Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #29

The beauty of forums such as this is the vast amount of users all with different coaches from $0.00 to a million, many different types of usage, fulltimers or weekend warriors all with varying years of experience. I enjoy helping others by using my experiences as a well seasoned RV tech and avid RV owner as well - regardless of the cost of your RV.

We must remember that Internet forums can be a breeding ground for poor social comments, actions and advice. The moderators here are definately very "hands-on" and proactive regarding grumpy posters and "know-it-alls", but occasionally a few will slip through, which is to be expected with a forum having the posting volume that IRV2 has. Just remember that all online social media sites will always have "trolls" and keyboard vigilantes who act and speak entirely different behind the keyboard than they do in person, in real life. Take them with a grain of salt and either block them or just laugh at their ignorance - don't let it deter you from enjoying the forums here and most importantly, finding answers to your problems.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #30
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We appreciate members reporting posts as we cannot possibly read every post.

We always evaluate reported posts and respond to the reporting member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

One last comment, someone said reporting bad post to the moderators would be like being a tattle tale. No, that's more like taking ownership of OUR IRV2.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
A couple of things I find helpful to try to be nice. First the preview button. What I intend to say doesn't always come out right. Previewing it not only gives me one more reread but a couple more seconds to think about it. Second is private messaging. If I think advice on something is not exactly what I would do, I can PM the person it is aimed at and just say IMHO that is not the thing to do rather than "call out" the poster. I have only done that once and I think the recipient was thankful.

About the report post button. It is there for a reason. The mods here can't read every post so if there is something you think is not right, let them know.

I have learned more stuff about RVing here than any other source I can think of and all of the discussion has been great.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great to see a forum with everyone focused on what we feel is one of the best RV sites to be a member of. Our members make it the site that it is and will allow it to grow and become ever better. As moderators we have one goal and that is to keep it a great place to visit, learn, ask questions and meet others who have the same interest. Keeping the site operating in a helpful, friendly manner for all. With the members help we can do this, and remain a great place to sit down with that morning coffee and enjoy some great reading, as I do. Thanks for the support.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #33

I don't even own an RV yet and still feel quite at home here. I've had many questions answered and from my own personal knowledge been able to help several owners. I paid up to be a sponsor because every person on here has been helpful in one way or another and that's worth far more than what I paid. I don't care if you own a '72 Dodge or a $million Outlaw Prevost we are all the same on the inside. I know sometimes I can be burly but I try not to be. So love one another and let's just all get along.

SEMPER FI!!!!!!
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
I am currently a middle school principal and have been for over 20 years (retiring in July!). One of the most common issues we face is students using social web sites to say ugly things to others, including complete strangers. This is common behavior these days on the internet and has been for some time now. This forum doesn't have much of that compared to Twitter, YT, etc. I think those of us who use this forum correctly need to band together and politely remind people by commenting when necessary that rudeness is not allowed on this forum.
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrand View Post
I am currently a middle school principal and have been for over 20 years (retiring in July!). One of the most common issues we face is students using social web sites to say ugly things to others, including complete strangers. This is common behavior these days on the internet and has been for some time now. This forum doesn't have much of that compared to Twitter, YT, etc. I think those of us who use this forum correctly need to band together and politely remind people by commenting when necessary that rudeness is not allowed on this forum.
As long as you don't circle my misspelled word with a red pencil! Lol
Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I am currently a middle school principal ... I think those of us who use this forum correctly need to band together and politely remind people by commenting when necessary that rudeness is not allowed on this forum.
That is the principle in you. LOL Just kidding.

But...

Having moderated board ranging from well behaved to occasionally intense sometimes peer pressure can back fire.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I totally agree lets talk about fixing a problem not grammar or punctuation. I've read several posts that a just nothing but rude. Be proud of what you have and be supportive of others.
I was surprised when I saw this thread. I wondered why it was started.
I have to laugh. Has anyone else seen posts elsewhere bad-mouthing iRV2? I don't get it.
This is an EXCELLENT site. The folks here are knowledgeable and more than friendly. I guess rudeness is scarce here, 'cause I've never seen it!

BTW - I done be a Engrish teachur. Sereeusly.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #38
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I was really glad to find this thread! I want to echo what many others have said. I think this is by far the best RV site on the web! I spent a lot of time on another site before finding IRV2, and was continually amazed at the amount of back-stabbing that went on there. Now I very seldom ever go back to that site, even though I learned a lot in my early days there.

As I've told many new members in the Welcome forum, this site is full of nice, friendly folks who are eager to share their knowledge and experience, and great Moderators who are ALWAYS fair and respectful. I have not found another RV site on the web that I would say that about!

I think it just gets back to the Golden Rule. Always treat others the way you want to be treated.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #39
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We do have this rule;

We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.

However, when encountering a rude post, it's always best to report the post and let us deal with it. Even a polite reminder can escalate the comments between members.

It's always difficult to moderate rudeness, allowing the membership the ability to express themselves without us being heavy handed, nor too lenient.

One can disagree without being disagreeable.

Quote:
I think those of us who use this forum correctly need to band together and politely remind people by commenting when necessary that rudeness is not allowed on this forum.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #40

I like this forum because it is pretty civilized for the most part. If you want to see how nasty and ugly things can get, try RV.net. It seems toxic at times there and not fun.

I like it when someone posts links to one or more websites, forums or blogs to support a point of view. Indicates they might just have a handle on what they're talking about.

I like it when someone has many years of RVing under their belt and with many configurations of TVs, trailers and WDHs, and has strong opinions on what works and what doesn't. Their opinions are invaluable.

I don't like it when someone says "yeah, I've been towing waay overloaded for years and nothin's broke and I haven't caused an accident, so it's okay." Sigh....

I don't like it when someone says I've always used "ABC" product, that's the only one that's good and that's the only one you should use. Really?....

After reading forums long enough, you can tell what information and what posters is good. A lot of it is just personal opinion and preference and nothing more. If you post something that someone doesn't like and says so, and you can't back it up with factual info., let it go and move on. Readers are capable of separating the wheat from the chaff.

Bottom line is, the internet has been a giant leap forward for mankind in disseminating information for the better of everyone. It may not be perfect 100% of the time, but it's sure a whole lot better than the olden days of snail mail and rotary dial phones. RV forums are pretty dang cool! I've learned everything I needed to know on them.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
As long as you don't circle my misspelled word with a red pencil! Lol
Ha, only our English teachers do that!
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #42

Quote:
Ha, only our English teachers do that!