Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanlyth View Post
Unfortunately, tankless is our best option, and yes quite costly. We only need it for a handwash sink.
In light of your situation, I think theTruma is one of your better options. It uses a 1 quart tank that stays hot so there is no lag time when you turn on the water. Truma is made in Germany.
Used by some of the high end RV builders. The attached link in my earlier post will point you to a dealer. Good luck.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
In light of your situation, I think theTruma is one of your better options. It uses a 1 quart tank that stays hot so there is no lag time when you turn on the water. Truma is made in Germany.
Used by some of the high end RV builders. The attached link in my earlier post will point you to a dealer. Good luck.
Information I've seen so far leads me to believe this would be perfect.
If it can be plumbed into a 100# cylinder line, that is.

Do you use a 20# cylinder? Or a more robust supply?

Really appreciate your help.
Susan
susanlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #17

The one posted on Amazon doesnt need the 20lb cylinder, it just needs to be teed into the current system you use.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #18

FWIW Looking at what you want why not just replace your electric tank with a gas one? The other option would be the smallest gas fired HW tank you can find. They deal better with low flow for hand washing.

The major issue with tankless hot water is matching the flow to the use. If all you want is a hand washing sink you don't need high flow but a high flow unit may give you problems by not heating what you want when you want it. There are many threads around here about tankless systems and the problems with them.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanlyth View Post
Information I've seen so far leads me to believe this would be perfect.
If it can be plumbed into a 100# cylinder line, that is.

Do you use a 20# cylinder? Or a more robust supply?

Really appreciate your help.
Susan
You most likely have a regulated propane line to your pizza ovens. So it should be a simple matter of connecting into the same line. The existing regulator would of course need to be checked to make sure it can handle the added volume. This is something the dealer, installer should be familiar with.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #20

I connected mine to the existing propane line that feed our stove.

I removed the included regulator and connected the heaters gas line to a gas service Tee, right at the stove connection.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:32 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Unlike the american tankless waiter heaters, Truma is not affected by flow or pressure. It puts out a constant temperature weather its a very small flow or a full flow. It will probably have to be tempered with cold water if you are showering. For cleaning dishes etc. it will be plenty hot.
We really like our Truma water heater and would never have any other type or brand if we would get a different motorhome.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #22

I agree with NOTHERMARK that you are over thinking things. For the need you described, a 6 or 10 gallon LPG heater should be perfect. One of the most common units is from Atwood, but whatever fits your space and budget should get you going.

Washing hands and dishes will not overtax a normal water heater. Most RV WH units get set for about 160F, so as mentioned, you will be blending cold water to allow your hands to tolerate the hot water.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, propane, water, water heater