Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Camper 86 View Post
Just wanting to get some opinions of others! Was doing laundry the other night. There are three washers and four dryers where we are parked. We filled two washers, left and returned after our half hour wash time was up. When we returned someone had already moved one of our loads into the dryer. Now I do not like anyone touching my clothes...especially just washed. Now I personally would never do that to someone, especially knowing it had just stopped. What are your takes on it? Am I wrong for being upset? Its not like I left and didn't come back or was way past after it had stopped. I am considering making a sign for when I am doing laundry stating not to touch.
Any thoughts would be great.....thank you!
NY Camper 86
When using any public laundry facilitates if you put clothes in either a washer or a dryer and LEAVE, (aka: don't "babysit" your clothes), you "pays your money and takes your chances".
BTW, when I read your post to my wife, (who does the wash), she said what sounded a lot like "ship happens".
Mel
'96 Safari

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Get a washer & dryer in your coach. Problem solved!!

Russell
Get a Washer & Dryer or stay with your clothes..... It's not hard to understand.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
I think the person washing/drying is obligated to be present when the washer/dryer stops. If not, and someone is waiting, expect that someone to either place items in a cart or another machine. The person waiting doesn't know or care if you have "a mess to clean up".
X-2 if it's finish you better be there.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I am with the majority. While you were going to be back shortly to move your clothes you are the only one who is aware of it.

If I am not back I would expect my clothes to be moved. Would I like it NO, but I would stay with the washer or ensure I was back well before the machine was done. No excuses.

For that reason we have the washer/dryer in our MH.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a book to read and stay with your clothes
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #20

Took the washer and dryer out of our MH. see sig. Needed storage.
Going on 4 years on the road full time. Never had a issue ,either way.
Clothes being moved or dog hair.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How often do you need to wash clothes? We do it every 2-3 weeks and spend a total of 1.5 hours there. Nothing that important that you have to leave. Stay with c!others.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
In the context of a campground laundry, based on what I understand of your scenario, I wouldn't hesitate to move somebody's clothes ... thinking that I was just helping them out. It's likely somebody whom I've already run into in the CG and exchanged "Hellos" with.

In the context of a city laundromat, I WOULD NOT attempt to move somebody else's clothes from washer to dryer. I may not be happy to have to wait for a machine to empty, but would consider waiting preferable to angering somebody with whom I did not have any common connection or knowledge of their demeanor.

JM2C, \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #23

Nothing worse than someone who doesn't tend to their wash. You gotta get back to the washer BEFORE it stops, not after. It's only common courtesy.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's why we carry our washer/dryer with us.

Put yourself in the other person's shoes - you lug your load of laundry into the laundry room and see all the washers filled, but 2 of them have finished, and nobody is around. Has the owner of those washed clothes just stepped out to the restroom, or did they leave 20 minutes ago? Will they be back in 30 seconds or 30 minutes? You have no way of knowing, so you either sit around waiting for who knows how long, or you move their clothes out so you can use the machine.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
I WOULD NOT attempt to move somebody else's clothes from washer to dryer. I may not be happy to have to wait for a machine to empty, but would consider waiting preferable to angering somebody with whom I did not have any common connection or knowledge of their demeanor.
JM2C, \ken
That is equally true of campground laundry areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Nothing worse than someone who doesn't tend to their wash. You gotta get back to the washer BEFORE it stops, not after. It's only common courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
Put yourself in the other person's shoes - you lug your load of laundry into the laundry room and see all the washers filled, but 2 of them have finished, and nobody is around. Has the owner of those washed clothes just stepped out to the restroom, or did they leave 20 minutes ago? Will they be back in 30 seconds or 30 minutes? You have no way of knowing, so you either sit around waiting for who knows how long, or you move their clothes out so you can use the machine.
Agreed!
Anyone with common sense knows that it's inconsiderate and rude to leave clothes unattended.
Anyone that does deserves to have their clothes touched, or moved, or dumped on the floor, (depending upon the mood of the person waiting to use the machine).
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
OGreat dog Hair
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #27

Thank you for your thoughts.
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #28

I leave my laundry basket so they can put them in it if I am late getting back. Why is anyone TOUCHING your clothes so bad that you rewash. The dryer would kill any germs.