Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
LED lights on awning

I have a 2013 Zinger with awning lights but they gave out this year and only about 1/10th of them work on the 20 foot awning. They will be on warranty but instead of taking the unit in can I replace them myself without too much trouble?
Thanks in advance for any help

Dennis and Lorraine, old at camping only:
Denlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Sure, just look on internet sales like, ebay, amazon, etc for 12 volt LED light tape. Remove the old, clean and install new lights. If it does not work wired one way reverse polarity and you should be fine.

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:37 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure what type of lighting you have but I bought a 16.5 foot of Solar powered Xmas lights.
They are really brite and has a remote control for different patterns.
I also found this site, superbrightleds.com They have a ton of different lights,
Just a FYI,
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Like RV Wizard says look on eBay or Amazon.

LED light strips are available in 5 meter (16.4 ft) lengths with or without 12V power supply (required only if you want to plug into 120V, not required if hooking lights directly up to 12V). Light strips can be cut for shorter lengths or combined for longer lengths. The strips are also available as all cool white, all warm white, RGB color changing or a combination of warm white or cool white and color changing. Color changing and combinations usually come with a remote to set various color combinations and patterns.

Make sure you look for waterproof light strips either IP65 (water spray resistant) or IP67 (submersible up to 1 meter).
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #5
Try M4products.com. Steve there will give you excellent customer service and advice. I just re placed all of the lights in my 5er with LEDs. Prices are also very competitive.

Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #6
Why not abandon the 'junk' that an RV manufacturer supplies and just go to Home Depot or similar and purchase some clear or colored Christmas lights for 6-8 bucks and use them. Yes, you will need a few minutes to install and take them off, but they are inexpensive and a lot more robust then the Amazon taped on lights which, after buying a couple lengths for other uses, need more and better tape anyhow.

Dave W along with my DW, Susan and our poodlepups, Callie & Molly,2011 Ford F250 6.7 CCLB, 5er Hitch Option w/B&W Hitch,,Ride Rite air bags, 2014 Montana High Country 343RL (38')
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, led, light, lights