Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Leaving a RV unattended for a few days at Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone.

I plan to leave my 2015 RV hooked up in a site at Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone for 4 days as my family will be on a pack trip next summer. Does anyone know if it is reasonably safe to do that? I donít know the campground.

Thanks for any insight.

Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Stayed at Fishing Bridge campground last summer, & I think you should be fine. I would not advertise the fact that you will be gone for 4 days, however since most people are out checking out Yellowstone, you should be fine

Cspringsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
I can't see it being any problem. Good idea to alert the campground staff so they can keep an extra-sharp watch out for you.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Maybe put a light or tv on a timer so it seems someone is home.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
We've done this (though not at YNP). We usually pull in the slides, lock-up, and leave a light on inside. Not had any problems. I would think YNP would be a pretty safe place. \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We've done it at other CG's while visiting friends in an area. Notify the park ranger so they can keep an eye on your RV, draw all blinds, put a light on a timer, have a TV on, turn off your water heater & even though you're hooked up, turn off your propane at the tank & shut off the water at the shore spigot.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #7
Wow, great replies, thank you so much.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
Fishing Bridge would be very safe. No special precautions to take other than turning off the water. Bringing in the slides, t.v. on, etc. is just an announcement that you're not there. Just leave it as normal. Folks staying there are out all day seeing the huge park so many others will be gone, too. The sites are close together and rangers patrol the campground so I really think you have nothing to worry about.

I might suggest that you read the campground rules though. Sometimes a RV cannot be left unattended. Have a great trip!

Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote