Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-03-2015, 04:33 AM   #29
Originally Posted by mikelm48 View Post
Did you find an RV Port design and plans or are you doing your own?
You can google RV Port Home designs, or for that matter any builder should be able to come up with them.

2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
We also like what Retama Village has to offer, but the location just does not work for us. We are looking for a 55+ community with a neighborhood (we are pretty social, not recluses), where we can park the MH adjacent to the home (a tall carport would be great), and have an integrated indoor/outdoor living area. Building our own home in such a community would be an acceptable option to us (would prefer that it not be a community of manufactured homes, however), while building out in the desert (though it would be easier) would not be so fun for us in the long haul.

Closest thing we have found so far is Reunion Pointe (Gulf Shores area of Alabama) but we would prefer to be in Texas.

What's an RV Port-Home? - Reunion Pointe

It seems that this lifestyle is a pretty new concept and has not truly defined itself yet. In our search, each property seems to have a little different spin on what an RV Port Home is. We are still looking, though, and hoping to find what we are looking for in Texas (or mebbe New Mexico).

Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #31
We also are considering NM. If I find anything I will post a link. Do you know if Reunion Pointe actually exists, or is it just in the planning stage?
GracieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #32
Entegra Owners Club
if you like quiet but convivial socilization, and want a casita or port home, you might look at Bay Lake Resort just off I-4 outside Lakeland, Fla....small +55 gated rv community, casitas andport homes to 900sq.ft. - we think we're going to lik eit just fine!
Ernie and Dianna Northern
2015 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ
2013 Equinox toad/2014 Jeep GC diesel
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #33

Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
How much trouble was this to do? I have read before that it is very hard to do. I would love to have an acre or two and have plenty of room for a turn-around for our motorhome with a garage for it.
I just designed and built this home 58' deep X22' wide 14' high door garage...
3 br 2 bath horseshoe drive way,,,1340 sq fthome

fits on a 125 deep x 80' lot

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #34

I built this house as a vacation home....we were down sizing from the one I had just built...then we down size to the rv

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #35
santafestyle.com is a community of smaller homes with optional RV garages in Deming NM. Near I-10 and pretty close to the border, but not as isolated as Retama
GracieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #36
American Coach Owners Club
This is in Kerrville Texas, an hour north of San Antonio in the hill country.....stayed at this park last week...was intrigued by the private "club" section. Real nice little casitas, looked interesting. One of the links below shows one for sale

THE CLUB at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort

Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #38
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bumps, we want to be in Texas also, but we agree, Retema is too far. We are looking for property in the DFW area.
2005 Kountry Star 3907, ISC330, Spartan chassis, M&G braking, Blue Ox Aventa XL
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #39

Take a look at RVPARKSTORE.COM. You will find a listing for RV Lots for sale. I am trying to sell my lot/port at Lake Granbury RV Ranch in Granbury, Texas. Web site for the Ranch is lgrvr.org for information and for lots for sale.
Steve and Ann,
2010 Winslow 31rle, 2014 Chev 3500 Duramax
Steve Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #40
Originally Posted by GracieK View Post
santafestyle.com is a community of smaller homes with optional RV garages in Deming NM. Near I-10 and pretty close to the border, but not as isolated as Retama
We, too are interested in a RV-port home. Took a look at the Deming NM community because the DW would probably faint if I suggested we move back to NM - she loves it out there LOL.

However....looking at the covenant for this community, it expressly forbids RVs. Even if they allowed RVs with a RV Garage (Enclosed garages are pretty expensive) looking at the plat it would be a TIGHT fit for our 2500 Dually & Cardinal 5er
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A + Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes | RVM 091

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #41
Retama would be our last choice of all mentioned.

Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote