Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
I was worried about using too much paint over the lights, but it turned out to not be an issue. The paint goes on pretty thin, so I had to do a couple of layers to get the right amount of dimming. If it's too much, you can scrape it off with a fingernail and start over

Thanks MonkeyClaw. Did you use red or black paint?

2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #16
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
A small piece of black electrical tape will do the job! It can be taken off during the day if you need them brighter!
That's what I did on the Carbon Monoxide detector, which was mounted in the bedroom.

billandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
I found some peel and stick plastic darkening film on Amazon (I thi it was call Dim Light) that is made specifically for that issue. It is a "static kling" material so does not leave a residue. It really works for us, and remote signals still work
Bob and Monica, towing our Honda CRV behind a 2011 Essex with Gabby the Maltese and just beginning our retirement adventures!
Monfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #18
American Coach Owners Club
I will trump your LED's with a dash radio that constantly blinks the entire display every 5 seconds and also changes colors! During the day it is no big deal but at dusk or night it is incredibly distracting. After reading the entire 30 page manual, which does not mention the blinking colored display, it became time for the electrical tape. On the list of projects is to change that #$#@ radio!
1998 American Eagle
gacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
Thanks MonkeyClaw. Did you use red or black paint?

I used a black paint pen to match the plastic that the TV's and everything was made out of. I've never tried another color.
Tim, Tara and Canyon - 'TnT' (& C now...)
2015 Thor Outlaw 37LS w/FJ Cruiser Toad
Columbia 400, 1967 Corvette, KTM 350 EXC-f, TTR 125 LE, XR50 for toys
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #20
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nail polish. Comes in small bottles, many different colors, and a built in brush.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #21
Black Sharpie...you can also use the sharpie to 'paint' the heads of bolts that are brighter than the rest of the install, whatever it is. I used one to cover the bolt heads of my new TV hanger.

2002 Holiday Rambler 30RKD
2000 F250 diesel extended cab short bed
2014 Demco Autoslide 18K
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, led