Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #15

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Battery charger, gallon of diesel are a couple I hadn't thought of. I'm good on roadside ( I hope) with Good Sams.

Some questions:

Clifftall: What is CCC?
Regarding wipers and serpentine belt. Where are good sources to get these?
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My thoughts exactly, figure everything you need and how much money to take and then cut everything in half and double the money.

I must say that planning is almost as much fun as the trip. Don't worry, enjoy.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
We go camping at least once a month. We travel for several months each year. There are 2 sets of clothes and bathroom supplies. One for the house and one for the RV. All tools and RV needs are always in the RV. When we leave we take food and drinks for 2 days, pet food, meds, lap tops, cell phone (Don't forget the charger) and camera. If the trip is more than 2 days and we travel, the first night is a Walmart stop to get more food. It takes us about 15 minutes to pack.

If a Hurricane is approching or some other emergancy comes up, We're ready to leave in a hurry. This also eliminates a lot of time packing and unpacking.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Same here. MH is pre-loaded with most needs. If a Hurricane threatens then basically all we add is 2 accordian folders of important papers. With Hurricanes at least we have days of notice to get ready to evacuate.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess it depends on where you camp. I see pressure washers and wash brushes mentioned here. I've found that 99% of the places we have stayed in strictly prohibit washing your RV. What good are those items if you can't use them?

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote