Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Exclamation Just bought motor home and dealer won't fix problems!

We purchased what for us was a new motor home. It is a 2008 Fleetwood Revolution, diesel pusher. It was, for us, fairly expensive. The dealer (Campers Inn) sold it to us saying they would go through the whole coach and make sure it was 100% and then we would have another 30 day guarantee from them in case we found any problems. Took delivery of coach on Sept 27th. Had many issues on initial walk thru that day and had to cut our inspection short so that they could get the coach road worthy so that we could get home (we traded in our Class A on this coach and had no other vehicle). After being there all day they finally fixed the main slide that would not retract so that we could drive home.

We got the coach home and a couple days later went out to start getting it ready for a planned trip. The slide was still not fixed properly and we called the dealer location we bought it from in Hew Hampshire. They told us to bring it to their Connecticut location to get it fixed. On about Sept. 3oth, we brought the coach to the CT store. On the way there we had other problems crop up. Remote mirror didn't work and we couldn't turn the headlights off (dealer couldn't get lights to turn off either).

At this time, 2 months after buying the coach, it is still at the dealer. They started working on the coach and found a punch list of items that needed fixing. They said they had to call the store that sold it to us to get authorization to make repairs. I was informed a few days ago by the Ct store that the manager at their New Hampshire location said he will not make any repairs to the motor home we purchased. Some of the issue with this coach are expensive to correct and they are responsible to make the repairs.

Has anyone else had issues with CAMPERS INN? If so could you let us know. It appears that this is intentional on their part and other people need to be forewarned before dealing with a disreputable outfit like this. I had gone there and as I was speaking with the service people at the CT store when a man standing by asked if I bought the motor home at the New Hampshire location and what I thought about them. He said he had a horrific experience with them , as well, and showed me a gift certificate he was given because of all of the problems he had with them. Evidently, I am not the only one being treated shabbily by them.
BrucFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #2

That's one of the worst experiences I've heard of. Don't give up trying to force them to live up to their agreements. I hope you have things in writing so you can take legal action if necessary. Also, putting this on this forum should warn people about this dealer so they don't get taken also. They don't deserve to be in business.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree, I'm sure you had the 30 warranty in writing? My thinking is if they keep your rig "hostage" at their "other" location for over the 30 day "extended warranty", they will just say sorry, any new issues are now past your 30 day warranty.

I on the other hand would have said that my 30 day warranty should start "after" the rig is 100%. You were never given a 100% issue free rig to start with, as told at day of delivery.

Personally I would have left the rig there the first day, asked to be driven to a car rental place. Come back after repairs were made. Parked in their lot at least one night, drive it around the area. Park again, open slides again.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it isn't written down, it NEVER happened. If it is written down, get a lawyer now--yyou can be sure the dealer has one or several at their disposal. Don't know tis dealer, but unless it is a mega dealer, I don't know how a dealer has the time or manpower to go through a trade in rig and make sure it is 100% to go on the sale lot. Most dealers will make it look shiny and new, fix the obvious, and then say they'll fix anything that should crop up hoping nothing does until you are down the road and can say it left here ok. Even buying from a small dealer I would pay the $500 or so to have an independent RV inspector come and check it all out. Hopefully by the time you read my 2 cents you have resolved your problems with your dealer to your satisfaction. Future "buyers beware"--not my advice but as old as the ages.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It might be interesting to check with the BBB and see if anyone else has filed complaints.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It might be interesting to check with the BBB and see if anyone else has filed complaints.

I second that advice. I did that some years ago against Newmar and finally got some action from them.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
You may also want to try to get in touch with local news stations! Most of the time they will help you out or at least let everyone know the problem you have with the dealer. Dealers hate that.
That being said, don't feel like you are alone. it is sad but there are big dealers out there (Camping World) that treat people the same way. I learned the hard way. I believe one of the most important things to find is a reputable dealer. Also be aware that most dealers even the big ones are way behind in their service departments, Parts ordered from the factory are usually 2 to 3 weeks behind so figure your MH will be tied up a while if you are having a major problem that prohibits your from using your MH. What kind of problem are you having with your slide? There are a lot of folks on here that can help you get that thing to operate even if you have to over-ride the system. Also You-Tube has several videos on how to adjust or override your system. If you know what kind of slide system you have let us know. any other problems, let this forum know. They have helped me or guided me in the right direction every time.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #8

Unhappy The BBB is not your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

The BBB is not a consumer resource nor is it affiliated with any government organization. They are nothing but a franchise operation which bases its reviews on membership fees paid. They are not a consumer watchdog or advocate.

Google the BBB for more info or simply check: Myths and Truth | The Truth About The BBB for an enlightening look at how they really do business.

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #9

What does your contract say? In a conversation people sometimes hear what they want to hear and when it is in writing that is what you have agreed to.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The good news here is that what you bought is a quality coach and once you get everything right you will be very happy. we love ours
Old 11-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #11

Contact Motorhome magazine's help line, and Good Sam magazine has the same consumer complaint department. They both appear to get positive results after appealing to the business involved on your behalf.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Simple.....Review your sales contract(fine print) and anything in writing from the dealer/sales person to you..........if in breach of contract, inform them your Lawyer will be contacting the owner (Call him directly)of the said establishment where the sale was made. We are reading what you are telling us and are not able to read/see the agreement you have/signed when you bought your new Coach.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I know it's too late in your case, but maybe others reading this thread will remember what I am about to say when they buy their next motorhome. Do not make your final payment and accept the Motorhome for delivery until you are 100% satisfied. Period. If you do, you risk exactly what these folks are going through. I read about this quite frequently on this site and am amazed that so fundamental a concept does not prevail.

BTW, the Revolution is a very nice mh. Good luck with it!
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I learned to never sign the check until all problems were fixed no matter how inconvenient it is for me.

When I had a problem getting my computer back from a local repair shop (he had it for 7 months) I contacted the BBB and shortly after that the owner of the shop contacted me. He was upset about all the paperwork he would have to fill out and about his business having complaints. In order to get my computer back I had to withdraw my complaint from the BBB but I got my computer back that week.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer