Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #99
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Wait, does that mean that dad has to sleep in the toad(doghouse)?
Some times it is the best place to be. Sometimes you want to just getaway. Most of the time I am under the awning snoring in my lounge chair. DW yels at me thinking I am waking the neighbors.

TV is for DW. As long as it is no raining I will be outside.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Yup, gas prices have been drifting down since before Memorial Day. Today, according to Gas Buddy, prices vary from $3.49 to $3.57. Maybe by the 4th of July prices will be closer to $3.00 (not holding breath ).

Don't I wish! But at least it is in the 3's now. $3.99

Old 06-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #101
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
$3.04 in my community.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #102

$3.50-60 range in Phx.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #103

Someone please explain to me why since mid-April prices in other cities like Little Rock, Pensacola, etc have dropped over 40 cents and Tucson is hovering around a 10-15 cent drop in the same time?? Tired of getting screwed over! I swear if they found a way to charge for the air we breath they will.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #104

Could be worse... betcha yours is still lower than mine.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand
Could be worse... betcha yours is still lower than mine.
Yes it could always be worse but, I am sure though although Cali prices are crazy high they came down quicker then Tucsons.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #106
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fueled up on Bellemont Az and drove 20 miles to Williams Az. Bellemont was 3.53 , Williams 3.99 at some , others over 4.00

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #107

Because they found out they can get away with it. It's the same way in Phx. Somebody has somebody else in their hip pocket.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
Because they found out they can get away with it. It's the same way in Phx. Somebody has somebody else in their hip pocket.
Agreed 100%.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #109

You guys should move out here where that never happens. Oh, and gas is more expensive... almost forgot that selling point.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand
You guys should move out here where that never happens. Oh, and gas is more expensive... almost forgot that selling point.
Hey you have to pay for the beautiful beach they call the pacific coast. You could never pay me enough to live in California! The cost of living in unreal!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
Or explain -- with several of the worlds largest refineries -- why our city has prices sometimes higher than cities without. Monopoly, politics, greed . . it's expensive wherever one goes (compared to 2002).

A 10% change in the price of fuel is par for the course. No matter the ostenible "reason". America hasn't been self-sufficient in fuel for nearly a half-century. So, a "recreation" born in the time prior to that is forever after more expensive.

If I had to worry over fuel price (I will at $6/gl) then RV'ng would be off the table altogether.

My take was to spec trailer and tow vehicle for highest fuel economy, right from the start. No compromises that way. I can run 63-mph, or lower it to 58-mph. Either way it is far higher than with a conventional TT and gas TV at 15 or 16-mpg respectively, pulling a 34'.

I plan vacations at a fuel cost of 25-cpm to make it easy. SmokeyWren recently covered nearly 4k miles at 37-cpm. Try it.

Vehicle spec and trip planning take the sting away from out-of-pocket expenses. Reduce the annual family use of vehicle fuel through the rest of the year (with no reduction in "quality" of service) and that can pay for some vacations by itself, no matter the RV rig.

A more realistic view is the amount of fuel consumed for a per-night basis and balanced off the total number of miles for the trip. I find that helps in what I plan . . and "the plan" takes the pain out of it.

I'll fuel where it best suits me (high volume, fresh fuel, access to road, near particular waypoint) and not worry over the rest of it. Chasing pennies while on the road rather defeats the purpose of "re-creation". Planning and different vehicle practice the rest of the year works well to understand the percentage of the fuel bill dedicated to vacation . . it needs to be central, IMO, not ancillary to fixed overhead fuel bills (which has tons of fat to trim).

Hope all of you enjoy your travels. Send pics. Some of us are stuck without travel for a while and enjoy your adventures as you choose to share them.

Rednax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #112

Fuel prices plays a huge roll in how often & how far we travel. Hope that one day it won't but thats not likely.

Tags
gas