Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #1

Ketelsen Campers of Colorado - Review - wanting to by a Outdoors Creekside

Colorado RV Dealer | Ketelsen Campers

Anyone have opinions about Ketelsen Campers of Colorado - Denver?

I'm looking to buy an Outdoors Creekside RV. Denver is closest to me - I'm in Georgia. Next would would be Thompson RV in Oregon; an additional 1,200 mile drive.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #2

Ketelsen Campers started in Cedar Rapids,Ia in 1962. They are an excellent company and it is still owned by the founders son, Gary. They are an standup organization and I've been doing business with them in Cedar Rapids for over 25 years. I assume since Gary own's the Cedar Rapids dealership, and his Dad's picture is featured on the web site of the Colorado dealership, he owns both facilities and they would be managed the same, with honesty, integrity, and great customer service.
Any questions about the Colorado facility, give Gary Ketelsen a call in Cedar Rapids to clearly understand the relationship between the facilities.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #3

Ketelsen is about 5 miles from my house here in Denver. I have never bought there, but have shopped RV's there and used the parts dept. I always had good luck there. Do not recall hearing anything bad about them, they have been in business a long time.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #4

Bought from them back in 2004 good experience. Have also used them for some parts over the years. No issues for me.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
VTR

On our second unit from them. They get your unit prepped correctly the first time.
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 PM   #6

The service department is top notch!! They have done a spectacular job in the past for us.
Bill473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:44 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought a pop up camper from them nearly 20 years ago (Denver) and had a great experience with them at that time. The fact that they are still in business says a lot, so the must be doing something right.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #8

Wow, very hard these days to hear these kudos about an RV dealership...nice to know.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #9

Good honest business!!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Colorado RV Dealer | Ketelsen Campers

Anyone have opinions about Ketelsen Campers of Colorado - Denver?

I'm looking to buy an Outdoors Creekside RV. Denver is closest to me - I'm in Georgia. Next would would be Thompson RV in Oregon; an additional 1,200 mile drive.
Just curious as to why it matters? I assume you would just buy based on price alone regardless of opinions of the dealer. Or, do you intend to drag the rig back to CO everytime you need warranty service? I've never considered the dealer reputation to be a big part of any RV I've ever purchased because I've never had to have any dealings with a dealer after the sale.

Tags
colorado, door