Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #1

Lichstinn vs Camping World

I just had my first experience with Lichstinn RV Sales because I wanted to pick up my 2014 Via 25Q in Forest City, Iowa and drive it back home to Gainesville, GA which is over a 1000 miles thus breaking my coach in correctly. My salesman was Reed. I got the feeling he was always confusing me with another customer and he was unable to answer my questions about the optional diesel generator. I decided to try my local Camping World and my salesman Jonathan in Oakwood, GA was great!! I saved several thousand dollars because unlike Lichstinn, Camping World discounted MSRP plus gave me a better trade on my 2008 Voyage!
Now instead of having to drive my trade in coach 1000 miles to Lichstinn, I can drop it off at Camping World, fly up to Forest City and "properly" break in my new Mercedes Turbo Diesel without having some kid driving it 85mph and towing his dingy back to Georgia!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's not often we hear bad reports about Lichstinn or really good reports about Camping World. Thanks for the report.

Your post indicates that Lichstinn refused to offer any discount from MSRP??

Hard to believe.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
I spoke with lichtsinn at the GNR last year...regarding trading for a 13 tour...did not like the numbers...bought a 13 tour in January..$20k +less than than than their offer in July...two dealers ( including Camping World) beat their offer. Message here..Always shop a number of dealers.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #4

We got the same run around with Lichtsinn when looking to buy. They want you to play games for three or four days even if you are a cash buyer. Talked with Reed as well, who new nothing about what he was selling.Whole process turned out to be nothing but a waste of time. A buddy went through the same thing with them. There prices will never appeal to a smart buyer.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
We got the same run around with Lichtsinn when looking to buy. They want you to play games for three or four days even if you are a cash buyer. Talked with Reed as well, who new nothing about what he was selling.Whole process turned out to be nothing but a waste of time. A buddy went through the same thing with them. There prices will never appeal to a smart buyer.
Hmmm..... I see a pattern here. DW and I have toyed with going up there again today thinking that we just got off on the wrong foot with Lichtsinn. We had the same experience. MSRP and the lowest offer on our rig by far from them last fall. I visited them again at a trade show this spring only this time talking to the owner. Now I see where the orders are generated from. I will never tell a business owner how to run his business but the public will. Just because he is very close to the factory doesn't mean he can demand more than other dealers selling the same thing. Not a big fan of camping world but.......
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #6

No different than buying any other big ticket item, we must shop and with the Internet it's easier.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
My Wife and I love Camping World... Our first experience with them was in Churchville NY.. then again in Mesa AZ.. In both locations, the employees have been consistent friendly and knowledgeable.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome and congratulations all around.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
No different than buying any other big ticket item, we must shop and with the Internet it's easier.
I agree. One tactic for internet shopping for vehicles of any kind is to spec it out with what you want, then email any possible dealer requesting a bid for selling you the vehicle/RV as spec'd, and explain what you are doing. Some will not respond, some will. Use the lowest bid, then thank the unsuccessful bidders so the next person using this tactic will also be treated properly. I forget where I read about this, but it makes sense so I'll do that with our next large purchase.
Totally removes salespersons tricks of the trade too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #10

Lichstinn refused to send me a quote by email showing what they would give me on my trade and the sales price of the via. Camping World sent me a detailed breakdown showing all cost involved!

Tags
camping