Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

Lazydays Tampa

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good salesperson to deal with? TIA

Smmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
From my experience....Far Away would be the best.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #3

see bro's comment.

i tried twice...
first time someone put my name on a "everybody call this guy. and when you get him, make up stuff." list...

second time... i asked for window sticker and their best price... multiple phone and emails asking for the same two things. finally salesman sent a ??? list that was not a window sticker but had all the options - including a made up option... pac east no2... for 1050... i didn't know what this was... finally called tiffin.. a very nice lady there said .. there is no such option...
i really wanted to buy this coach... but a HUGE trust problem... finally salesman sent a lazy days window sticker.. (not the one tiffin puts out) and the LD sticker included the pac east no2 for 1050...
i'm through with them...

good luck... maybe you'll have better luck than me, but if you proceed with LD or anyone ask for the tiffin window sticker right up front... all options on that list should be something that really exists... not a made up option that is just there to pad their profit.

check internet for their PDI and walkthrough process... also... i never got that far, but i've read several comments.
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
One of the worst experiences trying to deal with a salesperson long distance via the phone and email. After all the BS ended up with Sherman RV in Sherman Ms to purchase my new Tiffin. THis was an easy transaction, no hidden costs and at a price that was 22K less than LD "best" price.
momdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #5

Find another dealer. I know that La Mesa, for example, posts the window sticker from the manufacturer on the web page of the vehicle you're looking at. They have 4 locations in Florida.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 AM   #6

But it looks so cool on the TV show ....
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
But it looks so cool on the TV show ....

It is cool if you're just visiting and want to look at tons of RVs at your leisure. Lots of people coming in and leaving at all times, so kind of an exciting place from that standpoint. Never had a salesman experience, though.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Sharon Harmon. Honest & diligent.

That said, sales people get paid to sell, not to be your pal. You still need to do your "due diligence".
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
George Hamaker is a great sales person. Knows his product. Over 20 years on job. Will not over sell you. Have bought 3 rvs from him. Each one was exactly what we asked for. They beat all prices for similar Rv tell him Russ and Myra recommended him
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #10

Itís a publicly traded company now so they work for their shareholders now, not so much customer satisfaction.
kpecks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #11

Bought a fifth wheel there during the 2017 Tampa RV Supershow. Seemed like a good deal. Delivery was an absolute nightmare. Kingpin was removed and replaced with an inferior one, then when caught they put back on the same type! But with a 5,000 lighter capacity. Did not apply exterior coating. Ended up making two trips there to get picked up. Still problems. Would not consider ever buying there again. Might look, but buy elsewhere. We traded in that fifth wheel for a Tiffin Allegro RED that we bought from Marlin Ingram in Montgomery, AL. Their asking price for our unit was $30,000 less than Lazydays "Supershow" price.
jac238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #12

Go on their website, take 35% off of their "Internet price" and buyer beware. The price may be good, but there is little after the sale service without a long wait list.
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #13

We bought our 2014 Winnebago Sightseer from Lazydays. Got a good price and had a positive buying experience. Our excellent salesperson was Kurt Ardalan, who has been there for 20 years. Warranty service was also good during two visits for service during the first year. Personally, we would buy from them again.
Nortguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #14

We traded in a 6 month old class b for a short class A at the Tampa Lazy Days.
We knew the dimensions of what we wanted but not so sure on the rest. We went on several occasions and looked at various new and used units. Once we found The One we went to the front desk and asked for help. Our salesman ended up being Steve Mularz. He is an excellent salesman that goes the extra mile. We started our purchase the week before Christmas 2017. The whole sales team was very responsive and we finished the transaction on December 23. On December 24 the service department had a team out in their overnight lot taking care of our punch list. Over the next month we had a few items crop up and we were taken care of promptly.

Things I didnít like was the high cost of having any extras installed. Our cheap fans went out and I wanted to upgrade them and it ended up costing me almost 1k. That bothered me so much when I decided to install the SafeTSteer I did it myself.

All in all I would go back to them again as I was very happy with our sales experience and the service was good just too expensive.

jglass2000 is offline   Reply With Quote