Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
I had emailed the C.O.O. and President of the company. I received a short response yesterday from the President (Jeff Hirsch) saying he would look into what they(Merrimac, NH store) had committed to when they sold it to us. Not sure what that means. The general manager at the Merrimac store who is the person refusing to fix anything on the coach is "David Hirsch". Obviously a relative of the owners. Jeff Hirsch is supposed to be a reputable person. We will see. The Merrimac operation, under this Dave Hirsch, has proven to be unscrupulous and dishonest. I would warn anyone against ever doing business with their operation.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #30

let me review with you what I understand on your purchase... you purchased the coach with a 30day warranty.. no stipulation as to what that covers... so that says to me as a consumer that the dealer will fix "Any" flaws, in operable equipment an items that are wrong with the Motor home" That includes the drive train and house... Correct?

That right there says that the dealer must fix everything in the list. They should not be calling your 3rd party warranty service for anything if this is a problem that was not fixed before you picked up the coach! In good faith you purchased a "Working" motorhome... and that is not the way it turned out.. I would not accept any thing other than having it alll fixed at their expense and I would not let them use your extended warranty unless they are paying you for it... and I'd ask them to pay for the extended warranty if they have used it!

Make sure you write everything down as to the problems and what you expect (and don't back down) tell them if they don't want to fix it they can take the unit back.

Good Luck... keep us posted
Dave

Old 11-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
The problem here , on this 3 page thread, is still........no documentation from the OP listing what kind of warranty he received when he bought this Coach.........Please post a copy of your transaction/reciept listing the agreement from the dealer.
Sure would be nice for us to see it.........
Old 11-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #32

We had a similar experience with a dealer in ct ( long View RV ) and had to fight with them for over 3 months and 6 of 7 trips back when we bought our 05 Newmar MADP
Just be persistent and keep calling and don't be afraid to speak up
That's what I did and we ended up with everything fixed and are very happy with our coach (still not so happy with dealer although they did make it good )
Hope it works out for you
PS hold off on the lawyer if you can
Sometimes it makes it worse !
Old 11-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #33

I didn't quite understand your acceptance and delivery process, but I really feel compassion for what you are going through. I was at a dealership last week and on the wall they had their 15 day fixit policy...as I read it I kept thinking of what it obviously didn't cover (like water leaks and rust issues), and wondered what kind of get out of fixing it statements might be found in their written warranty. Thank goodness I have put off buying until this spring and until I can buy a fresh bottle of aspirin.

It does seem that dealers behave in a certain manner when I first walk in the door, and then as I push them on issues they lose their confidence. One dealer was telling me how wonderful of a review process they had, but when I asked if they would warrant the rig was free of water damage and was not leaking, he kind of went weak in the knees.

So if I wanted the rig, I would have to pay for a leak/water damage evaluation on my own it seems, despite no evidence of water damage or leaks, before I ink the deal...nothing like buying a car.

I think I would rather fight and argue with the dealers before I buy, than after I buy.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucFitz View Post
We purchased what for us was a new motor home. It is a 2008 Fleetwood Revolution, diesel pusher. It was, for us, fairly expensive. The dealer (Campers Inn) sold it to us saying they would go through the whole coach and make sure it was 100% and then we would have another 30 day guarantee from them in case we found any problems. Took delivery of coach on Sept 27th. Had many issues on initial walk thru that day and had to cut our inspection short so that they could get the coach road worthy so that we could get home (we traded in our Class A on this coach and had no other vehicle). After being there all day they finally fixed the main slide that would not retract so that we could drive home.

We got the coach home and a couple days later went out to start getting it ready for a planned trip. The slide was still not fixed properly and we called the dealer location we bought it from in Hew Hampshire. They told us to bring it to their Connecticut location to get it fixed. On about Sept. 3oth, we brought the coach to the CT store. On the way there we had other problems crop up. Remote mirror didn't work and we couldn't turn the headlights off (dealer couldn't get lights to turn off either).

At this time, 2 months after buying the coach, it is still at the dealer. They started working on the coach and found a punch list of items that needed fixing. They said they had to call the store that sold it to us to get authorization to make repairs. I was informed a few days ago by the Ct store that the manager at their New Hampshire location said he will not make any repairs to the motor home we purchased. Some of the issue with this coach are expensive to correct and they are responsible to make the repairs.

Has anyone else had issues with CAMPERS INN? If so could you let us know. It appears that this is intentional on their part and other people need to be forewarned before dealing with a disreputable outfit like this. I had gone there and as I was speaking with the service people at the CT store when a man standing by asked if I bought the motor home at the New Hampshire location and what I thought about them. He said he had a horrific experience with them , as well, and showed me a gift certificate he was given because of all of the problems he had with them. Evidently, I am not the only one being treated shabbily by them.
BrucFitzy
Sorry to hear about your problem with your selling dealer.
Unfortunately those kind of problems are not unique to Campers Inn.
Dealers who only care about SELLING a coach, or any other RV, (new or used), are common.
More often than not if the buyer can't/doesn't fix everything himself, (or pay someone else to fix it), he's stuck with a coach that will never be satisfactory.
Good luck.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #35

Well, finally got results. We now have our new (new to us) motor home that we purchased from the dealer two months ago. It took awhile but, they finally addressed the major issues. I sent emails to the president of Campers Inn (Jeff Hirsch). He either directly or, indirectly became involved and they finally worked on fixing the problems.

At this time I am pleased with the results. Can't be sure if there are any unknown problems still to be found. We never really had the coach to test everything. So much time had transpired from the time we purchased the home that we had them winterize the unit in lieu of the impending weather. Consequently, we can't test water pump, hot water heater, washer/dryer, ice maker, etc. The Campers Inn store in Union, CT is excellent and I would not hesitate to send anyone to them. (I would advise against dealing with their Merrimac, New Hampshire store. Unless they had a shake up of management there I would avoid them). Their staff(Union, CT) is very service oriented and we had a great experience with them. Their techs were truly concerned with making things right. When we went to pick up the coach the tech who did the bulk of the work went through everything he found wrong and had fixed. He found things we weren't aware of (ex. plumbing leak inside wall behind shower, inverter issue, to name a few). He totally re-built the main driver side slide. These were a few of the things that he fixed. When we got it home a couple of days ago we cleaned the unit inside and out before covering it for the winter. We did discover that the rear furnace doesn't turn on at all?

I finally had a chance to take some photos of the coach that I will post. Over all we love the motor home and hope the worse is behind us. Thanks to everyone for your support. Look forward to travelling with the motor home and hopefully meeting many other owners.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We used to have a business, one day I got a call from the local BBB. They wanted me to pay them a fee for an A rating. We would have had an A rating anyway
They tried that with me also when I had my bussinness. BBB is a crock of poo- poo.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am happy for you. I can relate to how frustrating can be. I normally don't bu extended warranty on anything. But in this case, it was a good choice. So far, we had to replace the invertor, one awning, wiper motor, roof top air conditioner and dash air. You may want to consider it if you haven't. Good luck
Old 12-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #38

Dealer/coach problems resolved..we hope

We did buy the premium warranty protection plan when we bought the motorhome. Needless to say we didn't get the "warm fuzzys" when we arrived to pick up the coach from the dealer. Based on that we decided it would be prudent to get the coverage. The dealer ultimately did not submit any repairs to the warranty company. I suspect that we are going to find some issues when we open up the coach in the spring. We are crossing our fingers that we don't have major issues. At this time we are just happy to finally get the coach. If we have issues I will use the Campers Inn in Connecticut. The people there were excellent to deal with. I would never again do business with the Merrimac, NH store.

We love the coach and are looking forward to using it. I was going to post some pictures but, not being a techie, I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to posts.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #39
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucFitz View Post
We did buy the premium warranty protection plan when we bought the motorhome. Needless to say we didn't get the "warm fuzzys" when we arrived to pick up the coach from the dealer. Based on that we decided it would be prudent to get the coverage. The dealer ultimately did not submit any repairs to the warranty company. I suspect that we are going to find some issues when we open up the coach in the spring. We are crossing our fingers that we don't have major issues. At this time we are just happy to finally get the coach. If we have issues I will use the Campers Inn in Connecticut. The people there were excellent to deal with. I would never again do business with the Merrimac, NH store.

We love the coach and are looking forward to using it. I was going to post some pictures but, not being a techie, I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to posts.

Good for you! Persistence does pay off! Enjoy your coach!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #40

I live up here in Concord NH and have driven by that place a number of times. I knew the first time I visited the lot that they where NOT into Class A's.
Class C, TT & Fivers but not any Class A's.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #41

Another vote for not paying until the unit is ready to go. Love to hear them say "that's not the way we do it" and I just reply "you'll have your money when I have my MH." As long as people allow dealerships to do business this way it will continue to happen over and over again.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #42

One thing we live by is simple expressions.

Like this...

"See the wad of cash in my hand?"

"When you do what you promised and I am happy I may let you have some but not a second before".

It also works for getting better price...show amount you will pay "out the door" and often they will catch you before you get there.

Tags
dealer