Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #1

Smile Looking for financing help on a Canadian made RV

Hi!

We are looking at purchasing our first travel trailer and it's made by a small company in Canada named Safari. We are trying to buy their Alto 1723 model and are running into trouble financing because they aren't listed in the NADA book that banks use to find the value (like a blue book for vehicles). Any thoughts or suggestions on who might finance it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jess
Riverwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New or used? I'll share what I know about financing because I've bought and sold so many rigs over my lifetime - lost count. I know nothing about that specific unit.

For a new unit the dealer/manufacturers sales order with selling price should be sufficient for a finance source. My recommendation is always to check with your local credit union - they are easier to work with, less fussy about numbers, better rates, and more likely to lend you what you want if you have good credit.

This manufacturer doesn't have any dealers in the states? If so why not get one from them and perhaps they can assist with a finance source.

Also, if it's not a lot of money and you have good credit you can probably get a signature credit line, credit card, or even a heloc that would cover it. The term might be shorter than you'd like, but hey, you just get it paid off faster that way. Seems like a model 1723 is likely a 23 footer? Can't be talking about too many $$. If it is a hi-budget unit then why not get something more common to the US market?

Oh, and WELCOME TO iRV2!
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Try a credit union instead of a bank. They are a little bit more creative around financing. Give them the web address and have them look at the company.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
New or used? I'll share what I know about financing because I've bought and sold so many rigs over my lifetime - lost count. I know nothing about that specific unit.

For a new unit the dealer/manufacturers sales order with selling price should be sufficient for a finance source. My recommendation is always to check with your local credit union - they are easier to work with, less fussy about numbers, better rates, and more likely to lend you what you want if you have good credit.

This manufacturer doesn't have any dealers in the states? If so why not get one from them and perhaps they can assist with a finance source.

Also, if it's not a lot of money and you have good credit you can probably get a signature credit line, credit card, or even a heloc that would cover it. The term might be shorter than you'd like, but hey, you just get it paid off faster that way. Seems like a model 1723 is likely a 23 footer? Can't be talking about too many $$. If it is a hi-budget unit then why not get something more common to the US market?

Oh, and WELCOME TO iRV2!
I'm in the process of checking with my credit union now - but like you said the term is much shorter. It is a new unit about $30k for the trailer, but because there isn't a published value in the NADA the banks so far (5 of them that I've checked) won't finance it. There also isn't any dealers in the states, they're making about 150 models a year.

Fingers crossed that the credit union might be able to work something out. Thanks for your help!
Riverwaters is offline   Reply With Quote