Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #1

Let me be level with ya

I have been working on my old camper all winter without jacks on 4 corners or being level....I need to ask why its so important? Will the plumbing work better because i must admit Im getting air bubbles in my bathroom sink and cant figure out why.....Thank You.....PS ....Ill be going camping soon and I cant wait......Sorry but I dont have Any camper Friends to ask yet..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #2

Typically, being level has to do with keeping the refrig level when camping. I see no issue with having an rv un-level for extended periods of time when it's not being used. Sounds like your drain bubbling is a separate issue from not being level.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Is this bubbling in the fresh water supply or from the drain? I didn't see drain mentioned. If the fresh, you may have air in the lines and/or the water heater. If it is the drain, then I have no clue. Inch and half pipe would produce quite a bubble and would likely be quite smelly I suspect.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat 60 View Post
....Will the plumbing work better because i must admit Im getting air bubbles in my bathroom sink and cant figure out why....
If you mean there are bubbles coming out of the faucet when the water pump is running, it is probably sucking air from somewhere. Could be a leaky hose or loose connection. Welcome to the forum!
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

Hi...Yes its air out the fauset......The shower fauset is the only thing I haven't replaced and sometimes water has a hard time getting up to the head....I have good presser and kitchen fauset works great..I also have a new pump and no leeks except ,,,,,,,,well you no..............Thanks...Mat
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mat 60, the air in your lines may clear up over time. If your hot water heater was drained out, it takes a while to get it filled and all of the air worked out. Otherwise, I'd be looking at the suction line side of your pump for any place allowing air into the line.

If you're having trouble getting water up to your shower head, that's probably a different matter. The pump should put out plenty of pressure to operate your shower. However, if you're sucking a lot of air to the pump, it could be related. Do you have plenty of pressure at the sinks? How much air is coming out of your faucets? Do they "spit" a lot of air along with some water, or is there just some slight bubbling in the water stream? You mentioned air in the bathroom faucet, but didn't mention the kitchen faucet having air in it. Are they both carrying air? The more info you provide, the more help someone here may be able to provide. I hope you get it squared away soon so you can start enjoying the camper!
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
as far as having the jacks out and the MH level there are reasons beyond the refrig. Sleeping with your head down and feet up may be uncomfortable. Many of the frames on the motorhomes can actually get in a twist and I have heard of the windshields actually popping out. (It has not been my experience) I also believe the jacks down and level will take some of the pressure off of the springs and give you a more solid feel while moving around in the coach. Most manufacturers will reccomend that you level first, then extend the slides. I know that mine will open with less noise and that probably means less strain!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #8

In addition to being level, jacks stabilize the coach and make livability better as the coach isn't slightly rocking/moving around as you walk around in it. A coach with air bags, when the air is expelled from the air bags, is much more stable that one with springs, without the air suspension.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
mat 60:

When you say.."old camper.." what do you mean. Is this a travel trailer, a 5th wheel, a truck camper, or a motor home??? Not being snoopy, but knowing this would help folks offer suggestions. For example, if you have slide outs, jacks are a good thing to have as it reduces torque on the frame, and it assists the slide out motor and gears to more easily move the slide in and out. Let us know.

Steve
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #10

Hellow.......Im back in business.... First I replaced the shower fas set and it works much better.....Then I turned on the bathroom sink witch is new and still not hardly Any presser so I took it out and cleaned the small plastic line out in it and bada boom,,.....Fixed......This 1977 prowler trailer sat and when I first turned on the water a lot of hard salty looking stuff came out the fassetts...Mabe thats what plugged up the fassett..Im wondering if water got rusty in hot water tank.....I couldn't run screens in Any of sinks at first...Im glad thats fixed......As far as level I have the jacks now and made some blocking so Ill be good when we go....Thank you all for the help....You no whats weard is Im 51 years old and I am really looking forward to going camping..Heck,,,,I feel like a kid..I have done a ton of work on this camper but its paid for and its been a fun projuct.....Thanks again...Mat
Old 06-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #11

I believe there are some other considerations for keeping your RV level and they are mostly for comfort. Doors will not swing open or closed by themselves and cooking is much easier,(ever have an egg slide off a skillet)?
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat 60 View Post
Hellow.......Im back in business.... First I replaced the shower fas set and it works much better.....Then I turned on the bathroom sink witch is new and still not hardly Any presser so I took it out and cleaned the small plastic line out in it and bada boom,,.....Fixed......This 1977 prowler trailer sat and when I first turned on the water a lot of hard salty looking stuff came out the fassetts...Mabe thats what plugged up the fassett..Im wondering if water got rusty in hot water tank.....I couldn't run screens in Any of sinks at first...Im glad thats fixed......As far as level I have the jacks now and made some blocking so Ill be good when we go....Thank you all for the help....You no whats weard is Im 51 years old and I am really looking forward to going camping..Heck,,,,I feel like a kid..I have done a ton of work on this camper but its paid for and its been a fun projuct.....Thanks again...Mat
Paid for can REALLY make camping fun. My toilet plunger is paid for! LOL.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #13

have fun and enjoy it you only go around once .keep on camping