Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1

Long stay in RV Parks

If you are a snowbird or whatever and spend 3 to 6 months in an RV park, do you get involved with all the park activities?? Do you feel pushed to join the activities?
Like Sunday is church, ice cream social, movie, etc, etc, Monday is wood carving, quilting, line dancing, and on, and on.
Brose38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
We certainly try to participate in as many activities as we can, however interests and physical abilities limit us some. We are never required to participate, and sometimes we will this week and decide not to next week. It is never an obligation. After all, the goal is to have fun and enjoy!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
We spend 5 months in our park and chose this park specifically because it has so many activities. DW volunteers at the library, I play billiards on Mondays and Thursdays, we either use the gym or attend water aerobics every day except Sunday, bingo on most Tuesday nights. On Sundays we're part of a small group that takes a motorcycle ride of approximately 125-150 miles.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have been 5 days into a 4 month reservation at an RV resort in Alamo, TX. We haven't had any unwanted/unsolicited contacts from park management or other occupants. We are not hugely interested in park activities at this time.

The only activity I have participated in was a morning bicycle ride...well half of it. LOL I got to the starting point a few minutes late and the were gone. I figured out how to get to the breakfast location which was about 7.5 miles away. After I got direction to the place I started about 10 minutes behind and got there 15 minutes ahead of the group.

Needless to say I'm gonna have to find some fellow residents with a tad more speed left in them. I did post something in the bike ride sign up board looking for some faster riders and hope to find a few of them around.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #5

We are in a park in McAllen, Tx. for about 4 months. We have been full time for 25 years, and we go to see everything in the area. We also go to some of the park activities like breakfast and some of the potlucks. We like to go to other parks for the Jams and entertainment.
We watch others come into the park, some of them are into everything that comes up. They never go anywhere, but to Walmart and back.
Brose38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:53 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We do not get involved in park activities as a general rule. Once in a while, we might go to a breakfast, but that's about it.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have been to a number of destination type resorts for extended stays. None has been pushy about signing up or participating in any activities. Many, however, are set up to accommodate many interest of the residents.

Our favorite had a complete wood shop which was of interest to me and a complete sewing and quilting room which my wife found interesting. It also had a full range of clubs and activities and entertainment to augment the nice facilities.

In addition since we were there three to four months per year we made a lot of friends and developed our own 4 pm cocktail hour, social. No pressure to be there but lots of wonderful sharing of interest and camaraderie.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We're not required or pushed to do any activities in our park. Pick and choose what you'd like to do and either do or not do them from week to week. I play Bocce ball with the group but sometime can't make it every week. I play billiards but generally either to just practice or pick up a game here and there. The billiard league gets just a bit to intense for me. I don't need someone telling me what shot to take and then have someone peaved for not doing what I'm told. I'll play my own game and strategy "Thank You".
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #9

We do not participate in any of the activities. Many of them revolve around really poor food choices that we are not interested in. So we find other things to occupy our time by ourselves. Never stayed some place where they pressured us to join in.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a rule the RV parks we stay in don't have much in the way of amenities or activities. Cheaper that way and we don't care about having them. We do go to some potlucks but that is about it.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #11

In a word-No