Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Looking for small trail motorcycle

The Boss and I have been thinking about buying a couple of motor bikes to ride on forest service roads and trails. I know many of you have same and I would like some recomendations on what we might look at. Just want to cruise low speed maybe up to 30mph, dirt roads, mountain driving, and can handle up to 200lbs. Thanks!

John W
2010 Georgetown 378TS Ford 415ci V10
2009 Escape 4wd Towed, Spokane
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
The Honda Ruckus is very popular and easy to handle. It's street and trail legal. 2011 Ruckus Overview - Honda Powersports

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
I have a Yamaha TW 200 and love it. I drove it all over forest rodes in Florida. This is a street legal bike so you can go on any road and has been made since 1986 with no changes. It has a low first gear and with the wide tires will climb and go thru anything. Only weighs 270lbs and is almost bullet proof. Low seat height so most women can put there feet down. Here is a forum on TW200's Yamaha TW200 Trailway Discussion Forum A nice used one should run you around $2,000. They can be hard to find, but do become available. You won't go wrong with this bike.

mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been riding bikes all my life, but mostly street bikes. If you are only interested in 30mph, just about any dirt bike with a 200cc+ should fit the bill +. Street legal would be a recomendation for use while RVing.

You may want to avoid 2 cycle just for the hassle of oil. So your choices are vast. Just take you time, get somthing you're comfortable with and make sure when you sit on them your feet are flat on the ground.
John & Clare - Buck & Zeus - Jack & Husky
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
Towd: 2 HD Streetglides
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Thanks for the replies. I have done some more research and was thinking, for what we would use them for why not Chinese Quads. Price is right, but I might have to work on them a little which is not an issue. Anyone care to comment on these?
John W
2010 Georgetown 378TS Ford 415ci V10
2009 Escape 4wd Towed, Spokane
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
My choice would be one of the Chinese copies of the old Honda trail 70, less than a $1000 new or I have seen a few original trail 70s on Craig's list. They are street legal, no clutch and were fun as everything 30 years ago!

Roger And Kim Goodwin
bout them DAWGS!!
Roger G is offline   Reply With Quote