Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lazydays Completes Deal to Acquire Beaudry RV

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/New...re-Beaudry-RV/

NEWS— BY MOTORHOME MAGAZINE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2011 AT 4:30 PM RATINGS: COMMENTS: 0
EMAIL
PRINT
Welcome to our new site! Be sure to register on our site to access all our how-to tech tips, destination articles, and RV lifestyle pieces. It's free and only takes a few minutes.
The world's largest single-site RV dealer, Lazydays, is now entering the Arizona market. With headquarters in Tampa, Florida, Lazydays completed the sales transaction today (April 29) on the dealership formerly owned and occupied by Beaudry RV in Tucson.

Having closed on the property, they will now begin obtaining the necessary business permits and do a thorough review and inspection of the property in the process of creating the Lazydays customer experience in Tucson.

"This is an exciting day for Lazydays," said John Horton, president and CEO. "We've worked very hard to build a reputation and a culture geared toward an unparalleled customer experience, and we're very enthusiastic about bringing that experience to RVers in a new market."

Lazydays considers the entire RV ownership process to be part of the customer relationship and focuses on product knowledge and expert service to endear RVers, many of whom return repeatedly over the years to purchase multiple times. Within a few months, Lazydays will create a similar customer experience at its new Tucson location.

Lazydays is also an active participant in local charities and organizations dedicated to civic improvement and charitable fund-raising and was voted No. 2 among the top 20 places to work in Tampa Bay.

Current plans are to open the campground and service facilities mid-summer and to be ready to sell RVs a short while later.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anyone ever deal with LazyDays? (ok, dumb question, of course at least a few here have) I was just wondering. When I bought our latest motorhome, I did talk with them, but we could not arrive on a price. I'm not saying they were bad to deal with, it was just more a matter of the numbers both sides needed never matched up. No harm no foul in my opinion. I ended up striking a deal with a dealer no one has ever heard of a few miles down the road in Ocala.

Again, I'm not saying I had a bad experience, they were very friendly and there was no pressure at all. If it ever comes time to trade again, I would still shop there. That's why I'm trying to get an idea of how the fine folks here who have dealt with them feel about the way they were treated.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Could not have been treated better last year on the purchase of a 2005 Journey. They fixed everything we identified as being no right, no matter how small or large.

Would certainly buy there again.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy to hear that they are opening up that nice facility.

I wish the luck and fortune.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
Could not have been treated better last year on the purchase of a 2005 Journey. They fixed everything we identified as being no right, no matter how small or large.

Would certainly buy there again.
When we bought ours (brand new) they didn't fix anything, no matter how small or large.

If they were the last RV dealer on earth we would stop RVing.

In our opinion they are to large to be able to care for their individual customers. They just need to sell and after that to get rid off you asap. Somehow we can't see how it would improve their customer service level by adding to their size.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #6

Heartland RV Club
We just picked up our 2011 Journey last week , this is our second MH from Lazy days .The whole process was great. Would do it again. I am making a list of issues for the end of the month for a visit.
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We traded and bought one Coachman A from them. No problems, minor things fixed. Enjoyed the whole experiance with the dinning and all the coaches to look at. We live in Ocala about 1-1/2 hrs. and go for lunch and check things out. Crazy industries, going to be good and bad experiences anywere.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #8

Our experience, although 5 years ago, was great. we bought new and it took some time to get to a mutually agreeable price. But once that part was out of the way, they did everything they could to fix all the big & little things that we listed. We got the same reception and results when we visited a year later to fix things before the warranty ran out. Just be prepared .....it takes time to get scheduled into the various shops to fix items even on a new coach. Once we understood how it worked, we just sat back and relaxed. Our stay in their "changeover area" was free until they finished. If we purchase another coach, we will go to Lazy Days first.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The Lazydays Tucson location will get up and running soon. Service and the campground are expected to be operational by mid-summer, and RV Sales by end of summer. It takes about 3 months to get vehicle dealer licensing in place in Arizona, plus they have to make franchise agreements with RV manufacturers they will represent.

Bob Grady, former Director of Parts & Service in the Florida store, will be the General Manager at Tucson. I've known Bob for about 4 years now and believe him to be an honest and savvy business man who means to do well for his customers as well as his employer.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Bought a used 2004 HR Ambassador with 2600 miles in March 2010. After driving it home (1700 miles) we then found out about the faulty trailing arms. The worlds largest rv dealer told us the had never heard about that problem, haha. Got stuck fixing the $2600 problem ourselves. Lazy days name mathces their lazy reputation. Beware of their promises!!
bertycb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

The trailing arm problem still isn't widely known, bertycb. It's only on the R4R chassis and only on a percentage of those. Most Rvers - and many dealers - will never encounter it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #12

Live just a couple of miles from the Tucson location, saw that a new Lazydaze banner was placed over the Beaudry RV sign recently. Had never heard of them, just thought some local group bought it out. Hopefully a big chain like that will have better service prices than some of the local companies that seem a little high to me. It is in the same parking lot as a Camping World store, will check it out when they get open. When Beaudry was open, Camping World didn't sell RVs from that lot, when Beaudry closed then CW started selling RVs, wonder if they will stop when Lazydaze opens?
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Live just a couple of miles from the Tucson location, saw that a new Lazydaze banner was placed over the Beaudry RV sign recently. Had never heard of them, just thought some local group bought it out. Hopefully a big chain like that will have better service prices than some of the local companies that seem a little high to me. It is in the same parking lot as a Camping World store, will check it out when they get open. When Beaudry was open, Camping World didn't sell RVs from that lot, when Beaudry closed then CW started selling RVs, wonder if they will stop when Lazydaze opens?
not to change the subject but i see you are 9th infantry me too
i ran the mars station apr 68-nov 68
thanks for your service
brianj
Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #14

Brian,
Glad you made it back, too. Was there in '68-'69, started as Crew Chief on 105mm howitzer, but spent most of my time on FO team with 6/31st Infantry, in the paddies.
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote