Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Joe are you still in the dog house? I was doing some homework on water pressure regulators when I came across this old thread...

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #30
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
Joe are you still in the dog house? I was doing some homework on water pressure regulators when I came across this old thread...

Naw, she loves the good pressure and flow too!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
My high end watts froze this winter. Do you guys think I can just replace the gauge itself? The unit is not cracked or leaking in any way but the gauge is pinned. Needle went all the way around to the stop and stayed there.
Menards carries gauges. You should be able to match it up there. Or Farm&Fleet.

Richard
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #32

Thumbs down Water Filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Bought the Fairview pressure regulator and gauge from The Water Filter Store and am using it for the first time! It holds the pressure at 55PSI and gives full throughput from the spigot!

Looking at your setup, while brewing beer with some friends, they had setup an Omni Whole House filter connected to a water hose. Used it with one of the carbon filters to get rid of chlorine. That would allow easy, inexpensive changing to one of several types of filter also without loosing munch in the way of pressure. I'd think about putting it upstream of the regulator. Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #33
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
Looking at your setup, while brewing beer with some friends, they had setup an Omni Whole House filter connected to a water hose. Used it with one of the carbon filters to get rid of chlorine. That would allow easy, inexpensive changing to one of several types of filter also without loosing munch in the way of pressure. I'd think about putting it upstream of the regulator. Thoughts?

Sorry, don't know anything about the Omni filter system!

Old 05-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #34

Omni Water Filter

One of these, picture is from the Menards web site. Should be able to buy them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Menards price $30 for the housing and a basic filter. Replacement filters run from $2 -$20 depending on capability. They go from a basic sand/grit up thru activated carbon. I have one in my house that all water goes thru. Filter has a life of about 3 months.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:09 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Ours arrived yesterday. Sure hope I don't forget to take it with me when I leave the CG's. $$$

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #36
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
UPDATE- A little while ago we had a good rain while using the regulator and pressure gauge. After the rain I was outside and noticed that the pressure gauge was about 1/4 full of water!

I just remembered to call the RV Water Filter Store about this. They told me that the lowest cost gauge which I had bought was not waterproof and should only be used inside the compartment. They did say that the water would not damage it unless it froze. I will just put it at the freshwater inlet inside the wet bay. I guess that's really not a problem, but it would have been nice if they had told me that before I bought it!

They do have one that's waterproof, but more expensive!

Old 07-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
FWIW when buying this pressure regulator alway shop Camping World's price, I find them anywhere from $10 to $30 more expensive than other sources, i.e. Amazon, Water Filter Store, etc...

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...sure+regulator

As a rule I only use CW for research, I stop in look at what I want, sometimes I just need to see it in person, then check Amazon and others from my phone on price. CW is never the low price option.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #38

So what pressure should we really be limiting to? I thought it was 40psi. Can I go higher?
Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #39
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
So what pressure should we really be limiting to? I thought it was 40psi. Can I go higher?

Yes, you can definitely go higher! We like the higher pressure when taking a shower. It's whatever you are happy with! I love the 55 PSI! There's no risk to your plumbing as long as you're in the 50-60 PSI range. Of course, many campgrounds have low water pressure anyway!

Old 09-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
I'm considering the Watts regulator, mounted in my wet compartment. What procedure do you guys use for winterizing the regulator? I would imagine that if it were loose you could either shake it out or take it in the house but I would prefer to mount it in a compartment.
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Interest--I bought a "high-end" [Watts????] offered by C/W several years ago. Generally happy with the overall performance--flow is very good with no apparent restriction. However, on occasion, I notice that if I haven't used any water for a while, the pressure in the coach will creep up over the set limit [have two gauges installed, before and after regulator]. Not sure how that happens?????
When you have no flow for some time the pressure will creep up if the temperature rises. The regulator typically has no way to relieve the excess pressure.