sub groups, and more focus on keeping our fragile America intact.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
desobleman I do understand your intent, however I have grown weary of all the sub-groups which are pulling all of Americans away from each other. The politicians and media push it and where does it end? Agnostic RV club, Presbyterian RV club, Lesbian RV club, Redneck Rv Club.....etcetc.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't RV to socialize, I do it to see this great country we live in. I don't shun other Rv'ers, am glad to help anyone on the road if I can. I don't mind yapping a bit with a neighbor at a campsite, but we really are there to do our own thing. I could care a less if you do or do not belong to the above mentioned sub groups...we are all Americans. What I would like to see is less sub groups, and more focus on keeping our fragile America intact.
YEP!!! FMCA has a chapter called Free Thinkers. Look it up
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #11

I personally think the OP's post is perfectly fine. Letting people know of social groups for like minded people is great. I also think that if a group of "Fill in the blank" RV'ers want to form a social group, plan events, trips for that group that's fine too. If they have rules that exclude skin heads or other people with questionable motives that's fine too.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
In looking at the FMCA chapters list, I see numerous chapters of Coaches for Christ, and chapters for Roamin Catholics, so the OP is only following established precedent. America is all about free choice, so each of us should do as he pleases. Join or don't join these chapters. Be yourself, and do it your way. And don't criticize others for doing the same!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #13

I hope I didn't(don't) sound critical, but if we continue to isolate ourselves into these subgroups are we not pushing ourselves into a corner where the activity of Rv'ing(or any other hobby) becomes secondary? By all means, we are all free to choose what "group" we wish to belong too, I am just pointing out that it might just hinder the American experience. I want to be welcome anywhere, from Harlem to Salt Lake City, I see no color, I see no religion,,,,,what I see is our wonderful nation and feel like we are all part of that ginormous(is that a word? ) group and I want to embellish it.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
" I resign. I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member "...Groucho Marx

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote