Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
tpj

Spartan Chassis
Lazydays RV Center in Tampa

We are about to go to Lazydays in Tampa, FL and look at a Class A Rv.
What has been your experience with Sale Staff and Service Dept.
Thanks up front.
Theresa, Prissy and Joe
Joe
tpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I bought two MH 's there and was very satisfied both times and follow up service visits. Some expect too much from a dealer . If the mfg produces an RV that is in need of a visit back to the factory to repair properly all bets are off.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj View Post
Thanks up front.
Theresa, Prissy and Joe
Joe
I bought two Class a DP's from them and I have been satisfied. Allow yourself plenty of time because there is an awful lot to look at there and they don't rush you.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj View Post
Thanks up front.
Theresa, Prissy and Joe
Joe

Great place to look at a lot of coaches. You can wander the lot at will without a salesman. We bought our full timing coach from them 8 years ago and had a good experience.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #5

Do your research BEFORE you buy!! Don't fall for "what would it take to get you to buy today". Don't pay full MSRP!! Florida is full of dealers SHOP AROUND!! Go to a couple of campgrounds and talk to MH owners about their coaches. Ask them what they like/dislike about their coach. Ask them if they could re-buy their coach, would they? Ask them what dealership they bought from and would they re-buy from that dealership
Take your time! Be sure of your purchase before you sign.
Good Luck!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #6

I've read a number of places online that say Florida RV dealers and Lazy Days in particular are known for relative high prices on their motorhome, fifth wheel and travel trailer inventories. Lazy Days does have a great supply of RV's however.

I'm trying to buy a fifth wheel from a local dealer, however one phone call to another dealership 175 miles away saves $3-4K. When I get ready to write a check, I'll be doing a counteroffer to the local dealer.

The internet is a great tool to save RV'ers and get an education on what's available. It's also easy to spot the dealers on any given brand and model of what you're looking for.

Sometimes it's easy to let your fingers do the walking--on a computer terminal--to save yourself some money.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I am from the other side of the fence. Sales are great, service after the sale not so much. I don't appreciate being conned and they did a good job of trying to con me. They did everything they could, not once but twice 30 days apart, to pass a MH off on me that needed to go back to the factory....I would not go back, I would never trust them again. That was my experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Would you give a little more detail on your statement; "They did everything they could, not once but twice 30 days apart, to pass a MH off on me that needed to go back to the factory...."
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
I'm trying to buy a fifth wheel from a local dealer, however one phone call to another dealership 175 miles away saves $3-4K. When I get ready to write a check, I'll be doing a counteroffer to the local dealer.

My neighbor bought a RV from a dealer 180 miles away to save a few thousand, and now regrets it. Every time he needs service on it he drives by 2 local dealers on his 6 hour round trip wiping out his savings.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit View Post
Would you give a little more detail on your statement; "They did everything they could, not once but twice 30 days apart, to pass a MH off on me that needed to go back to the factory...."
This was the first time LD called me to tell me my new coach was ready. This is how they tried to deliver a brand new ordered MH.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/i-ow...os-194693.html

Here was the second attempt. Lots of reading.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/day-...ow-197651.html

I will say that Entegra did EVERYTHING they said the would and the coach is now beautiful and safe to drive. LD twice tried to send me down the road with an air system that had split wide open from sever freeze damage and would not hold air for an hour. There was along list of items to be corrected and LD did only what they thought I would see when I came to pick up the MH the second time. Entegra flew a rep down to Tampa and authorized the work, LD took Entegra's money but did not preform all of the work, but called me again to tell me my coach was ready. Others have been very happy with LD, I am not and won't risk my money there again.

LD will sell you on the fact they have 102 service bays. What they don't tell you is how full they are with how many people waiting and how long it will take to get service for you. There has to be a lot of people happy with LD or the service bays wouldn't be overflowing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The bid we got from Lazydays, when we were shopping 4 years ago, was very competitive with the three others we got. We did not buy there simply as it would have represented an extra 2 days of travel down and back. We ended up buying from Tom Johnson's in NC.

We've had some minor body work done at Lazydays on our current coach and they replaced one of the A/C units for us. I have no complaints.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #12

Three coaches later from lazy days, and I would still be a customer.....beats campers world and a lot others for service and repairs.
After the new owners, lazy days has gotten smaller, but I feel the the techs are some of the best.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #13

I agree on the best techs. We are at Lazy Days now waiting to do a walk thru on our new to us. 04 country coach allure. They found a leak in the oil pan and we are waiting for the gasket to be replaced. We're happy!
swedegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
tpj

Spartan Chassis
Again, Thanks for all your responses. We live in N.C. and are going down to look at what they have. Pretty slim pickings around here for the models we are looking at. Can't hurt, only a little gas spent to see what they in person.
Thanks again.
tpj is offline   Reply With Quote