Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
Lazy days?

I'm considering going to Florida to look at a 2001 beaver patriot motorhome that is listed for sale with lazydays.

I just read some really bad reviews about them and I'm Leary of dealing with them. Can anyone tell me their thoughts and experiences with lazydays?

Thanx kat

hummingbird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have been dealing with LD Tampa for 18 months now in our quest for our new mh which we take delivery of today. So far, and I don't want to jinx myself the experience has been nothing but positive.

Roy and Bonnie
2015 Anthem DEQ
2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
Expensive . . . I was looking at a truck camper. Started out at a 12 k difference with my trade. By the time I was done we were at a 1k difference. I still went elsewhere and got a better deal.
Steve and Joy
2013 Winnebago Journey
Where We Are Now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
I like Terry Cramer! JMO I used him a friend used him and my brother used him. Just remember he is a salesman!
05 Meridian, 39K, 350 CAT. '13 F-150 4X4, Blue Ox Aventa LX, Roadmaster 9160.
dc8cappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
Coastal Campers
Hummingbird2, I think you'll find it to be an interesting experience. You'll spend the first part of your golf cart tour looking at all the amazing service facilities. Then it's on to the special campsite area where you can stage your new purchase for a day or two. You'll see the pavilion where you can get a free breakfast while staying there, and there is the high end club reserved for those who wish to squander on lavish high end new or near new motorhomes. Next you'll finally be taken to motorhomes you might be interested in looking at, including the one you drove all the way to Tampa to see. Next stop, the sales office where you'll chat about your prospective purchase. Your first visitor on cue will be the general manager/closer. From there, the rest of the day is up to you.
Thor Four Winds 22e
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #6
American Coach Owners Club
They are a huge dealership and generate a lot of different opinions. My dealings with them were very positive. They did exactly what they said they would do and even fixed some things before delivery I didn't know about. After delivery I had a couple questions and called the Tampa service department and my questions were answered. I found that everyone I came in contact with, including my salesman Mike Miller, were very professional and knowledgeable about the product. If I were to buy another motorhome, I would give them a chance to make the sale.
14 AC Eagle DD-13
12 JKU Rubicon
exgman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
We went to Lazy Days to look at a motor home. We drove it and ask the price. The salesman ask us how much we wanted to pay and what did we have to trade in. He never would give us a price on the MH. We left and came back home and they called us a couple of days later talking price. By that time we were upset enough we weren't interested. But we know a lot of people who have bough there and were very happy. It might just have been our salesman. Lots to see there. Good Luck
Jim and Shirley McGehee
2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
2013 Honda Fit Toad, 2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lazy days only only hires the best HIGH pressure sales staff money can buy. They can make you feel like you just kicked your Mother down the steps if you don't buy from them. We walked out after they tried to block our exit from the salesman's cubicle.
"96" HR Navigator, 38' no slides, Cummins, Allison
next stop
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lazy days?

My mom looked there on several occasions before finally making a decision on what she wanted. Never felt pressured at all. With a high volume dealer like Lazy Days you are going to hear both good and bad. If you don't feel comfortable with the salesperson, ask for another. They have tons.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian and Tammy
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #10
Lazy Day is nodifferent than any of the larger dealers. Somtimes there lower and some times there not. We have purchased two MH from them because they gave us the best price. Would I buy from them again with out shopping around; no. They gave us great service at a good price; that doesn't mean that onother big dealer might do better on any particular day.
I would highly recommend thay you at least give that a chance, but shop around.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
We have purchased 3 motor homes from Lazy Days, and all the purchases have been first class....we'd here never under any pressure to purchase.....the price may be a little higher, but the after sale service what makes the difference. The coach we own now may or may not be our last, if we do buy another coach, we wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
They may have done away with the free breakfast, and the specialty coffee lounge, but what counts is the service and how you are treated as a customer.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lazy days only only hires the best HIGH pressure sales staff money can buy.
Funny - I would have said just the opposite. No pressure at all. But there are a lot of sales people there and I'm sure some have a different style.

We've bought two coaches there. One experience was OK but we ran into snags at delivery time (it was a custom order of a new coach). Some of the problems were the RV manufacturers fault and LD had to really scramble to fix them. Second time went splendidly all the way.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
Fleetwood Owners Club
I've purchased two used m/homes from Lazydays...both experiences were excellent...they put you through the usual sales routines..but all positive...if there was any one complaint, it would be with the maintenance dept...just not enough mechanics ( probably have at least 40 or 50 ) lol...to handle the work load...People come from all over the country to purchase and to maintain their m/homes there...I would recommend JoAnne Heppe...her husband also works in sales...she stays with you from beginning to end for sure...and even follow ups forever...really makes you feel like your the only person there purchasing a unit...Go for it...I wouldn't buy anywhere else..
kchadw1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Newmar Owners Club
Lazy days

Went to look at a specific coach they said they had, they did not Have it, never had it. The sales person would waste our time looking at whatever.
We finally made an offer after 2 days on a new Tiffin Bus, they came back at 7pm with a price, contract so far apart we were not Evan in the same time zone.
We left the next morning, never to return.

Bill, Tricia, Maddie (boss dog)
2011 Dutch Star 4344-2014 CRV Honda. 32 Ford Roadster
South Texas Renegades
trb is offline   Reply With Quote