Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #1

Leaving RV in RV Park

Just purchasing Tiffin Breeze class A this spring and we won't be able to snowbird next winter due to business. We live in Buffalo. I was wondering if other owners would feel comfortable parking their motor home in a FL RV park from Nov - Mar and basically flying back and forth to visit and use as able to? I would guess we would be away from the RV for 2-4 weeks at a time but able to visit 1-2 weeks or so at a time through the winter. Thinking somewhere West coast of FL perhaps north of Tampa.

Other suggestions welcome also.

Otherwise we would winterize and not use till spring.

Thanks for input from experienced RVers!

2015 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
tjkwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 07:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If it is the right park I would have no qualms and I think it is a great way to take care of business without giving up the use of the RV altogether. Depending on the nature of your business, perhaps some of it can be done from a distance while you enjoy the Florida sun.

I suggest you look into Sun-n-Fun RV Park in Sarasota which I think is very well suited to your situation.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #3

If it's O.K. with the park (make sure to check first) and if you have the funds to fly back and forth, then by all means enjoy some winter warmth by doing this. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have similar scenario. A permanent space at a Thousand Trails CG, for a yearly fee. A TT sits on it year round. The CG Is secure and with limited access. Works well for us.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:00 AM   #5

I am in Myrtle Beach, SC... currently..

a local Private campground.. has a storage lot for just that.. and have maybe 600 coaches/trailers in storage... across the street from campground, and its fenced and locked.

So It is available.. you call when you are about to arrive.. they move it to a SITE.. when you leave, they return it to storage..
Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You might want to think about keeping it far enough south to not worry about freezing conditions. This weekend it was really cold up north of Tampa, some places certainly hit freezing temps for a couple of hours.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #7

Freezing temps doesn't matter if for a few hours.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #8

You should consider storing your RV outside Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers or Tampa. Southwest Airlines has semi-budget airfares with nonstop flights from Buffalo to those cities in winter.
Many seasonal campgrounds are south of Lakeland (around Sebring) and Ft. Myers/Naples area.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
In response to Bokobird, I would think if you did not leave any water in the tanks or lines. Possibly blow the lines before you leave it. I can't imagine anyplace in Florida that would be cold enough to cause a problem. Although it has been rather chilly here in Naples for the past couple of weeks.

TOM
2003Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003Mountain View Post
In response to Bokobird, I would think if you did not leave any water in the tanks or lines. Possibly blow the lines before you leave it. I can't imagine anyplace in Florida that would be cold enough to cause a problem. Although it has been rather chilly here in Naples for the past couple of weeks.

TOM
That sounds like a lot of work

I don't know what the threshold is in terms of how long it needs to be below 32 before things freeze and cause problems. Just stated a concern I had when choosing where to park my RV each winter.

Like the OP, I do the same thing, bring my RV to FL in November and leave it there till May, visiting it as often as I can. My choice was to be far enough south that I'd have no worry about freezing. Just south of Tampa does that for me.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #11

From our experience it could freeze every night and as long as it warms up during the day there is absolutely no problem. You don't have to drain anything. We've been in weather like that with no issues.