Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Leave for Florida Tuesday

Been looking forward to this for a while now. We leave Tuesday for Venice for the month of January, followed by February in Sarasota and Crystal River then March in Titusville. Have a rally in Gulf Shores early April to end our wintering away from home. Have the MH in our driveway now and have checked all systems, fluids, tire pressures ect. Just have to finish loading clothing, few groceries and other odds and ends and away we go. Plan to look the state over for 2015 winters ideas while were there and make reservations before we leave for home. Also plan to attend the Tampa Super show too. Sunshine here we come

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi Steve,
Sounds like you have some really good plans.If you don't mind me asking what is the rally you are planning on attending in April in Gulf Shores.We go down to Gulf State Park a lot and that may be something we will want to do.Thanks in advance.Safe Travels and Happy New Year.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #3

We will keep the light on for you. Safe travels. We are in Leesburg, FL for a few months.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
bowpulpit
we just left Rockcrusher Canyon @ Crystal River. Its a nice park.Be sure to make the trip out to Pecks Old Port Restaurant at Ozella. Its good seafood!
We are headed to Punta Gorda for Jan then Titusville in Feb @TGO and then back to Rockcrusher for March.
Sounds like we might be passing each other on the road somewhere. We are also looking things over for a winter home base.This is our third winter down here and we have not found that "perfect" place yet.
Good luck with your search and safe travels.
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bowpulpit,
Hope, when at the Tampa show you will have time to attend these social activities:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f119/irv2...ow-228836.html
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f119/sea-...ow-228832.html
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

Steve,
Sounds like a good trip. I'm leaving for Fl on Tuesday also, but not staying as long. We are new at RV'ing and I'm also looking for the right place to winter. We are starting in Sarasota (Cortez), going to cape canaveral and finishing up in St Augustine. I'd like to hear if you find the right place! I haven't convinced the better half to spend all winter in Fl but I hope that this trip will do it. Safe travels.
mwgettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
Been looking forward to this for a while now. We leave Tuesday for Venice for the month of January, followed by February in Sarasota and Crystal River then March in Titusville. Have a rally in Gulf Shores early April to end our wintering away from home. Have the MH in our driveway now and have checked all systems, fluids, tire pressures ect. Just have to finish loading clothing, few groceries and other odds and ends and away we go. Plan to look the state over for 2015 winters ideas while were there and make reservations before we leave for home. Also plan to attend the Tampa Super show too. Sunshine here we come
That just sounds like a blast.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Dakrism,
Thanks for the restaurant tip.....we will definitely go there as the DW and I like seafood. I started making my reservations late this year and tried to get into Rock Crusher but they were full so we are staying at Crystal Isle Resort. And yes we will be crossing paths as we are at TGO for the month of March.
Safe Travels

Old 12-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
GaryKD,
We took our MotorHome to this show in 2012 and stayed with the Newmar group but was unable to attend last year. Since we will be parked in Venice we will drive the toad to the show for the day. Already have our discount coupon printed. We will try to plan our day so we can attend the activities. Thanks for the info and hope to meet you there.
Steve

Old 12-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
PawPa.1
The April rally is a Newmar Kountry Club rally with the Peach State Krackers chapter that we belong too. As I write this I don't have my notes so I cant tell you the park we will be at. We do accept SOB's (some other brand) and if you'd like I can PM you the details.
Happy New Year and safe travels to you as well.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #11

Now that is a cool itinerary. Have fun and be safe.
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
When you guys travel to Titusville, check out Willow Lakes, Titusville. We checked TGO and settled at Willow Lakes IMO, less busy, nicer folks, better all around. Just check it out you'll be sorry if you don't.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:49 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Claybox,
Thanks for the info. We do plan to check out Willow Lakes....seems to be very popular. One of our goals while in Florida is to find a place we really like so that we can make reservations for the entire winter next year. We decided to come this year somewhat late and I could not find a park that had space available for three consecutive months hence we are moving each month. I don't mind though since it will give us a chance to look at more spots for next year. By the way I think I met you at the IRV2 rally in MB.
Steve

Old 12-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #14

Good luck with your search.. FL is pretty full up now.. As are all the dealer service bays... Be persistent in looking for a spot.. Ppl come and go constant, but a long term space in a nice park will require a Hail Mary pass this time of year.. After all,it's our full on season. Probably even see a bunch of Cruise America rigs ...Time O da Year

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B

Tags
florida