Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #1

Lippert levelers on my challenger nd37

HI All! My leveler "panel" is locked! I cannot reset it ore shut it off? I called Thor, NO HELP AT ALL, USELESS HONESTLY!

I CALLED MY DEALER and asked the SM, hew said he would get back to me, HE NEVER DID! This is ultimate terrible customer service!
TYPICAL WITH TOTAL VALUE RV in Elkhart! They are pathetic, and so is THOR!

Thor does NOT STAND BY THE EXPENSIVE WARRANTY WE PURCHASED FOR 7 YEARS FOR OVER $6,000 Dollars!

TVRV has had 4 managers in 9-10 months! This guy Jim, guesses, and knows very little, as a darn Service Manager, cannot even call me back because he does not know! Promised he would? I tried holding down all 4 direction buttons for about 20 seconds on the panel, the guy at Thor did not know how long?, but told me to do it??? I let up and error code still there! It says: Service or auto level, but I cannot! auto Level or Manual does not work with RV plugged into our 100amp service at our home? Started engine, pturned generator on.....NOTHING WORKS!??? HELP!
It states levelers are UP, THEY ARE, BUT NOTHING WORKS, THE PANEL BLINKS ON AND OFF "ERROR CODE" RELEVEL OR SERVICE? WHAAAAAAAT???
NO BUTTONS WORK WHAT SHOULD I DO?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! MIKE, 1ST TIME USER

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.
Sorry you're here with problems .
Has anyone suggested , a full battery disconnect of both chassis and coach batteries , to completely power down all systems, wait 2 mins then re-connect . See if there is any change in the system operation.
Have you tried contacting Lippert directly.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #3

Sorry I am venting but having owned for 6 months, I see these "Brand New" overpriced RV's as one continual problem after another!
I park it and cannot put the jacks down as usual
LPI Panel does not turn off or on, just blinks "error"!
Thor sends me a guide from Lippert that doesn't even mention that Error Comment? Pictures of Hydraulics that are "Greek" to me??
Hey! I am NOT a service guy, but an owner Who did not spend all this $ to learn how to fix or work on my own RV, Period!
I am not a HandyMan and do not plan on being one!
We came back from Floeida end March and had it in service for 3 weeks!!!
Cannot leave anywhere as it is still problematic!
I wish we could have our money back, no one told me these things are huge lemons, but they ARE!
Old 06-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #4

Member 3 days. Nonsensical rant! No wonder you aren't getting anywhere with anyone. Calm down, be nice or no one is going to help you. Did you read the Lippert owners manual for your product, levelors, and its trouble shooting section? If not shut up! Do a google search to find it online. Do a you tube search for its video version. And again shut up!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodoc1 View Post
Sorry I am venting but having owned for 6 months, I see these "Brand New" overpriced RV's as one continual problem after another!
I park it and cannot put the jacks down as usual
LPI Panel does not turn off or on, just blinks "error"!
Thor sends me a guide from Lippert that doesn't even mention that Error Comment? Pictures of Hydraulics that are "Greek" to me??
Hey! I am NOT a service guy, but an owner Who did not spend all this $ to learn how to fix or work on my own RV, Period!
I am not a HandyMan and do not plan on being one!
We came back from Floeida end March and had it in service for 3 weeks!!!
Cannot leave anywhere as it is still problematic!
I wish we could have our money back, no one told me these things are huge lemons, but they ARE!

Please post a picture of your control and I'm sure someone here will offer some useful help.

But without much useful information as to the model of Lippert controls, we are all guessing in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had the same thing happen to me.. Check and see if you have power to the hydraulic pump.. Pretty sure pump is on a different circuit than the panel..... If so look for a 50-60 amp resettable breaker..... Resetting it should solve your problem..
Old 06-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #7

Just like buying a house a MH is a complex thing. So calm down! Most devices in MH have a controller and most of these nowadays will send you error codes and tell you just what the problem is and where. This does not require a mechanic to read the code.

Thor or anyone else is probably not going to be supportive of someone with a really bad attitude. Thor has been the opposite with me and very very helpful and I have easily fixed things the dealer couldn't and I'm not a mechanic. I'm a very old decrepit microbiologist.

So please do as I say, Google search your mechanism for the manual. It will have a trouble shooting section. Do the trouble shooting they outline. Often the error code will flash, count the number of times. But calm down, it's not the lemon.

Being an informed buyer can save you a lot of time and trouble and nerves.

If you can't do this yourself take a picture of the controller and what it is doing, we can help.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Try this : Hold all 4 arrows at once to see if that clears the panel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lippert-electric-leveling-touch-pad-operation.pdf (804.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #9

I don't think he will be back.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #10

Carolina Campers
Lippert levelers on my challenger nd37

Mine may be a different model than yours, I have a 2014.5 Challenger GT.

To clear the error message I have to push the two buttons on the lower left side of the pad at the same time, and hold them down for a two or three seconds. I don't remember what the keys are named, and I am not at the coach. Regardless, that will clear the message on mine.

Most likely the message came up because you had low voltage in the house batteries when you were trying to raise the jacks. The jacks probably got to the top and then slowed down due to the low voltage, the real message should have been that the jacks timed out. More than likely once you clear the message you will find that the jacks work correctly. You may need to clear the messages few times until you can get the house batteries fully charged.

I always start my generator and leave the engine running to provide maximum amps, as the draw from the jacks can be fairly significant.

Ted
Old 06-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #11

Carolina Campers
So far, My experience with Thor has been totally excellent.

Latest example;
My Challenger 37 GT was out of warranty in March, but they are standing up and replacing the entire windshield wiper mechanism under the hood and even the wiper arms and all the related items. The passenger side flipped over to the driver side when under warranty. They fixed it, no questions asked, but it was just the arms and outside parts. Well it happened again, and even though it is out of warranty, they have approved replacing the whole mechanism this time.

Previous major example;
I was at Costco in Albuquerque, NM on a Monday afternoon. I could not get the levelers to go up because the motor for the hydraulics system over heated.

I called Coach-Net, thinking that a Tech could at least walk me through the emergency override process to get them up so I could at least drive to my destination. They said they would have a Tech call me, so I was placed in the call que.

I hung up and decided to call Thor to see if they could help. Sure enough a Tech came on the line and I explained my issue. He walked me through the manual override process to raise the jacks. Then he said that once the motor over heats, the life expectancy is not good, therefore he said that he will contact a repair shop for me, overnight a complete hydraulics system and get me back on the road ASAP. They did not replace just the motor, but to insure that the was no other issue, they sent the entire system, with all the valves, etc. They even sent a new reservoir. He called me back in very short order, gave me the name and address of the RV shop, the contact person and phone number. He gave me his name and direct number. He said that if I had any issue to call him and he would take my call personally. It was too late to ship it that day so it had to be shipped on Tuesday. He said that they had me scheduled at the shop for 8:00 AM on Wednesday.

This happened so quickly that the Coach-Net Tech had not even called me back, so I called and cancelled that service request.

I took my coach in at 8:00 AM that Wednesday and they completed the complete installation, and performed and oil change and filter's on the engine and the generator by 1:00 PM.

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THOR'S WARRANTY SERVICE AT THIS POINT!

Ted
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #12

Dealers don't keep MH batteries charged and this can cause a lot of havoc with the slides, levelors, cameras etc.

Starting the generator is a good idea or better yet have solar, what a difference.

Tags
levelers