Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #85

Monaco Owners Club
I am very possessive of my RV. I don't let anyone inside. When I go out I lock the door and don't unlock it until everyone has left. Same with my home and plane. I worked hard to acquire these items and do not want "anyone" enjoying them but me. Does this sound familiar to this discussion?
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #86

We have two TT's - one for us and one to loan out, both purchased brand new. Nobody wants to borrow the loaner. Just as well, I'm not a big fan of group camping anyway.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #87

If it were me. I would merely say no softly and explain it's never going to happen so please quit asking but that I love her . sounds corny but that's what I would do if I wanted to be polite. After so many times Im pretty sure politeness wouldn't be possible lol. Good luck!
Redneckgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #88

Monaco Owners Club
Just ask for a $10,000. deposit up front.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #89

I would have have said what you said because if you let them walk over you I found out they will.
Everyone is different ,but you don't have to feel bad about not wanting others to take advantage of you.
I was a door mat to my family for years letting them use me left and right until I finally said no more.
They didn't like the fact that I would not loan money anymore to them after being burned over and over.
Final straw was when I loaned money to my sister and her husband who live in Canada .When it came time to pay me back I said the bank said I owe them a thousand dollars because of the exchange rate they had the nerve to say to me while I was in their kitchen on a visit that I should of thought about the exchange rate so that it wasn't their fault and they are not giving me anymore money.Teal nice after they came to me saying they couldn't get a loan to finish their new home and like the door mat I was I didn't say anything ,but when my sister who constantly would throw digs my way for doing nothing at all started in after I got home again with the unwanted remarks I finally said why do you need to be so disrespectful towards me and we haven't spoken since.I feel better not putting up with her disrespectfulness I finally shut that disrespectful door revolving door that some people would use time to time.It is sealed shut and bolted never to be used again.
You shouldn't put up with that kind of disrespect from anyone.
You and your wife saved up and bought a RV and should be enjoying it without letting others trying to use it for free.
Shame on her for even asking you both to let them use it while you and wife sleep in a tent.People are all different but that is disrespectful and If I was you I would not feel bad at all and she is the one that should be feeling bad for asking you both to sleep in a tent while they use you.
Shut that door like I did because it feels so much better knowing no one is ever going to use it ever again.
I feels awful closing that door when you start to close it ,but feels great once it is shut.
Take care of what you got because you earned it.
God bless
Sorry I went on because it was exposed to be a quick responce message.
Travatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #90

Update

First off THANK YOU for all the advice/personal experience in dealing with situations like this.Just got back from camping over the 4th of July weekend with the sister in law and her family,(they also were staying with us leading up to the weekend). When they got to our house she saw the trailer in the driveway she mentioned that there is enough room for her family in there too,after she said that i didn't hesitate i looked her dead in the eyes and said "YOUR NOT SLEEPING IN OUR TRAILER " so stop asking!!!!!!! after a few minutes of awkward silence things seemed OK. Fast forward to 4th of July weekend the DW and i got the trailer set up, sister in law and family got the 2 tents set up and we got the campground set up things seemed to be going ok but i was still waiting for her to say something else about using the trailer but she never mentioned anything about using,sleeping in the trailer since i told her NO!! i think when she actually saw the trailer set up she realized how cramped having 5 people in a trailer that only sleeps 2 (we swapped out the crappy jack knife sofa for 2 lazy boy's and the dinette does not turn into a bed anymore) would be. her husband loves camping and sleeping in tents so i think this was mostly her pushing the issue.
That being said,Everyone had a lot of fun over the weekend couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.Overall good time with family and friends......Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	132179
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	132180  
jsdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:17 AM   #91
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdigger View Post
First off THANK YOU for all the advice/personal experience in dealing with situations like this.Just got back from camping over the 4th of July weekend with the sister in law and her family,(they also were staying with us leading up to the weekend). When they got to our house she saw the trailer in the driveway she mentioned that there is enough room for her family in there too,after she said that i didn't hesitate i looked her dead in the eyes and said "YOUR NOT SLEEPING IN OUR TRAILER " so stop asking!!!!!!! after a few minutes of awkward silence things seemed OK. Fast forward to 4th of July weekend the DW and i got the trailer set up, sister in law and family got the 2 tents set up and we got the campground set up things seemed to be going ok but i was still waiting for her to say something else about using the trailer but she never mentioned anything about using,sleeping in the trailer since i told her NO!! i think when she actually saw the trailer set up she realized how cramped having 5 people in a trailer that only sleeps 2 (we swapped out the crappy jack knife sofa for 2 lazy boy's and the dinette does not turn into a bed anymore) would be. her husband loves camping and sleeping in tents so i think this was mostly her pushing the issue.
That being said,Everyone had a lot of fun over the weekend couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.Overall good time with family and friends......
Hooooray for the good guys. Tough love sometimes works out well
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
First simply state insurance strictly forbids it so no.
X2 on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
If they come back with their insurance covers whatever they drive ...
You can say "No it doesn't." Insurance always follows the vehicle, not the driver. If you crash your neighbor's car, it is their insurance that covers the loss, not yours (although you can expect them to come after you to ultimately pay for it).
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #93

Yes this is likely true depending on state but there are policies where operation is limited to name drivers only.

A family with a habitual bad driver may have such a clause to only allow cleatus to drive the truck and everyone else to drive the car and usually it is a list of drivers.

Most would not know so just stating your policy is inclusive driver list and nobody else is allowed by your policy would male the insurance the bad guy.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #94

Thanks for returning and letting us know how it turned out. Wish more folks would do this.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #95
Community Administrator

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Thanks for returning and letting us know how it turned out. Wish more folks would do this.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #96

Simple usually works......
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #97

Winnebago Owners Club
Everyone wins.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:25 AM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad it turned out well.

Don't be surprised if they don't start looking for their own TT in the near future. If they plan on camping with you often, she will get tired of sleeping on the ground quick. He can keep the tent and use it himself or with kids. Then she will compare her rig to yours.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote