Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 AM   #43

American Coach Owners Club
As an update...we opened our coach this spring to get ready for a trip and finally get to use the coach. As expected we had some other issues. Made several trips to Campers Inn in CT to get problems fixed. Had to replace all of the batteries in the coach (6 batteries). When I went to pick up our coach from the first appointment I received a bill of $1,700 to replace the batteries. I bought and provided 4 of the six AGM batteries for the coach and they installed them. When we questioned the bill they said they did a lot of other work checking all of the electric system in the coach but, they just didn't list it on the invoice (more about this later).When we got the coach home we had other issues with electrical components including the rear vacuum flush toilet. The TECMA toilet did not work at all. No power to the unit. So much for having spent hours checking all of the electrical system. Made 3 trips to the dealer to try to get it resolved. I finally brought it to a small RV repair shop in Waterbury , CT who specializes in electrical work on RV's. He has been around for 40 years. He was excellent. Fixed the toilet problem plus other items in 3 hours time and cost me $50.

Back to the invoice...my wife sent an email to Jeff Hirsch, president of Campers Inn. She explained her concern about the expensive charge to install batteries. He read it immediately and a couple of days later we received an email from the national service manager at Campers Inn indicating that they were giving us a substantial refund of the charges that were erroneously overcharged.

Campers Inn in Ct has a group of people we like however, they need more qualified people in their service dept. This is probably the case everywhere.

Our experience with Campers Inn, as a company, is that they are trying to provide good service and are working on getting the right people in key positions. The executive management has been responsive and seem to "walk the talk". After many years of owning RV's the problems encountered seem widespread throughout the industry. As an industry the RV companies have significant room for improvement. For the kind of money owners spend the level of service should be at the highest level. They (RV Industry) so far don't earn our business. The same can be said for the manufacturers. It is incredible how poor the QC of these manufacturers is!
BrucFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucFitz View Post
We purchased what for us was a new motor home. It is a 2008 Fleetwood Revolution, diesel pusher. It was, for us, fairly expensive. The dealer (Campers Inn) sold it to us saying they would go through the whole coach and make sure it was 100% and then we would have another 30 day guarantee from them in case we found any problems. Took delivery of coach on Sept 27th. Had many issues on initial walk thru that day and had to cut our inspection short so that they could get the coach road worthy so that we could get home (we traded in our Class A on this coach and had no other vehicle). After being there all day they finally fixed the main slide that would not retract so that we could drive home.

We got the coach home and a couple days later went out to start getting it ready for a planned trip. The slide was still not fixed properly and we called the dealer location we bought it from in Hew Hampshire. They told us to bring it to their Connecticut location to get it fixed. On about Sept. 3oth, we brought the coach to the CT store. On the way there we had other problems crop up. Remote mirror didn't work and we couldn't turn the headlights off (dealer couldn't get lights to turn off either).

At this time, 2 months after buying the coach, it is still at the dealer. They started working on the coach and found a punch list of items that needed fixing. They said they had to call the store that sold it to us to get authorization to make repairs. I was informed a few days ago by the Ct store that the manager at their New Hampshire location said he will not make any repairs to the motor home we purchased. Some of the issue with this coach are expensive to correct and they are responsible to make the repairs.

Has anyone else had issues with CAMPERS INN? If so could you let us know. It appears that this is intentional on their part and other people need to be forewarned before dealing with a disreputable outfit like this. I had gone there and as I was speaking with the service people at the CT store when a man standing by asked if I bought the motor home at the New Hampshire location and what I thought about them. He said he had a horrific experience with them , as well, and showed me a gift certificate he was given because of all of the problems he had with them. Evidently, I am not the only one being treated shabbily by them.

I just suffered same problem with headlights of headlights not turning off with my 2008 revolution. Could you tel. Me what the cause was. Mine is headlights don't turn off, clearance lights don't come on.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad you got it fixed.
I've dealt with several RV dealers and I'm often given a verbal "everything works". Very very rarely to dealers actually go through the units they are selling.

When I get an "everything works" - I request that the back it up in writing and specify what's to happen if everything isn't working for the next (typically 30) day period. This is usually when the stammering starts. And looking into the "everything works" claim - I ask to see a list of things that were tested......

These RVs are complex - high quality - but complex - and testing every little system would take a good deal of time. So out the door one of you has some liability - the dealer, if he's willing to put it in writing, or you - if you've got nothing other than verbal on the condition of the RV.

Glad your case worked out.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:46 AM   #46

American Coach Owners Club
Not sure of exact cure but, the dealer had to contact Fleetwood direct to get help to figure out the problem. I have called Fleetwood for help and found them to be very accommodating and knowledgeable. I spoke with a tech there who was tremendous. She had me walk out to the coach and stay on the phone as she walked me through some checks to diagnose a problem.
BrucFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:08 AM   #47

Why do these stories continue to pop up. Does the RV Dealer Industry really need to be like this. Their making $20,000 to $40,000 on the sale of a used coach and still treat customers like this.
KerrTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Contact Motorhome magazine's help line, and Good Sam magazine has the same consumer complaint department. They both appear to get positive results after appealing to the business involved on your behalf.

A little public shaming (or an opportunity to make things right in a public forum) seems to go a long way... especially when published in a trade magazine that matters to potential future RV buyers.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucFitz View Post
Not sure of exact cure but, the dealer had to contact Fleetwood direct to get help to figure out the problem. I have called Fleetwood for help and found them to be very accommodating and knowledgeable. I spoke with a tech there who was tremendous. She had me walk out to the coach and stay on the phone as she walked me through some checks to diagnose a problem.

Yep, I used them to troubleshoot and appears to be smartwheel decoder box. Bras just hoping you would be verification prior to ordering one. Thnx

Tags
dealer