Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looking for feedback on USA Travel Care ESP

Been down the road with several other ESPs over the past 2 months and up until this point decided to pass. A few days ago, my RV dealer contacted me and was able to give me what I think is a decent price @ $2,615 for an exclusionary policy with consequential damage and a $100 deductible for 2 years. The policy is USA Travel Care.

No offense, but because I've already read so many opinions, I am interested in only hearing from people that have experience with this specific policy. If you can tell me the good and/or bad... Good claim service? Your coverage and cost? Would you buy it again?

Thanks!

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may want to check out this website and give them a call. Very helpful information providers and NO pressure to sell.

Motorhome Warranty Coverage, RV Extended Warranties - Camper Wholesale Warranties | Wholesale Warrantieshttp://http://www.wholesalewarrantie...ed-warranties/

Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Maverick, they are one of the first companies I started out talking to... Long story short... The coverage they offered on my rig was about equal to, but much higher priced (even after negotiating somewhat) than other companies I have talked to since. If anyone reading this thread has similar or better coverage and deductible with a better premium than what I stated above, and that you are very happy with, I would like to know about it. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good luck on your search then. My Phoenix American policy expired in Jan. of this year. Mixed reaction on service. Broke even on cost and pay out. Doubt I will purchase another.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maverick, I signed up with Good Sam's Roadside Assistance plan for $80 a few days ago. After talking to my insurance company (Allstate), I found out I only have up to $50 per tow incident... So at $80 for the year, and no limit on cost, figured it is money well spent and one less cost. I will probably self insure but want to keep all options open.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Stevie, With my rig, I will self insure for the ESP, but I plan on going with Coach Net Premier Coach policy. The cost is $159. A comparable plan at GS was also identical. The $80 offer I received from GS was for basic coverage. Because my coach is semi-monocoque frame construction, it must be towed via low boy truck. It cannot be lifted and towed from the front end in my understanding. Because of this the premier package was worth the additional investment.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Interesting... If I knew about this coverage, I probably would have gone this way. (Actually, I believe Wholesale Warranties, from what I remember now, combined this coverage to compete with ACC...) Even though double the cost, it's still very affordable and does offer a lot more as far a trip interruption protection. I'm going to call GS tomorrow to see if they have an upgrade option as well... Thanks Medico! As you can see, I'm still working on possibly going with an ESP.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I had a USA TravelCare policy on a previous coach but was fortunate not to have very many claims. The few I had were handled satisfactorily and I have no reservations about the company.

Whether their coverage meets your needs and is fairly priced is something only you can decide. Read the fine print in all the clauses carefully - they mean every single word of them and will enforce them rigorously. People get upset when they get surprised by declined repair, but it is usually their own fault that they did not take the time to understand the policy coverage.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Whether their coverage meets your needs and is fairly priced is something only you can decide. Read the fine print in all the clauses carefully - they mean every single word of them and will enforce them rigorously. People get upset when they get surprised by declined repair, but it is usually their own fault that they did not take the time to understand the policy coverage.
Gary, I feel I'm close to finding an affordable policy with the coverage I want... but reading the fine print IS the problem! I'm reading every single policy I've been sent word by word, and thinking about the ways the claims people can wiggle out of paying... It's a "half empty glass" mentality, but I can't "assume" they will pay if they don't have to... and so far has me not going with anyone...
Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
When you find something that is actually affordable, pleas post it. I have not found anything yet. I don't think $3500 for 2 years is affordable!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
When you find something that is actually affordable, pleas post it. I have not found anything yet. I don't think $3500 for 2 years is affordable!
Medico, if I remember properly, your coach is worth about 4 to 5 times what mine is... the quotes I was getting have been hovering around $2,400 to $2,800 for 2 years, with $100 deductible and all the coverage I need and would expect to be paid at that price. IMO, for a coach valued at over $250M, $1,750 a year doesn't seem all that unreasonable... if it gets you bumper to bumper coverage...

My concern now is more about overall customer satisfaction with the companies I am getting the best offers from... With that said, if there are guys out there doing better than I am sharing with recently obtained policies (and I'm sure there are), I'd like to hear from you too!!!

Tags
travel