Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #15

Before you go get a lawyer, continue up the ranks in the Dealership you bought from. Everyone has a boss so don't stop until you get satisfaction or get to the top decision maker and they deny you, and get names along the way. Once you've done that get a quote for what you think actually needs to be done to your MH, that is the responsibility of the dealer based on what you believed at the time of the sale. play their game and let them itemize the cost of everything needed. If that amount is within the small claims court limits, you can go there and state your case, and most likely wouldn't need a lawyer. Most Judges I have worked with are regular people too and they don't appreciate big dealers or whoever taking advantage of the consumer who felt they were making an honest deal. And they have even more sympathy for somone who took the necessary steps to handle it civilly, so don't start arguing, calling names ect, let them do that. I know it's hard but in the end if you have the documents to back up what you have told us, you will prevail even if it is past the 30 days as previuoly stated they violated there own terms when it wasn't delivered in 100% operating condition.

If you do get a lawyer, one phone call may fix it all, but even that is going to cost you some money. If you get an award in small claims court you don't have to get the work done at that shop, and unless the Judge orders them to do the repairs, you can take it anywhere to be fixed as they don't seem to ba able to handle some pretty minor repairs.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #16

Capt Steve does make some valid points about BBB. However, they often do try to mediate disputes, and in the case of automobile complaints at least, will sometimes recommend another shop who has agreed to help in the case for arbitration. I does not hurt to involve BBB, but I would never make them my only source for a resolution.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #17

First document everything, Time, Date, telephone conversations and with who.. document that per the dealers instruction you took the MH to his specified location for repairs according to their 30 day warranty. If you have not taken the Motorhome from the say you dropped it off in CT (which was with in the 30 day window they gave you for warranty) then they are in default, and, if you have a 30 day warranty stated on your invoice you should contact an attorney...

The BBB is ok, it's long term your case is that you brought to their attention a number of issues and delivered the coach to their stated warranty depot to have the motorhome repaired... if the repair facility could not fix the repairs with in that 30 days that does not county, you delivered it to them with in the 30 days... I'd hold their feet to the fire and "EVERYTHING" that is wrong with that motorhome fixed at their cost. .Or offer to back out of the contract with all (including any taxes, fees and cost) returned to you 100%!

I would also send them via receipt requested a letter of all the above information and that you expect either the Motorhome fixed to your satisfaction with a new 30 day warranty or a 100% refund... I would not screw around talking with them on the phone at this point.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your problems.......I would also start making my way up the corporate ladder of the dealership.......Try not to be rude or angry when dealing with management types. If all else fails park the rig outside the dealership with a banner from the front to the rear outlining your complaint. That should get some attention.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #19

I beleive I found the dealership you purchased your MH from, they claim to be the biggest so thats good.. I have posted a link to their contacts page and at the bottom of the page is a link to a hotline. I'd suggest you follow Mikes great comments and start up the ladder with the documentation you have or get.. Keep it all in chronicle order with names and titles and dates of contact. Good Luck

Here is the link to start with : Campers Inn - Contact Us

And here they name the owners and background: About Campers Inn, A Top-Selling East Coast RV Dealer

And it looks like they are still involved: Jeff Hirsch, CEO and owner of Campers Inn.

Hope that information helps!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
WHAT DOES YOUR CONTRACT PAPER WORK SAY?

What you talked about does not count. A dealer likes to keep a good name, and two months is not acceptable. But then again the points you made are valid. Go to the dealer and salesman and demand service or lawyer up. Talk is cheap action costs.

LEN
Old 11-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #21

American Coach Owners Club
Problems with dealer- saga continues

Thanks for the responses and advice. I fortunately have a good trail of documentation. I followed up all conversations with emails to the individuals confirming the conversations. I celled them yesterday and spoke to a different party than the previous people I had dealt with. He said that at this point it looks like they will fix any "mechanical" problems. I asked what that meant and he stammered and didn't really answer my question. The regular service manager at the dealership will be returning to work next Tuesday and I have to call him to get clarification. I had also received a call from the company we purchased an extended warranty from. They said the dealer had called submitting a claim for work on my motor home under the warranty. I answered their questions regarding when I knew about issues with the coach. He said he was going to forward information to their claims people. We are hoping that they do the right thing. Without a doubt, the culprit in this whole affair is the general manager at Campers Inn Merrimac, NH store. He is the one who said he would not fix anything in the coach. He is not the kind of person you want to do business with. He is obviously dishonest. He certainly doesn't represent their company well.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Why is the company submitting claims against your extended warranty.......I don't have a crystal ball, but I bet that the claim is gonna be denied based on that it is a pre-existing problem. I still think your getting the run-a-round from the dealership saying the service manager will be back in a week and will talk with you......what is that? Does the service centre stop talking with clients and does work stop because the service manager took the week off? Go above the stammering middle manager you spoke too until you get some to say "Yes Mr Smith we should have fixed those problems for you and we will take care of that today"
Old 11-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Warranty most likely as said will not pickup the cost on pre existing conditions, that would just be stupid of them. I won't cover my RV until something is wrong and the get a warranty to pay for it "NOT". If there is that much wrong "BACK OUT NOW". Something is sounding real my wrong. Get level help now before you loose your investment.

LEN
Old 11-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think its time to speak directly with the owner. If they refuse to let you or they say they'll give him the message, I would invest in a large sign that says "I bought this lemon at Campers Inn" and park your motorhome out front. I don't think you'll be parked there very long before you get some attention. Maybe even media attention.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #25

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
The BBB is not a consumer resource nor is it affiliated with any government organization. They are nothing but a franchise operation which bases its reviews on membership fees paid. They are not a consumer watchdog or advocate.

Google the BBB for more info or simply check: Myths and Truth | The Truth About The BBB for an enlightening look at how they really do business.

We used to have a business, one day I got a call from the local BBB. They wanted me to pay them a fee for an A rating. We would have had an A rating anyway
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
In order to get my computer back I had to withdraw my complaint from the BBB but I got my computer back that week.

Jon
That was the shops' stipulation, not the BBB. You could have left the complaint on file and just written them a letter stating that you and the shop owner had mutually settled the dispute, but that would have left the dispute on file.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am sorry for what you are going through. I can relate to it. We purchased our first RV from CW in Savannah Ga. Like I discovered problem driving it home plus a lot more. I bugged the hell out of them calling them everyday. Finally I got tired of trying by googling I found the CEO's email, sent him a long list and detailed step by step everything that happened and dealerships response. One his VPs contacted me and ended up with a settlement which wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but they took action. You may want to do the same, email their CEO Jeff Hirsch, detail out your complain. I just read his history on Google. He is the owner since 1976, the also have a hot line? Good luck, don't give up.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=Mr_D;2325441]That was the shops' stipulation, not the BBB. You could have left the complaint on file and just written them a letter stating that you and the shop owner had mutually settled the dispute, but that would have left the dispute on file.[/QUOT

When I talked to the BBB about dropping my complaint I told them the reason and the BBB said they would keep my complaint on file.

Jon

2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer