Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2016, 07:08 AM   #15

Thank you for all of the kind words and messages.
The State Farm adjuster came out last night to inspect the motorhome.
She was very young, and I asked how many motorhomes she had checked that had been taken by the flood.
I got a sick feeling in my stomach when she said mine was the first motorhome that she had ever done!
Not to worry, she said, a supervisor who specialized in motorhomes was also coming by.
At first they balked because the water didn't reach the interior floor ( which was brand new), but changed their tune when they realized the motor had been under water for two days.
They called an appraisal service and put them on speaker phone and we went over every option I had.
I will know the outcome in 5-7 working days.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #16

Tradewinds DP

I can't imagine what you folks are going thru after the flood and wish only the best for all affected. Attached is a link to a Tradewinds DP with 51k miles for sale north of Pensacola. Looks nice from the pics. Might help with your insurance settlement or as a replacement. Hope this helps.

Steve

2003 National Tradewinds 7395LTC Motorhome

Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #17

Is there a local gruop in your area that is taking supplies/food etc. & passing out.I am just up near Longview ,Tx and have been looking for a way to help.dont want to make anyone mad but I will not give money to the Red Cross, personal bad experience
Old 08-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #18

There are several around but in my opinion Catholic Charities of Baton Rouge would be a good one.
I've heard that the news hasn't given this disaster a lot of coverage, but I can tell you first hand how bad it is. THOUSANDS lost their homes.
We had 30" of rain in two days, which would flood any place on earth.
The floodwater didn't care if you were rich or poor, black or white, Republican or Democrat - it just wiped you out.
Thank goodness I have flood insurance on the dwelling...but didn't check my policy and don't have contents. (yes, I'm kicking myself)
We will be ok now because Obama put down his putter and came down for some photo ops........
Thank God for the "Cajun Navy" (Google it) or the death toll would have been MUCH higher!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #19
42x

Tradewinds DP

Sorry for your loss. What year is the MH? I have 01 Tradewinds 7390 that 3 of the cargo doors are damaged on right side. If you would please, let me know who to get in touch with to buy the doors. Thank you .

Arden Exner 303-366-4161
Old 08-24-2016, 02:16 PM   #20

So very sorry for your loss . My prayers are with you.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
www.thecajunarmy.com is a group out of my parish organizing "Boots on the Ground" volunteer help. If you or anyone you know needs volunteer labor, please check out the website.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry about this tragedy. As far as the truck goes the FMCA has towing guides til 2016. 2017 has not been released. I have most of the guides for quite a few years back. If you buy a 4x4 truck and want to know if it is towable PM me for the year and I will send you a towing guide that shows 4 down towables and restrictions. Then make sure you insist to see the truck's manual on towing 4 down.

Good luck to you with your insurance.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun2Stepp View Post
Thank you for all of the kind words and messages.
The State Farm adjuster came out last night to inspect the motorhome.
She was very young, and I asked how many motorhomes she had checked that had been taken by the flood.
I got a sick feeling in my stomach when she said mine was the first motorhome that she had ever done!
Not to worry, she said, a supervisor who specialized in motorhomes was also coming by.
At first they balked because the water didn't reach the interior floor ( which was brand new), but changed their tune when they realized the motor had been under water for two days.
They called an appraisal service and put them on speaker phone and we went over every option I had.
I will know the outcome in 5-7 working days.....
Unfortunately, because of probable electrical problems your coach will be totaled. Don't take a low ball offer! Also, I'm pretty sure you can get your taxes, & registration fees back, we did. Check your state's insurance regulations. Good luck, hang tough & let us know how you make out.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Deeply saddened by your loss. Been in 3 floods and do not wish that devastation on anyone even once.

Glad you had dwelling insurance. Many people get a rude shock when they learn conventional auto and RV policies do not cover rising flood damage--it is only covered under flood insurance as part of the dwelling coverage.

It's okay to scream at the situation when you can't take the stress. Then hug those you love as tightly as you can. Love--given and received--gets you through.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
So sorry as well...
just got a call from my nephew to thank us for the care package we sent and who was starting to get back on his feet after readjusting from 3 tours in Iraq....

lost both cars and their house... No flood insurance because they were not in a flood zone and being from the area it had never flooded there...
The Feds had put one of those barriers in the center of I-12 so cars would not cross over (a waste of money IMHO anyway)
and now they found it acted as a dam that kept 4 foot of water back flooding many more than it probably would have...
http://www.wafb.com/story/32772104/w...t-was-man-made
I'm from the gooberment and I'm here to hep you
Old 09-01-2016, 08:03 AM   #26

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and leads.
I wanted to give an update.
State Farm has treated us fairly with all of our vehicles.
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery from a local guy, which will be our home for the next few months.
Super clean unit.
I've also purchased a 2016 Silverado 4x4, which met my needs.
80% complete on gutting my home, and contractor should be able to get started on it at the end of the month.
We're slowly making headway.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #27

glad to hear there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. thank you for keeping us updated.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfever View Post
glad to hear there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. thank you for keeping us updated.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome