RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Started looking for my 9mm pistol locked in plastic case, 2 checkbooks and about $100 in forever stamps bought before the price went up. None of the stuff was together but all went missing about last May. Could be in the basement or inside in a place that I wonít forget. Any ideas? Iíll help you find what your missing if you help me.
Seriously? I would not admit to losing a gun of any type let alone lose one. And do you mean the basement of the RV or the house. And 2 checkbooks missing as well? What have you been doing for the last 8 months?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
I bought a used pick up 25 years ago, 6 months later I removed the seat. I found a fully loaded 12 gauge shotgun, took it to the police, they ran numbers. It was not registered so they said it was mine now. I'm sure that wouldn't happen today.

That would depend on what state . If mine where lost or stolen , & later someone found them & turned them in , they wouldnít know who they belonged to .

Old 02-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
The OP mentioned that the wife won't help look for the pistol. There might be more to this story than told, maybe the wife has the situation under control!! Just a guess at this point.
Yeah my thoughts were floating in this direction too. Many wives are anti gun and don't want that dirty thing around. I actually have more guns than my husband. I sold several guns a few years back that were duplicates or that I didn't "love" because the gun safe was getting crowded. When a handgun goes camping with us its mine. lol Its my DC so not likely to spend much time in a box.

Or its like my husband and my power tools. I have thousands of dollars of power tools that he isn't interested in because he is a woodworking guy. I no longer use them for work but they get used occasionally and I can never find them...and he cant find them cause he cant remember where he put them to get them out of the way. He is in charge of the barn and doesn't care about tools he sees no value in.

As far as the bashing about losing it. It was in a box, its easy to grab a box and shove it somewhere and not give it a second thought as to what is in it. Ive even been unable to find something because my recollection is different from what I am actually looking for. I was looking for something the other day, once I gave up on what container I thought it was stored in I found it and then went ohhhh yeah I remember now.

It is a real concern its missing. If it is no longer in their possession then get the SN and report as stolen. If it was stolen how did it get stolen? This supports my strong feelings about locking your RV door anytime you walk away from it regardless of how "safe" you think the area you are parked in is.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Yeah my thoughts were floating in this direction too. Many wives are anti gun and don't want that dirty thing around. I actually have more guns than my husband. I sold several guns a few years back that were duplicates or that I didn't "love" because the gun safe was getting crowded. When a handgun goes camping with us its mine. lol Its my DC so not likely to spend much time in a box.

Or its like my husband and my power tools. I have thousands of dollars of power tools that he isn't interested in because he is a woodworking guy. I no longer use them for work but they get used occasionally and I can never find them...and he cant find them cause he cant remember where he put them to get them out of the way. He is in charge of the barn and doesn't care about tools he sees no value in.

As far as the bashing about losing it. It was in a box, its easy to grab a box and shove it somewhere and not give it a second thought as to what is in it. Ive even been unable to find something because my recollection is different from what I am actually looking for. I was looking for something the other day, once I gave up on what container I thought it was stored in I found it and then went ohhhh yeah I remember now.

It is a real concern its missing. If it is no longer in their possession then get the SN and report as stolen. If it was stolen how did it get stolen? This supports my strong feelings about locking your RV door anytime you walk away from it regardless of how "safe" you think the area you are parked in is.
A woman after my own heart , I married one just like you, when I buy a firearm she will usually buy one as well, this way I don't ever have to worry about her selling them for whhat I told her I paid for them, she already knows.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you have a flexsteel couch that pulls out to make a bed? I dropped my phone behind my couch, and couldn't reach it. I pulled out the draw under the couch, and found my phone, another cell phone the original owner had lost 15 years earlier, and a ten dollar bill. Your gun might be there. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #34

Don't try crossing the Canadian Border, the Customs and Border Patrol Guards Will find your gun...and you won't like the consequences.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What's with all the bashing? The guy asked for advice on finding it.

Don't cross into Mexico or
Canada cause they'll probably find it for you.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #36

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Friend of mine lost an Airweight pistol. Took him a year to find it.....in a basket beside his recliner where he dropped the mail to read later.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
The OP mentioned that the wife won't help look for the pistol. There might be more to this story than told, maybe the wife has the situation under control!! Just a guess at this point.
Yeah, I was wondering this early on in this series of post.
The fact that there are other items missing also, makes me wonder if someone (perhaps a "visitor") helped themselves to these items.
I hear of this happening all the time... often with jewelry. In these cases, the owner back-tracks in their mind and remembers a family member or maybe a repairman that they allowed access to their home and afterwards, realize that there are items missing from their home.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #38
WDW

Sometimes I think posts like this are fake, just so the writer can watch everyone scramble with their advise. No MH is that bing that you canít search it in 29 1/2 minutes.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Sometimes I think posts like this are fake, just so the writer can watch everyone scramble with their advise. No MH is that bing that you canít search it in 29 1/2 minutes.

Crossed my mind
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #40
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This thread is closed.

"General posting or discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions or posting about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Closed Thread