Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
I am sure they are all "refundable deposits". Just enough to hold it until you get there.
I'd like to think that the comment above was made, "tongue in cheek", because there are those of us that get so wrapped up in a, "I gotta act now or somebody else will grab if first!", that they send a deposit. They are told that it's totally refundable...until they try to get their money back.

IF you find a super deal, ask the seller for something that nobody could answer unless the MH is in their possession. Photo of the build tag, photo of VIN (they should match) and copy of the title or ownership papers.

IF you still aren't sure, have the seller send you a copy of his driver's license AFTER you've asked him for some personal information (like where he's from and his age) Anything that he says that spells evasion, write him off.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #44

Okay, so here is an update !!! I found an RV listed on RV-TRader in Modesto, CA but didn't get a response to my phone call. Since I have a good friend who live in Modesto I asked him to see if he could get in touch with the seller. Here is the response...

__________________________________________________ ______________

The motorhome is still available for the price of $36,550.00 and it is in very good condition,mechanically, as well as esthetically, with no accident damage nor any other damages and the location of the vehicle is Yorkville, IL. We want you to be completely satisfied with your online automotive experience from purchase to delivery.
Please understand that Orchard RV will arrange shipping for you as a value added service only, with a 7 days inspection period prior to purchase, vehicles are ready for export (Clean title) also Orchard RV can also import vehicles by request.
We have our own moving trucks we use for our clients' vehicle shipping needs.
We work with a big amount of vehicles and not all of them are uploaded on our website,feel free to contact us for any details if you can't find the vehicle you are interested in.

Dealer: Orchard RV
Sales: Robert Fisher
Address: 6088 Polo Club Dr, Yorkville, IL 60560
Email: support@orchard-rv.com
Phone: (630) 621-9031
Work Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm, Sat 9am - 4pm Central Time

__________________________________________________ ___________

Seems mister Fisher has moved his whole operation to 6088 Polo Club Dr, Yorkville, IL 60560 from Joplin !!!

Quick check of the webpage shows the exact same inventory as Joplin !!!

They are much faster and slicker than we... Just can't be too careful..

Bill

Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:43 AM   #45

Maybe worth reporting to the FBI for internet fraud and an attempted violation of interstate commerce.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #46
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Hmm, doesn't exactly look like an RV dealership to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Scam.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	68761  
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Maybe worth reporting to the FBI for internet fraud and an attempted violation of interstate commerce.

I submitted this to the FBI Cyber Crime division.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #48
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting!

That address is associated with Ricky and Susan Smith - see:
Free Reverse Address Lookup | WhitePages
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #49

[QUOTE=Nuts;2148284]Okay, so here is an update !!! I found an RV listed on RV-TRader in Modesto, CA but didn't get a response to my phone call. Since I have a good friend who live in Modesto I asked him to see if he could get in touch with the seller. Here is the response...

__________________________________________________ ______________

The motorhome is still available for the price of $36,550.00 and it is in very good condition,mechanically, as well as esthetically, with no accident damage nor any other damages and the location of the vehicle is Yorkville, IL. We want you to be completely satisfied with your online automotive experience from purchase to delivery.
Please understand that Orchard RV will arrange shipping for you as a value added service only, with a 7 days inspection period prior to purchase, vehicles are ready for export (Clean title) also Orchard RV can also import vehicles by request.
We have our own moving trucks we use for our clients' vehicle shipping needs.
We work with a big amount of vehicles and not all of them are uploaded on our website,feel free to contact us for any details if you can't find the vehicle you are interested in.

Dealer: Orchard RV
Sales: Robert Fisher
Address: 6088 Polo Club Dr, Yorkville, IL 60560
Email: support@orchard-rv.com
Phone: (630) 621-9031
Work Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm, Sat 9am - 4pm Central Time

__________________________________________________ ___________

Seems mister Fisher has moved his whole operation to 6088 Polo Club Dr, Yorkville, IL 60560 from Joplin !!!

Quick check of the webpage shows the exact same inventory as Joplin !!!

They are much faster and slicker than we... Just can't be too careful..

Bill

I have been looking for a rv hauler for some time, I saw that Mr. Fisher had a freight liner sport chassis that I had been looking for. It took three weeks before I heard anything back from him from my original when he finally contacted me it did seem a little odd, but i figured maybe I got sent to his spam and he is just getting to it know give him the benefit of the doubt right. At first,he didn't want me to come and have a look, the first red flag, then kept insisting that I have 7 days to look, feel and touch the truck. If I don't like it he will return the funds and take the truck back, again another red flag. I asked him to send me some pictures on it and he did send off a file with various pictures, which was great. I then asked for a specific picture, I wanted to see the fifth wheel. He said it was there and I had 7 days to return it if I didn't like it and that was all the pictures he had and the fifth wheel was there. Again another red flag, so I decided to call him instead of emailing as maybe I wasn't expressing myself correctly. He answered the phone and I told him who I was.. I asked him if he has the truck, he said yes and that he was looking at it as we spoke.. I said that is fantastic, then please go out and I need a picture of the bed of the truck exposing the fifth wheel and a picture of the inside drivers door so I could match up the vin that he sent me along with the title that looked like it had a sticker put over the original owners name and address. I also asked him if his address that he was using was his home or was it a yard with a building on it(I had already google earth it and did a street view so I knew the answer-but wanted to see what he would say), he didn't answer the question and said again I had 7 days to return the truck if I didn't like it. So at this point I figured Im done with it and not going to take it any further as too many things didn't add up. Thought we where done with the conversation until the following monday when he called telling me he has another person interested and he is going to sell it if I didn't buy it, which I thought gee isn't that nice of him--lol. I tried to explain to him that things did not add up and seemed a little fishy, thats when he hung up.. Later that week I checked the website and noticed that he has deactivated it.. By telling this story i hope that no one falls victim to him. Keep your eyes and ears open and if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Thanks for reading and stay away from the crooks...
Brian

Tags
sale