Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #43
doc

Appalachian Campers
Oil closed at 90 dollars and some change this afternoon. I know that had nothing to do with the fact that earlier today I saw diesel near Lawrenceville, Ga at a QT for 3.79. That is the lowest I have seen diesel in this area in quite a while. Going lower and I am going camping.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMasterFish View Post
About 2-3 weeks ago gas went up 8 cents per gallon of regular followed by another 2 cents the following day putting us here at $3.65/gal. (Our regular is 85 octane, our midgrade is 87.) Over the the last week and a half it actually came down a whopping 2 cents.

Sure enough, today, with the holiday weekend looming our local Maverick jumped it 10 cents to $3.73 and premium at $3.97. (And yes, I know we're low compared to a fair portion of the country).

Sure glad I filled up yesterday using my Smith's loyalty card points.

I'm sure this is just the start this week as well.
Regular unleaded went to 4.139 (cheapest in town) a couple weeks ago, diesel is 4.459 at the same station although my wifd says she saw it for 4.259 on her way to work.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Arlington, Texas:

Gas is dropping, today at 3.37 per gallon. Although it is dribble dropping (a penny or two here and there) it has dropped from 3.59 a couple of weeks ago. Certainly not 16%+ crude oil has dropped the past few weeks...but it is moving in the right direction.....
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #46

Evening news this evening says Gas Buddy and AAA expect gas prices to go up another 35 cents by Memorial Day.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanova View Post
Evening news this evening says Gas Buddy and AAA expect gas prices to go up another 35 cents by Memorial Day.
Where exactly is this supposed to take place? Gasoline prices have done nothing but drop for the past month here in the Houston area. Want proof? See this Gas Buddy chart.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yea I was all smug a couple of days ago, they just raised gas all aver my area. 25 cents a gallon. If I did stuff like that in my business, I'd be out of business.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
Yea I was all smug a couple of days ago, they just raised gas all aver my area. 25 cents a gallon. If I did stuff like that in my business, I'd be out of business.
How the hell do these greedy bastards get away with this???? It's ok November will be here soon enough! Its funny everyone says the office never has anything to do with the price yet every election year the price at the pump goes down quicker then Monica Lewinsky in the oval office.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
This afternoon at Sam's Club gas was $3.459.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #51

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino78 View Post
how the hell do these greedy bastards get away with this???? It's ok november will be here soon enough! Its funny everyone says the office never has anything to do with the price yet every election year the price at the pump goes down quicker then monica lewinsky in the oval office.

funny lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #52

The banks including Chase and investment houses like Goldman Sachs are adding more than $1.25 to the price of every gallon of gas consumed in the United States.Bart Chilton, a commissioner at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the federal agency that regulates commodity futures and option trading in the United States, has stated publicly that far too few players control far too much of the market, allowing them to push the price of gas higher and higher.

Chilton obtained an energy research report from Goldman Sachs spelling out how much the Wall Street firm estimated speculators had pushed up the real price of oil sold to make gas, due to large bets in the markets. Using the numbers from in the Goldman Sachs report, combined with current information from the CFTC, Chilton calculated how much speculation is driving up the price at the pump for the average consumer. By Chilton’s calculation, if you drive a car like a Honda Civic, you’re paying $7.30 more than you should every time you fill up — to Wall Street speculators. If your car is a Ford Explorer you’re paying an extra $10.41. For a Ford F150, he says owners pay an additional $14.56 per fill up -or more than $750 a year. Easy to figure what it would be for each tankful of fuel for an RV.

But with the bankers and speculators having bought key members of Congress it is not going to get any better. When the Koch brothers can simply write a check and hand Gingrich over $3 million the average American is left out in the cold in more ways than one.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #53

If you live in Or-Wa- or CA there is no such thing as lowering prices. Hasn't been in few weeks. The rest of the country gets to enjoy this, but not the Left Coast Border states. Its sickening to note this greed going on. The planned shut down of the refineries are to blame. They wanted it that way, and its working.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Of course, the big problem is the monopoly. The oil industry enjoys the worlds biggest monopoly. I have a rare lung disease, and get a very expensive medicine to treat it. 15 years ago when the provider was the only only they would drive up prices every year saying there was blood shortages, and they had to shut down plants for maintenance. Now that there are 3 other companies producing a similar medicine, there are no longer any shortages, no plant shut downs, and prices have stabilized.

We need alternative fuels to do the same thing for the oil industry. If they ever do a natural gas conversion for my vehicle, I for sure will look very hard at doing it.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC

Where exactly is this supposed to take place? Gasoline prices have done nothing but drop for the past month here in the Houston area. Want proof? See this Gas Buddy chart.

Rusty
In the western Wa area. It was on the local evening news last night and I heard it on the news today as well. While much of the US has seen prices go down some, it's been going up here. :-( it sure is annoying.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC

Rusty
In the western Washington area. It was on the Seattle evening news last night and I heard it on the radio while driving in Tacoma today. While much of the US has seen a decrease in gas prices, we've been going up noticeably. :(

Very annoying.

Tags
gas