Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Have a blast, hoping to do it sometime... Travel Safe,

6 degrees Above currently,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hey Steve,
Really appreciate your response.If you could I would like the details of the rally,not sure we can make it but,I sure will try.I hope you are having a safe trip.Good Luck and be Safe.

papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fl for the 2015 winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
Claybox,
Thanks for the info. We do plan to check out Willow Lakes....seems to be very popular. One of our goals while in Florida is to find a place we really like so that we can make reservations for the entire winter next year. We decided to come this year somewhat late and I could not find a park that had space available for three consecutive months hence we are moving each month. I don't mind though since it will give us a chance to look at more spots for next year. By the way I think I met you at the IRV2 rally in MB.
Steve
Hi Steve, yep I remember meeting you folks at MB. Let me know when your at TGO. Well have lunch and if you like show you Willow Lakes. It's definitely sold out this year but I know the office well and also several private owners that have space even now. We really love it here.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
A 10 year rule... I'm out

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
PawPa.1
The April rally is a Newmar Kountry Club rally with the Peach State Krackers chapter that we belong too. As I write this I don't have my notes so I cant tell you the park we will be at. We do accept SOB's (some other brand) and if you'd like I can PM you the details.
Happy New Year and safe travels to you as well.
Ha, SOB I like that. Made me recall the time my section chief had me complete some paperwork and get it back to him by COB. Well, his secretary wrote at top of document " deliver to General xxxxx NLT SOB (she was thinking Start of Business) About a hour after we began work the General walked in the room, the rest is history__.
Sorry for this off-topic post, couldn't resist sharing.

Anyway, a friend invited us to attend a NKK rally out West next summer or fall, can't remember date now.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Ha, SOB I like that. Made me recall the time my section chief had me complete some paperwork and get it back to him by COB. Well, his secretary wrote at top of document " deliver to General xxxxx NLT SOB (she was thinking Start of Business) About a hour after we began work the General walked in the room, the rest is history__.
Sorry for this off-topic post, couldn't resist sharing.

Anyway, a friend invited us to attend a NKK rally out West next summer or fall, can't remember date now.
Funny
bowpulpit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I grew up in Florida in the late 50s and 60s and was so happy to get out of that place but now I am at that age and have my first RV and now I am going to be a snowbird. I have sisters in Jacksonville,St Augustin, and Tampa. So I am heading to Tampa and staying away from Jax were I grew up.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:16 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We're leaving on Tuesday, headed for Tampa, then Miami and maybe Key West. Safe travels.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #23
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Just cam from FL. Ft. Wilderness in Orlando (Disney), then Miami Everglades RV park and then a week in Key West at Bluewater Key. Nice state to visit this time of year when it's so cold every where else!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are leaving for Florida tomorrow and are staying in State/Corps parks until mid March

Our reservations were made 11 months in advance for the most part except 6 mos for Corp parks at W P Franklin and Ortona.

We thought Collier Seminole was being re-habed and was closed for reservations except for the tent area but stumbled on reservable spaces so I guess ther ewas no work at the park.

We even got to go to Koreshan but not Myakka

See you all in the sunshine state
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #25

I'm not paranoid but I don't tell anyone about my trips until after I get back, except by email or phone. No need telling the thieves when it is OK to visit on a public forum. Years ago we left for a week and never locked the house and left the keys in the cars ignition too but don't even think about it now days.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT4Wextra View Post
I'm not paranoid but I don't tell anyone about my trips until after I get back, except by email or phone. No need telling the thieves when it is OK to visit on a public forum. Years ago we left for a week and never locked the house and left the keys in the cars ignition too but don't even think about it now days.

I agree and we do the same. In this case however our daughter and her policeman boyfriend are staying at the house. Having a patrol car in the driveway tends to keep thieves at bay.
bowpulpit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #27

Yeah, Bowpulpit, that will work. I see you live in Georgia so I'm sure you know about CC's. I live on a deadend cul-de-sac and a sheriff's deputy lives down the street. Everyone on the street keeps an eye out for suspicious activity so we haven't had any problems lately although the guy that lives behind me had his house cleaned out at Christmas time about 3 years ago. I let my next door neighbor know when we will be gone. He is disabled with a bad back he got in the Marines so he is home most of the time.

Tags
florida