Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Lets help one another not attack each other.

Remember that everyone has the right to their on opinion and there is no need to attack someone for stating theirs. That is what is nice about irv2 it is a great place for people to help other people in need, myself included a lot of the time. So lets help each other out and not attack one another. Remember Gods Love for us all and us for him and our fellow man and woman.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #2

Can't stand it when stuff goes to a personal level. This says it all right here. It's at the top of every page!

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
That's why I frequent this forum so often. Lots of opinions, but not lots of anger or putting someone else down because of their thoughts. Thanks micki49
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree, completely. Someone made a few less than complimentary posts on another iRV2 Owners' Forum after I happened to discuss our new coach delivery experience on my Owners' Forum. Maybe the OP thought I wouldn't get wind of his posts since they were put by him on a different Owners' Forum, but there were enough people who were offended by the OP's comments that I was quickly told all about them.

After thinking about it a bit, I went to the OP's Owners' Forum and wrote my own post. Taking the high road, I told him that while my wife and I were thrilled with our new coach, I was also very cognizant that his brand was terrific too and I wished him all the best.

Guess what? I got a prompt apology and good wishes for our new coach experience. That's exactly what should have happened and I am glad I had the good sense not to allow my disappointment with the OP's original comments to keep him from being able to apologize and stand corrected. Had a reacted the way I felt at the time, I am sure it have just fueled the fire more. Instead the right thing happened when I offered the olive branch even after the comments.

We are all in this together. It only makes sense that we work with each other and support each other so that we can all learn from others' experience.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #5

I totally agree lets talk about fixing a problem not grammar or punctuation. I've read several posts that a just nothing but rude. Be proud of what you have and be supportive of others.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #6

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I totally agree lets talk about fixing a problem not grammar or punctuation. I've read several posts that a just nothing but rude. Be proud of what you have and be supportive of others.

X2
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #7

The positive tone of most of the posts on this forum makes this a great place to learn.
Renegade George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
The quote says it all.

Sharing real knowledge is a great thing.
A Hubris Attitude is not anything anyone wants to hear, neither is
the Ultimate Ego. I also gave up pet peeves also long ago as life is too short to worry about them.

I have found this to be an overall great forum.
Many great and helpful people. Thanks.

As the song went "Happy trails to you".
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post

The quote says it all.

Sharing real knowledge is a great thing.
A Hubris Attitude is not anything anyone wants to hear, neither is
the Ultimate Ego. I also gave up pet peeves also long ago as life is too short to worry about them.

I have found this to be an overall great forum.
Many great and helpful people. Thanks.

As the song went "Happy trails to you".
Love this. Lets face it.....we can't understand intent from an Internet post. If I think somebody's being rude, just ignore .
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
Community Administrator

I really like this thread. I was a member for a few years before becoming a mod and the way this forum is conducted is the reason I stayed. Here is a link to our rules.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/misc.php?...ork&page=rules

You'll notice that the be nice rule ( our most important one ) is in red.

Our forum is mostly self policed by our members ( a handful of mods can only see so much ). We encourage you to report any post which you think violates this rule or any others.

Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Great advice from everyone! When I started RV'ing in 2001 I found another forum and spent a lot of time there. There was constant backstabbing and hurtful remarks. I just don't understand such behavior!
I was taught by my parents to treat others the way I would want to be treated, and I think that's still good advice! I'm very thankful I found IRV2 and the wonderful folks that hang out here!

No, we're not perfect, and occasionally someone here will make a remark that I feel like was not necessary, but we're all still human and we do things that we are sorry for later (hopefully).

Thank you Micki49, for an excellent thread!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I just put rude members on my ignore list. From that point on I don't get to see their posts. After a while most of them go away. Not much of a loss.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree whole heartily! Recently I have seen the level of "nasty" comments escalate. Not so much from the so called old timer's hear, but from newer members. Occasionally, anyone of us may get our tail feathers up but hopefully it will not continue to be the norm. Ciff, I really don't know the procedure for alerting a moderator as to what IMO may be a "nasty"? Would I PM a mod with the quote? MY fondest wish is to NOT be a IRV2 tattle tail, however some post are very, very disturbing.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Glad you asked Clay. The triangle symbol under the posters name will bring you directly to us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2005282760.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	45637

I guess it could be considered tattle taleing but it really helps us in keeping this the forum it is.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote