Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #1

Hi Everyone!
Thought I'd start a new thread to encourage RV ideas - you know, the kinds that some will love and some will turn thumbs down! Here's one: Wallies - they are wallpaper cutouts and very easy to apply, as well as remove. I have the trees and moose (I just love moose), but Wallies come in lots of themes and different sizes. Here's a link: http://www.wallies.com/web/shop.cgi

I told a friend about them and she used some to cover up some of those "little uglies" that come with a previously loved RV.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #2

Hi Everyone!
Thought I'd start a new thread to encourage RV ideas - you know, the kinds that some will love and some will turn thumbs down! Here's one: Wallies - they are wallpaper cutouts and very easy to apply, as well as remove. I have the trees and moose (I just love moose), but Wallies come in lots of themes and different sizes. Here's a link: http://www.wallies.com/web/shop.cgi

I told a friend about them and she used some to cover up some of those "little uglies" that come with a previously loved RV.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I haven't done it but how about stenciling. A little more permanent but you might have more flexibility with the design. I have also thought about doing something with the wooden cabinets. Maybe sanding them and putting on a white wash.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #4

Years ago, when we got our 2nd (previously loved) MH, we did a kitchen cabinet remodel. One of the doors was a special size and I ordered a wide wood picture frame and framed one of my cross stitch pictures, including the glass. Then I installed hinges and door closures. Got so many compliments on the finished project and it was a great place to "show off".

Old 04-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #5

Hi! We've been fixing up our MH to make it more convenient for me in the kitchen. When removing a table to build a desk for DH, we left enough space to add a kitchen cart - the kind that rolls. It gave me more counter space, a BIG drawer for a regular size silverware tray, and a 2 shelf cabinet. It also has a towel rack and a knife rack!!! WOO HOOO - so nice!

I also recommend you check out www.collectionsetc.com -- they have LOTS of stuff that might be useful in RVing...for a small price! I can vouch for the quality -- I've ordered lots from them.
dshultz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #6

What a fun site! I'm thinking about the Southwest Planter (with artificial cacti, of course) and either the Dream Catcher clock or the Bow and Arrow clock. Those things might look really nice with my Native American theme.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 AM   #7

Great ideas!

When I get my rig I plan on doing a complete custom decorating makeover.
After all it your home on wheels and ya gotta make it "you"

I have no problem with painting walls, painting or refinishing kitchen cabinets, replacing cabinet hardware, wallies, recovering cushions, making curtains etc.

In fact I already have material to make my kitchen curtains and know my interior color scheme!

What fun! I love to decorate, I do it for my friends and my friends have promised to help me
redecorate my rig

this thread for more ideas!
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:25 AM   #8

Hey Joanie, how about you pop your head in my camper and give me some ideas. I want to do something but don't know where to start. I can sew and everything. In fact am making Americana curtains for my dining room and kitchen right now. I have pics of my camper at Our camper . I think like you in that I would like to make it my own.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #9

Hey, Jonie - what does " this thread for more ideas!" mean? I love to decorate, too, and I love handy hints because you never know which ones will be just what someone is looking for!

My husband found a zip-up suitcase at a thrift store that was the perfect size for our BBQ and accessories. Then the whole thing fits easily into basement storage and is kept all together. I put one of those tall toilet paper holders in the bathroom to hold extra rolls. It frees up under the counter and cabinet space and you won't run out!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #10

A helps to keep a thread active because the Forum software see it as another post

So I ed this thread so more people would see it and post their ideas too!

I have a decorative TP stand in my bath, burnish muted gold with a vine design. I have never liked the look of a roll of TP dangling off the wall! LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sallys Mom:
Hey, Jonie - what does " this thread for more ideas!" mean? I love to decorate, too, and I love handy hints because you never know which ones will be just what someone is looking for!

My husband found a zip-up suitcase at a thrift store that was the perfect size for our BBQ and accessories. Then the whole thing fits easily into basement storage and is kept all together. I put one of those tall toilet paper holders in the bathroom to hold extra rolls. It frees up under the counter and cabinet space and you won't run out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Sally's Mom, I love those ideas. Especially the old suitcase idea. That makes so much sense. And no one wants those old ones without wheels. Now I have to find one of those paper towel holders. I found some inexpensive ones at Christmas Tree Shop. I too have order things through Collections etc. Very reasonable pricing.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #12

Thanks, Joanie for the !!! To Lynnvt, I have chrome in our bath, so I bought the tall chrome TP holder from Wal-Mart. It was inexpensive and I used double stick tape to hold it in place while traveling. As I recall they had them in other finishes to match different decors.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #13

Well I don't what your tastes are but I like muted but bright happy colors that make a smaller space look bigger and cheery so I am a big fan of creamy yellow, on the gold side not lemon.

You have A LOT of the teal in your rig so a paler creamy yellow with bright white would be pretty and cheery and you could even throw in some deep raspberry as an accent to the teal

I would start with new curtains, I like stripes,florals and plaids because you can incorporate more than one color.

Next I would recover the cushions or better yet make washable cushion covers and get a new shower curtain and replace the border. I am also a big fan of continuing color theme as it makes things flow and look bigger.
In other words pick out maybe 3 main colors and use them in various ways throught out the entire rig.

For example the 3 main colors in my home are creamy yellow, deep raspberry and a midtone yellow green (not blue green) with bright white trim.

So I use patterns in my home that have those colors and variations of those colors.
Blends beautifully, if I do say so myself

I also like to bring the outdoors inside so I like yellow greens, sunny gold yellows and yellow greens and floral prints. Not small country floral but more like larger botanicals prints

Polka-dots are very popular now and I love 'em!

You could probably find some mulit-colored polka-dot material for curtains and shower that would be fun and colorful!

The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mamaloya:
Hey Joanie, how about you pop your head in my camper and give me some ideas. I want to do something but don't know where to start. I can sew and everything. In fact am making Americana curtains for my dining room and kitchen right now. I have pics of my camper at Our camper . I think like you in that I would like to make it my own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #14

Thanks Joanie, I will start with the curtains, but keep in mind changing the border. I don't want to mess with the wallpaper, so need to blend with that. I like the blue (my favorite color)

How would I go about covering the cushions? With all of our kids, it would be great to protect the foam inside and be able to remove them and wash them. It has to be fabric because we use it as a bed at night.

I really like the Americana style. I have a colonial dining table at home and everything is navy, cream and burgundy with American flags and old farmhouse type stuff.

I am thinking about doing a wilderness lodge theme in the camper, but you mentioned keeping the colors light so it seems bigger. I am trying to picture it redone.

Can I buy a regular shower curtain and trim it down? The shower curtain clips are so tiny.

I like your idea with the yellow. It would sure make it feel more open. I am sure I can find something with the blue from the camper in it as well as yellow. I will hit walmart next week.

The current curtains are hung on a basic rod, but have like a pool foamie tube on the rod to make the top of the curtain poof. Not sure if I like it though.

Thanks so much for the starting point Joanie. My problem is often feeling overwhelmed because I don't know where to start. Also, thanks for the yellow idea, that never would have occurred to me. Can't wait to start searching for fabric!!

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote