Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #1

Lady Bugs

All,

I my coach, 2013 Allegro, is full of lady bugs. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you treat it.

Thanks,
Todd

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomclaug View Post
All,

I my coach, 2013 Allegro, is full of lady bugs. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you treat it.

Thanks,
Todd

Lady Bugs or love bugs?

Where are you?

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ladybug Infestation: There?s Ladybugs in my House!

Read before you act.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #4

Quote:
All,

Thanks,
Todd
Todd
Could they be Asian Beetles?.....(see: https://www.google.com/#q=asian+beetle+vs+ladybug)

Here in central WI we've had major autumn infestations of Asain beetles, (both in our coach an sticks & bricks)...some years we have vacuumed up thousands.

See also: Asian Beetles - How To Kill and Get Rid Of Asian Beetles Bugs

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My sister had a ton of them invade her house.

They kept a vacuum cleaner handy and sucked them up several times a day.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #6

We had an infestation a month or two after we bought the RV. They had laid their eggs on top and around all of the slide seals. After they did their ladybug 'transformation', they entered the RV with the slides closed. They were everywhere...and they bite! Once I found out where they were coming from, I sprayed all the slide seals and it took about a week to vacuum up the ones that found their way inside...what a pain.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
We had an infestation a month or two after we bought the RV. They had laid their eggs on top and around all of the slide seals. After they did their ladybug 'transformation', they entered the RV with the slides closed. They were everywhere...and they bite! Once I found out where they were coming from, I sprayed all the slide seals and it took about a week to vacuum up the ones that found their way inside...what a pain.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3075950AAXlScZ

Your comment that they bite caused me to look this up because I didn't think they could bite.

Turns out our American ones don't bite.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #8

A residual-type ant killer spray works very well to kill those present and significantly reduce the number that crawl over the dried spray.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
All,

Thanks,
Todd
I am 50 miles south of you. We are in McDonough, GA. We also have been overrun with them. I suck them up with vacuum cleaner. They started 3 years ago for us. They don't seem to hurt anything.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
At home they hatched from one of our heater vents. Then fly everywhere. I started spraying a standard bug killer inside of the vent for the last three years. It has killed them a little at a time. Some of the hatchlings would make it through the season and come back but I sprayed them again and again. I think I finally got most of them. Then I just vacumed them up. Good luck. I don't think they bite though.