Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #15

Under the bed?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #16

It's behind the dryer. Now where is my GoPro selfie stick?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #17

My bet is in the drawers up by the driver seat. Or if you have been parked that whole time the bedroom gets my shakedown.

I have several guns that I have not shot for over a year. I won't jump on that wagon train that seems to be circling you! I may have too many..but that is one thing that I never seem to want to sell.

You will find it all. I try and rethink what was I doing the day that I last saw that. If you can remember any part of that day your recall may come back to you in total and you will walk to that drawer or closet and there it is. Do you have a small storage cabinet next to the bed? One that you could roll over in bed and reach but would likely be a bugger to get down on your knees to get into it? That is another likely spot.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #18

I'm not sure why the "sell it" replies are being made. What's that all about?

OP, could it be in a pants/shirt/jacket pocket that's hanging in a closet? Under a mattress or cushion?

Myself, i guess i wouldn't call it lost since i didn't miss it but i had a nice surprise finding $300 that i had forgotten i stashed about 3 years before. It was in the pocket on the back of the driver's seat. Oh yea, you might look there too.

That gun is there somewhere,,, you'll find it!
Old 02-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #19

Take the drawers out of the dressser & look on the floor
Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Order more checks, buy more stamps and go buy a new gun.

I guarantee after you do that the missing items will all show up. Happens to me all the time, soon as I buy a new one the old one appears.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
My dear wife put my 9mm SR9c in a shoe...took me long time...

I like that model I have one also.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:18 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I'm not sure why the "sell it" replies are being made. What's that all about?
Gee, maybe because it's totally irresponsible to "lose" a weapon and not know where it is for almost a year?? Doesn't matter if you have 1 gun or 50, you should always know where it/they are at all times? I own two handguns and I know where they are at all times.
It's not like he misplaced his car keys...
Old 02-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Started looking for my 9mm pistol locked in plastic case, 2 checkbooks and about $100 in forever stamps bought before the price went up. None of the stuff was together but all went missing about last May. Could be in the basement or inside in a place that I won’t forget. Any ideas? I’ll help you find what your missing if you help me.
WOW last May!! Maybe you lost more than those items. Do you know where your motor home is.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I like that model I have one also.
Me too, in fact I'm taking it to the range today with some other hand guns.

Seriously though, how do you lose a pistol? I have one pistol I purchased in the early '70s and I've always known where it was. My wife knows better than to touch or move any of them and she likes to rearrange things on a routine basis. Sell it, don't sell either way I thinks it's irresponsible to lose track of a firearm. Sorry if I'm offending the OP but just how I feel about it.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Lost my pistol last May!

When you do find it , and I hope soon , buy a small quick access handgun safe. Mount it by the bed or wherever you feel best. Remember the touch combo and you’ll have instant access .. it won’t walk away .. the DW won’t move it ( really?) and you can even keep your stamps and cash there !!
Have the Dw help start at the back and tear the place apart ( good time to clean house) stamps and cash will come in handy ... the gun if you keep it where you can use it and know how and practice could save your life ......or be a source of some new cash ! .. also probably a good idea. In fact I’m sorry also , but it’s probably the best idea.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #26

The OP mentioned that the wife won't help look for the pistol. There might be more to this story than told, maybe the wife has the situation under control!! Just a guess at this point.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
The OP mentioned that the wife won't help look for the pistol. There might be more to this story than told, maybe the wife has the situation under control!! Just a guess at this point.

Sadly , I think your right. We all may get to the point the DW may need to take action.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
How do you lose a pistol??? Find it, and sell it, legally. Be a responsible gun owner.
SMH
I bought a used pick up 25 years ago, 6 months later I removed the seat. I found a fully loaded 12 gauge shotgun, took it to the police, they ran numbers. It was not registered so they said it was mine now. I'm sure that wouldn't happen today.

I wish my basement was so big I could lose something in!
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
Closed Thread