Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrsandman View Post
I do not have a class A, but I wonder why, with all the technology and the price of the RVs, can't a simple position sensor (switch) be installed on the seat track to allow slide movement ONLY if the seat is moved out of the way? I know its all about the bottom line but even a warning light at the slide switch would be nice.
Some Gulfstreams have the switch you're talking about. From some of the forum posts I'm betting there are more people that have a failed switch that prevents the slide from moving at all than there are people who have caused damage by not having a switch.

Luckily my control panel is within 15 feet of my drivers seat but I've still looked up and seen my seat being pushed over while bringing the slides in. Luckily no damage yet. I've also had the midship cabinet door open while driving and knowing about it until I heard the "crunch" as the slide came out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Cant tell you how many times I've put my drivers seat in a bind with the slide! Luckily never did any damage.

We are in the process of putting in new floor and furniture. No doubt Ill screw up that new seat!

clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #31

Oddly enough I found that my Gulfstream has the switch that prevents the slide from coming in unless the drivers seat is pushed all the way forward. I've hit my seat with the slide before so I assumed mine wasn't so equipped. This weekend when trying to run in my slides neither one would do anything. I checked under the driver's seat and sure enough there was a switch. I jumped the terminals and had no issues bringing the slides in.

I have learned a ton of info on this board. Without having read about the failure prone switch I would have been shaking my head and calling a mobile tech...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Brought in our full wall slide and caught a drawer handle, ripped it off. Repaired the damage and installed a new handle with rounded ends so if we forget again the slide will push it closed.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I haven't hit the driver seat too hard yet. I turn it sideways now before I move the slide.

But the DW stored several gallon sodas behind the slide once and when she put it out... Well you can figure out wast 5 gallons of carbonated sugar under preasure will do when compressed.:fac epalm::ban ghead:

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #34

Wont ever happen to me no slides
Old 05-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #35
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Brought in our full wall slide and caught a drawer handle, ripped it off. Repaired the damage and installed a new handle with rounded ends so if we forget again the slide will push it closed.
Just did the same thing!

My wife put something in the drawer and pushed the holding clip shut and then pushed the drawer closed but not latched. We got home from camping, didn't realize the drawer opened, opened the slide and tore the knob off the drawer front.

Bought my Labeler now and have a bold white label beside the slide switch saying "MOVE SEAT"
Old 05-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great minds think alike!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We travel with seven cats, one of whom likes to jump up on top of the galley slide. So we always check to see where he is before deploying the slide. One time I looked and saw him on the floor so no problem. Slide was almost all the way out when we heard a yowl!! Turns out one of the other Japanese Bobtails (the big one) was on top of the slide. Luckily he got to a different area so he was alright but scared!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #38

Right behind my driver's seat is a vertical upholstered end cap that looks just like what is on the frame rails of a water bed, but twice as wide. I've knocked it loose and actually off a couple of times. I thought about bolting it down, but after reading this thread, it can fall down. It is padded and can't hurt anything. Might freak out the dog, though. Maybe some industrial strength Velcro. The ripping sound of it separating might alert me that something is wrong.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #39
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
Man, what a GREAT idea! How did you deal with the single knob to dual holes though?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #40
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Just did the same thing!

My wife put something in the drawer and pushed the holding clip shut and then pushed the drawer closed but not latched. We got home from camping, didn't realize the drawer opened, opened the slide and tore the knob off the drawer front.

Bought my Labeler now and have a bold white label beside the slide switch saying "MOVE SEAT"
Ripped the knob off the drawer again.
Now I have to put another label beside move the seat. It will be "check the drawers"!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #41

You won't. I put a hanging sign above my door so I would put my whip down before driving my rail in. I still tried to load the rail with the whip up several times.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #42

First time.......I forgot to lower the the batwing antenna, after seeing other people do this exact thing, and saying to myself......self!.... don't to forget to put the antenna away before we leave, will s*%# happens.
I guess those reminders you hang from the crank are not such bad ideas.