Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmaestas View Post
Wow. I don't know what to think. I purchased this truck in July 2016 with 47k miles. It has 57k on it now,no issues as of now besides advancetrac service flashed twice.

Are you the third owner? I ask as I would not expect a "Lemon Law" vehicle to have 47K miles on it when Ford was forced to buy back. So my assumption is that there was an initial owner that forced Ford to buy it back. Then a second owner put the miles on it and probably traded it in. If so the dealer you bought from might not have known about the lemon law. Although I would expect that the dealer would run a car fax and do a good enough of an inspection to notice the lemon law sticker.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcan View Post
Are you the third owner? I ask as I would not expect a "Lemon Law" vehicle to have 47K miles on it when Ford was forced to buy back. So my assumption is that there was an initial owner that forced Ford to buy it back. Then a second owner put the miles on it and probably traded it in. If so the dealer you bought from might not have known about the lemon law. Although I would expect that the dealer would run a car fax and do a good enough of an inspection to notice the lemon law sticker.

Mike

I'm not sure how many previous owners there are,I tried contacting the dealership,but they are all in a meeting til 12:30 I was told,so just waiting til then and see if I can get a carfax from them...
grmaestas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #17

Lemon law

Remember. A lemon law vehicle isn't always due to multiple Repair problems . It can be the repair took more than 30 days as mine was. It had 4000. Miles on it. Dealer had it for 52 days . Here it is 30 days before lemon law kicks. In
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Depends on the state. I filed lemon law on my last RV because it was in the shop for the same thing three times. Also, in Texas, if they ever just once provide you a loaner, you can't file. But after being in the shop 4 times for the same problem, and it broke again, in addition to it being in the shop for 172 days of the first 11 months, I was at wits end and filed lemon law.

One more thing, if you get the Carfax and it's not on there, report it to them. My mom sent a van back on lemon law and later she checked the Carfax and it wasn't listed. To me, Carfax isn't worth the paper it's written on.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #19

Going to the dealership this afternoon to speak wth the sales manager and pick up the carfax, hopefully it goes well. I've been stressed out about this all day!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #20

Thanks to all for your input. Just got home with the carfax,looked through my paperwork and it WAS NOT DISCLOSED anywhere in my financing paperwork ,or anything I signed. But it is listed on the carfax...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	154445
Old 03-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Thanks to all for your input. Just got home with the carfax,looked through my paperwork and it WAS NOT DISCLOSED anywhere in my financing paperwork ,or anything I signed. But it is listed on the carfax...Attachment 154445

Sorry for double pics,idk what happened.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Thanks to all for your input. Just got home with the carfax,looked through my paperwork and it WAS NOT DISCLOSED anywhere in my financing paperwork ,or anything I signed. But it is listed on the carfax...Attachment 154445
It's time to get your states' Attorney General office involved. That is fraud and deceptive sales practices.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
It's time to get your states' Attorney General office involved. That is fraud and deceptive sales practices.

I concur.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #24

Contact State Attorney General and inquire if CO 'Requires' disclosure of a vehicle buyback under the Lemon Law.

If NOT required by LAW then inquire about dealership violating state unfair and deceptive practices statutes by NOT disclosing vehicle was a buyback under the Lemon Law.

Affixing the DECAL should NOT be taken as FULL Disclosure.
Should be something in 'Buyers Guide' (sticker on window) or within contact

Unfair and Deceptive Practices
a dealer's failure to disclose any important facts about the car, or an attempt to make such facts too hard to see, is illegal, and could lead to your recovery under your state's unfair and deceptive practices law.

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have been a general manager of large car dealers for 30 years. Depending on the year and original book value of the vehicle, a lemon law branded title could be worth as little as 50% of book value. That being said, they are not necessarily bad vehicles, you just have to get them at the right price. On the rare occasion that we would buy one from a factory sponsored auction, the manufacturer usually disclosed the reason for the buyback. I purchased a caddy for my MIL and it was nothing more than a power lock issue that was repaired before it went to auction. If you like the vehicle, find out what the issue was and then start negotiations with the dealer. Will save you a bunch of time and headache over contacting the AG. I would bet the dealer either didn't know or it somehow slipped through the cracks. I promise you that NO dealer worth their salt would knowingly not disclose it. Too big a headache and to costly. Give them a shot at making you whole.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I have been a general manager of large car dealers for 30 years. Depending on the year and original book value of the vehicle, a lemon law branded title could be worth as little as 50% of book value. That being said, they are not necessarily bad vehicles, you just have to get them at the right price. On the rare occasion that we would buy one from a factory sponsored auction, the manufacturer usually disclosed the reason for the buyback. I purchased a caddy for my MIL and it was nothing more than a power lock issue that was repaired before it went to auction. If you like the vehicle, find out what the issue was and then start negotiations with the dealer. Will save you a bunch of time and headache over contacting the AG. I would bet the dealer either didn't know or it somehow slipped through the cracks. I promise you that NO dealer worth their salt would knowingly not disclose it. Too big a headache and to costly. Give them a shot at making you whole.
OP purchased this truck in July 2016 with 47k miles and has put 10K more on it (57K)
Not looking to buy.......already did and no disclosure

AG SHOULD be involved
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post

To clarify, I DID purchase the truck in July, no verbal or written disclosure. I did not see the lemon law sticker on the door jamb (shame on me). I didn't even ask for the carfax at the time of purchase ,as I figured it was a well known Ford dealer in my area that has been in business for over 100 years. I discovered the decal on Thursday evening, picked up the carfax Friday evening and the sales mgr. that I spoke to on the phone,wouldn't even speak to me. He had a salesman give the report to me. I have not had any problems with the truck as of yet besides a check engine light, I had the local parts store scan the code, it came up as NOX sensor. The evening before my scheduled appointment,I was on my way to the dealership to drop it off,and low and behold,no more check engine light. My wife and I purchased a new TT on August 6th, we took it on our maiden voyage to Yellowstone/grand Teton for a week long vacation the following week,1,800 total miles,not a single issue. Two more camping trips after that,not an issue. With all that being said, I feel like it is a SOLID truck,however I'm a little heated about the non-disclosure,or a discounted price. Tomorrow I will start research on Lemon law attorneys and find out EXACTLY where I stand.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Here is the law in Penna. on this:

Pennsylvania Lemon Law 1960 Resale of returned motor vehicle.
(a) Vehicles may not be resold.-If a motor vehicle has been returned under the provisions of this act or a similar statute of another state, it may not be resold in this State unless:
1. The manufacturer provides the same express warranty it provided to the original purchaser, except that the term of the warranty need only last for 12,000 miles or 12 months after the date of resale, whichever is earlier.
2. The manufacturer provides the consumer with a written statement on a separate piece of paper, in ten point all capital type, in substantially the following form:
“IMPORTANT: THIS VEHICLE WAS RETURNED TO THE MANUFACTURER BECAUSE IT DID NOT CONFORM TO THE MANUFACTURER’S EXPRESS WARRANTY AND THE NON-CONFORMITY WAS NOT CURED WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME AS PROVIDED BY PENNSYLVANIA LAW.”
The provisions of this section apply to the resold motor vehicle for the full term of the warranty required under this subsection.
(b) Returned vehicles not to be resold.-Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (a), if a new motor vehicle has been returned under the provisions of this act or a similar statute of another state because of a nonconformity resulting in a complete failure of the braking or steering system of the motor vehicle likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle was driven, the motor vehicle may not be resold in this Commonwealth.

Look up your state laws on this subject here:

https://www.carlemon.com/#state_lemon_laws