Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Lazy Days "lost" MSO

Lazy days says they lost my (and at least one other's) Manufacture's Statement of Origin and it will take 3 or 4 weeks to get duplicates from Entegra. So, we have a fairly expensive coach that we can not use because the temporary plates are about to expire. What would you do?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Lazy days says they lost my (and at least one other's) Manufacture's Statement of Origin and it will take 3 or 4 weeks to get duplicates from Entegra. So, we have a fairly expensive coach that we can not use because the temporary plates are about to expire. What would you do?
Are Lazy Days saying it will take 4 weeks? I would bypass them and call Entegra directly. No reason at all why they couldn't fax you another one on the spot.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #3

Call them and have them send you another set of temporaries to use in the meantime. No problem.
Similar thing happened to me after buying my coach. The county tax office lost the title to my (and 6 other) motorhomes, and I went through 3 sets of temporary tags before I finally got my plates.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Are Lazy Days saying it will take 4 weeks? I would bypass them and call Entegra directly. No reason at all why they couldn't fax you another one on the spot.
I will try that on Monday. MSO has to go directly to the county motor vehicle department as I had to borrow some to buy the coach.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup get the dealer to issue another temp. They have them and the county get all quirky about issuing a second one.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On the practical side, drive it, who cares. When's the last time you saw a MH pulled over for an expired tag? I've got a cousin who drives in 4 states every week with a 3 year old tag on his car. He has the new one in the car, just in case, but he leaving the old one on the car just to see how long it will take for somebody to notice it. Over 3 years so far. Of course the proper thing to do is take the advise of the above and get the correct paperwork.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Dealer lost my paperwork, had him send another temp tag to keep me moving until he reproduced the needed paperwork.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
The MSO has to be an original document so they can't just "fax" it to you.
Here in WA state the MSO must come directly from the dealer, the purchaser isn't allowed to have it. Causes confusion with out of state dealers.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
On the practical side, drive it, who cares. When's the last time you saw a MH pulled over for an expired tag? I've got a cousin who drives in 4 states every week with a 3 year old tag on his car. He has the new one in the car, just in case, but he leaving the old one on the car just to see how long it will take for somebody to notice it. Over 3 years so far. Of course the proper thing to do is take the advise of the above and get the correct paperwork.
See that all the time here in WA. The problem here is that the state patrol can't stop and ticket you for an expired out of state license. They can for an expired WA one though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Why not? An expired plate is not a valid plate, so why can't they stop you?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
Call them and have them send you another set of temporaries to use in the meantime. No problem.
While you probably stand a better chance of being struck by lightning compared to getting "pulled", this is illegal in DC (I believe in surrounding MD and/or VA also, but not sure). The one-time issuance is written right on the paperwork. This allegedly stops the "undesirables" from money laundering and avoiding having to report large income on taxes because the unethical dealers would self finance the big Benzes and Beamers through monthly temps tags... come in, make a "direct" payment, and get your next month's tags.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #12

We had the same type of issue, expect FEDEX lost our paper work. The DMV here extended our temp for another 60 days.
Since then the 'old' paper work was fouind and we are good to go again.
Check with your local DMV office and see if they can help.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote